• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want?

• Make new IP's

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • Continue to build upon and revive existing IP's

Votes: 92 63.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
While Capcom is back in terms of putting out games of quality, they once again will probably take the metacritic award for highest average for game's released in a year, there has got to be a concern about this though right?

I mean, sure - keep pumping out these remakes, but I really hope Capcom creates a new action I.P. Maybe something that's a mix between DMC and Onimusha. Hopefully not a From Soft clone though.

What kind of new IP do you want from Capcom, and what genre or type of game do you want it to be?

OR - Should Capcom just focus on continuing to build fan trust and appreciation by reviving older, existing franchises.

*EDIT: It is Dragon's Dogma right? I know they made a new mobile game. And there was this dating simulator, I think. But nothing in terms of a big, multi-platform release since then.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Capcom doesn't need any new IP. Their backlog of dormant IP is diverse enough that they should probably continue to generate goodwill by bringing more of those back.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, they better not even think about any new IP until they give us Dragons Dogma 2

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I think EX Troopers came after Dragons Dogma

images

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
I chose the second option so they can make dogma 2 by continuing to build upon and revive existing IP's :-)

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love new IPs.. Capcom is on a roll revitalizing current ones. I'd love a Dragon's Dogma 2 or a true Breath of Fire sequel. Or a new Rival Schools.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Thats why mr. Mikami and co left the company in the PS2 era

Shame but sequels work more for them

Oct 25, 2017
New IPs are always great, and Capcom has some incredible minds that would come up with the hypest things.

That being said, I need Dragon's Dogma 2 right now, so fuck new IPs.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Their last original IP was Gaist Crusher, wasn't it?

I mean, it was an outsourced JP only flop on 3DS but still

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
They have allowed so many of their older IPs to go dormant that reviving any of them would effectively be equivalent to a new IP.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
New IP are great, but they have so much they can work with that I'd be happy if they just keep working with what they already have.

symphonask

Oct 28, 2017
I mean the best games I played this year - Sekiro, Control, Disco Elysium, Death Stranding... were all new IPs.

I'm not against sequels. But if you're going to make one, make sure it's a big enough jump in quality to be worth it. Don't give me something that's the same but maybe slightly better... Thats boring.

It all comes down to ambition. My two most anticipated games next year are Elden Ring and Doom Eternal. One is a prominent studio's most ambitious new game yet, the other a sequel that looks to be taking a big leap over its predecessor in terms of gameplay.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird to put these decisions as a fault of Capcom when the consumer rewards remakes and sequels at breathtaking rates.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as I'm getting good games, I don''t really care whether they're new or old franchises.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has been bringing back so e incredible good will lately and I am very pleased

But....

They still owe the world for Breath of Fire 6

Thats a lot of making up to do which is why I answered that they should focus on reviving existing IPs in the poll

Clean up your house before you build the addition I say!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
With most companies I'd be advocating for the occasional new IP, but Capcom is sitting on so much good stuff that it's hard to not just want more of that.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What do I want? Dragon's Dogma 2. The first game was a very flawed masterwork, and with enough time and love, they could make a sequel that can finally realize their original vision in its fullest potential. After that? Try a new IP. Capcom seems to work the best when they are mixing a steady stream of sequels to cherished franchises along with taking risks every now and then, but consistently so.

With most companies I'd be advocating for the occasional new IP, but Capcom is sitting on so much good stuff that it's hard to not just want more of that.

Yep.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Just as long as I get REmake:Code Veronica, another VR RE, DMC6, and Dragon's Dogma II they can do whatever they want.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Dragon's Dogma 2 is a lock for next gen. My mouth is watering thinking about it given Capcom's recent games' visual fidelity.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I can't fucking believe we never got a dragon's dogma 2.

Cannot fucking believe it.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I mean both of course but if I could only have one I'd say let them continue bringing back everything then once they've tapped the well out move on to new stuff.

i hate when games are lost to time completely or only playable for people with a lot of money or need some obscure method