• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
PUFmXh.png

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom, hire me for free to take a screenshot of the title screen with the title, and to crop it into a square, which you can then use as an icon

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm imagining that in the future gaming companies finally discover that they can tap into a huge blue ocean by selling DLC, where the DLC is just a better icon.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've always thought the PS4 icon was ugly as hell because of the logo clearly being barely visible mid-frame in the icon screenshot.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You don't spend $30 for Resident Evil 4.
You spend $30 so that you have an excuse to play Resident Evil 4 again.

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
I think the PS4 icon is worse. It's just a picture of Leon standing awkwardly to the right of the image with a desaturated gray village background. But, I mean, that version at least has the title on it. The poses on the Switch version are more dynamic and there's actual color to it.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Send me your Switch plus 200 bucks and I'll hack it and replace the icon with this new one:

re2_remake_leon_pinup_by_mistfighter_dcxq4pl_pre.jpg

Yes I know it's RE2 Leon but it's a work in progress. Give me a month or two and I'll add a 4 somewhere.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Will that even be noticeable on the switch though when it's not blown up like this?
You know it's there, tho

It's like if you tried to catch and free a spider and it got away and you're sitting on the couch and you KNOW it's back there somewhere, plotting your demise while rubbing its tiny spider arms together and going "Excellenttttttt"

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're really not going to buy a game because you don't like it's thumbnail on the switch menu? How do y'all even live?

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
You're really not going to buy a game because you don't like it's thumbnail on the switch menu? How do y'all even live?
I live prosperously and with peace of mind in a life devoid of offensive icons

But this is like my most beloved son joining ISIS and I'm leaving the porchlight on waiting for him to come to to his senses

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I need an image of Leon screaming, angrily if possible.

Don't ask why. it's for science. Just give it to me. I'll put it to good use.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And as is always the case with these things, they've already made a better icon for the game's website. They could've just reused this.

PbLIZQn.png

Yup. It's almost like a taunt.

But really Capcom have already shown that they don't care about this game, hence the silence about the outrageous pricing of it on their end despite the complaints and the fact that it's still absent from the eShop charts when I last looked earlier today which indicates a lack of interest from die-hard fans at least at this stage.

We'll see the full picture soon enough in May though. Just not at all the picture we want lol.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if Reggie has left Nintendo yet but he should burst through the walls of Capcom's HQ like the Kool-Aid Man and demand a fix right this instant

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of what you value the game at, the launch MSRP for such a port should probably be the same on all platforms...
Maybe, I basically just buy RE4 every time Capcom releases it, lol

BUT NOT THIS TIME. NOT IF THEY DON'T FIX THE ICON.

Please fix it, I will probably buy it anyways but then I will suffer, why would you hurt your loyal fans Capcom ;_;