• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

But instead of Megaman and Megaman X you could have Devil May Cry and DmC.
That doesn't make sense because Megaman and X both have great gameplay.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
With how open Microsoft has been working with other companies, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens at some point. They will just have to come to an agreement. Companies do it all the time and MS has been doing more of them lately.

Oct 25, 2017
DmC was trash and Tameem Antoniades is a garbage person.

E.G. his use of " our dante isnt a brokeback mountain cowboy"

Razlo

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't this the same developer that said DmC depressed him, and so he fought to get DMC 5 made.

I think he was just being nice in this interview. There's no reason Capcom would make a sequel to a bad selling game that annoyed fans.

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of a sequel to DmC how about a reboot or spin-off. I'd be fine with more experimentation there but without the terrible tone and characters.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
DmC was a game killed by Ninja Theory's tone deaf PR. They actually did what a reboot/alternate timeline should do, and made a solid game that probably couldn't and shouldn't have been part of the original series.

If they go back to it, I'd probably play it. It wasn't the same incredibly deep character action game that the main series is, it reminded me more of God of War, which isn't a bad thing. Why not have alternate interpretations of the same IPs? I'd be down for stuff like the Killer Instinct team getting a shot at Street Fighter as a separate series, as another example.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
As a side spin off, sure. But If it would bite into potential DMC6 then fuck no.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Whatever happens I hope Ninja Theory gets to make another character action game. DmC was tons of fun and I'd love to see another game like it.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I have mixed feelings about DmC now. When it came out I LOVED it, that and DMC 4 were the only two games I played in the series and I thought DmC was really cool with the warped worlds and the combat was actually pretty cool and so was the story.

Flash forward to late last year when the definitive edition hit Gamepass. I started it again and boy, I couldnt get past the writing. It felt cringeworthy and very "edgy" but the combat still felt good.

Now after playing DMC:V I would love a mixture of both. Combat of DMC:V and level design and overall story of DmC with new writers.

Microsoft owning Ninja Theory is very interesting. Capcom let Sony help with development cost of SF:V which allowed it to be exclusive, if Capcom and Microsoft come to terms, I can see them doing the same for DmC if the market demands it.

Plus in all seriousness, it wouldn't hurt anyone if Microsoft allowed Ninja Theory to develop and still release it on multiple platforms, more money mo money right?

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Capcom if you want a DMC spin-off just get Platinum to make a Lady game where it plays like Vanquish, it would be cheaper.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Seems pretty unlikely considering that DMCV has released. It would be a first i can recall in any media outside of comics to have a series continue their mainline series DMC and the Reboot DmC in conjunction with each other. That would be too weird and confusing to casual gamers. I would settle (not happily) if we couldn't get a DMC6 somehow I guess but honestly I'd prefer the original series way more.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wouldn't be mad at a Megaman/MMX scenario where both existed as long as the Capcom side of things got into DmC's combat to fix the dumb stuff in it.

I only had a problem when they tried to replace the canon DMC with it, which they fucking aren't after DMCV made them bank.

Just one thing though, if they want Ninja Theory it's Xbox/PC only or Xbox/PC/Switch; I highly doubt MS is gonna let Sony use their dev based on past interactions.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Don't call it DmC. Call it something else. Angel May Cry or something. Alternate Universe story where Sparta was a Angel

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the devil trigger that needs pulling. By now it's a question of when, not if. Do it, Capcom!

HotSauceMaven

Oct 9, 2018
I'm all for other companies taking their shot at existing IPs and giving it their own spin. Comic Books do this all the time and I genuinely think a lot of good can come out of it. Platinum does this to some extent already for activison,square, and konami IPs and it'd be cool if more companies were able to do the same. As absolutley crazy as it sounds now, there was once a time where I would have loved to have seen a Final Fantasy made by Bioware or Mortal Kombat made by Capcom. Devil May Cry is no different.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Do it Capcom. I need to see a conclusion to the story, and after RE7,DMC5, and MHW I have no doubt that it would be a success. I don't even care if it has to be an Xbox exclusive.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its useless to invest into a DmC 2 if you ask me. DMCV took a lot of cues from DmC actually. It feels like it took from both classic DMC and DmC. Just develop DMC6, and ditch the multiple characters playthrough, and the repetitive underground levels.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maaybe and only maybe as a XBone Zwei exclusive with Itsuno just giving e-mail guidelines to NT as he works on DMC6.

DMC5 was a success both critically and commercially, Capcom is not that dumb to throw that away.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A DmC 2 wouldn't make much sense these days.

DmC X DMC however....

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what they do as long as they give me DMCV vergil playable at some point.

Though the comparisons to X and Marvel Vs Capcom With DmC made me throw up in my mouth somewhat