• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hideaki Itsuno has mentioned in previous interviews, that he actually liked the reboot and wanted to make a sequel. Why was the idea scraped later on and has the mood changed after DMC5? Do you still think that DmC should get a sequel and if so, should it be another collaboration, or do you think it should be in the hands of a single studio?

As you mentioned, on the dev side we certainly wanted to and thought we would work with Ninja Theory again to create a sequel to DmC, but that unfortunately didn't get off the ground. We'd still love to see a sequel, but we think it absolutely has to be made by Ninja Theory – so much of the amazing style and substance in that game was only possible because they have such a knack for what's cool. It wouldn't be DmC without Ninja Theory.

There's a lot more DMC 5 talk in this interview with Matt Walker, but I found this quote the most interesting to make a thread over. I never even knew a potential sequel had gotten so far as to fall-through. However, as the quote states Ninja Theory seems to be a big part of DmC and with MS now owning them. Looks like a lot would have to align to get that sequel made.

Source: http://feed4gamers.com/game-news/18...-development-and-possible-future-projects.htm

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It would be cool actually. Alternate entries. Expand the brand more. Use DmC to test out crazy stuff before bringing it into the mainline series. LIke a fighting game ;)

DMC = Street Fighter
DmC = Marvel V Capcom

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Original plans fell through due to lack of sales (yes they're at 2.4 million now, but they originally undershot by almost a million), they just don't want to say that. More to the point, "We'd still love to see a sequel, but we think it absolutely has to be made by Ninja Theory" is why it won't happen. They're Microsoft 1st party now.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Would be nice to see a sequel one day. Happy to see that Itsuno and Capcom are into the idea even if it's unlikely to happen at this point.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Do whatever. I still have much childish hatred for DmC, but after 5 I feel like the series is actually concluded so I have lost enough spite that I can be spiteful from a distance rather than actively upset at its existence :P

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno is so polite.

Edit: their link to the source for the interview is broken

Razlo

Oct 31, 2017
Wow would this be a bad idea. Just got the series back on track, don't derail it again.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping Devil May Cry and DmC would work like Megaman and Megaman X, where one didn't mean the death of the other and both could be developed.

For instance, they just put out DMC5, and maybe Itsuno wants to make Dragons Dogma 2, and that's ok because Ninja Theory could give us DmC2, and after Dragons Dogma 2 ships they can go back to DMC6.

But this isn't happening now that Ninja Theory is a first party studio, so the dream is almost surely dead.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see the point of making two concurrent DMC series when they finally managed to get the main series back on track. Some of the worst parts of the original DmC were when they tried to somehow shoehorn some ties to the larger DMC lore.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
In what universe would Microsoft be like sure we will let our first party studio make a AAA singleplayer sequel to that divisive game that unperformed that we dont own the rights to.
Im not against the idea but I feel like Itsuno just feels really bad that people hate DmC so much.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Original plans fell through due to lack of sales (yes they're at 2.4 million now, but they originally undershot by almost a million), they just don't want to say that. More to the point, "We'd still love to see a sequel, but we think it absolutely has to be made by Ninja Theory" is why it won't happen. They're Microsoft 1st party now.
Don't you dare underestimate Phil Spencer.
400437196114493443.png

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
But why tho

The OG series just back on track, why on Earth would anyone seriously want to bring Donte back at this point?

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be weird for Capcom to kill interest in the franchise with a DmC2 after DMC5 just reinvigorated it.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Would be weird for Capcom to kill interest in the franchise with a DmC2 after DMC5 just reinvigorated it.

Well that team (including the director) are probably working on something else like Dragon's Dogma 2 since Itsuno kept saying he'd like to do a sequel or a new IP next after DMC5, so they may have to look at another option to keep the DMC IP alive and ticking for the next decade (since the gap between DMC4 and DMC5 was very, very long).

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dino Crisis will come back before this happens.

WE DON'T DO IT

Px0Lpgr.jpg

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that team (including the director) are probably working on something else like Dragon's Dogma 2 since Itsuno kept saying he'd like to do a sequel or a new IP next after DMC5, so they may have to look at another option to keep the DMC IP alive and ticking for the next decade (since the gap between DMC4 and DMC5 was very, very long).

Itsuno needs to pass the torch then.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd like Ninja Theory to make another DmC, I'd rather see them make a spiritual successor that won't get crapped on by DMC fans. And they probably don't even want to make another DmC now that they have the financial stability to make their own shit that doesn't have so much baggage attached.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
DmC was great, but now with DMC5 existing I don't think it would make a lot of sense.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
As someone who just played DMC games for the first time this month with both DmC and DMC5, I'd like to see both extended in their alternate realities. DmC was fun all the way through with some amazing level design.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of design staff that worked on DmC have left, including two of the key designers behind DmC DE. I don't see any point in wishing for a sequel anymore.

There's a lot more DMC 5 talk in this interview with Matt Walker, but I found this quote the most interesting to make a thread over. I never even knew a potential sequel had gotten so far as to fall-through. However, as the quote states Ninja Theory seems to be a big part of DmC and with MS now owning them. Looks like a lot would have to align to get that sequel made.

Source: http://feed4gamers.com/game-news/18...-development-and-possible-future-projects.htm

Naturally. A game that won't ever get a sequel. You can relate to that idea. ;)