• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
I do find it great that Resident Evil fans are feasting right now, but Capcom where is more DMC content? Where is DMC5:SE? RE3 was released roughly a year after RE2, and RE4 remake and RE8 are confirmed to be in the pipeline. Please throw DMC a bone (beyond DMC3:SE rerelease)...

I mean modders have almost made a functioning Vergil, have added Coop to all missions, and the ability to play any character in all missions...

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It is agonizing seeing how far the Vergil mod has come and that there's still no word on this. Capcom please, gimme my playable DMC5 Vergil!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If Dusk Golem is on the money, there are still two major non-RE games & one mid-tier game on the horizon. Though I'd imagine that those games are Dev 2 endeavors (MH, fighting games, Mega Man, Ace Attorney, etc.) rather than Dev 1 (RE, DMC, Dragon's Dogma, etc.) projects.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They're too busy working on a Breath of Fire sequel! I want to believe!

DMC5 does have a lack of DLC, though. Mods more than make up for it, though. Mods making up for things base games did is why I got into PC gaming.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'd watch for Xbox's next big event. That's likely where DMC5:Se and something not RE/SF would likely be shown from Capcom. As Playstation has RE & SF reveals on lock it seems.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I only expect Vergil, full character select on every level, turbo mode, and maybe additional weapons via a special edition release on next gen.

And if those extra weapons are from Dante's DMC3 arsenal, all the better. I doubt that would interfere with the development and release of DMC6.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I hope it's an update or DLC and not trying to sell the game again for full price.

I'm certain this will be a standalone release or at most a premium update a la Iceborne. They've never sold the SE releases at full-price. DMC4SE was only $40 at launch, and that ended up adding in three new characters, which was pretty fair IMO.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
DMC3 SE came out less than a year after DMC3, but DMC4 SE came out seven years later, on an entirely new set of consoles (admittedly, because Capcom had tried something new and came out of that particular experiment a little bruised). So I wouldn't necessarily rule one out just because it has not been announced.

I do hope to see some more new stuff from Capcom though. As much as I love RE, they've got other IPs they're sitting on, or they could try something new.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine they went straight into Itsuno's next project (probably Dragon's Dogma 2).

Though didn't they mention using DMC as a training ground for newer devs or something? Am I imagining that?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I imagine they went straight into Itsuno's next project (probably Dragon's Dogma 2).

Though didn't they mention using DMC as a training ground for newer devs or something? Am I imagining that?
That sounds to me more like M2 getting experience working partially on REmake 3 before heading development how RE4.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
DMC is one of those franchises that I'm always worried we won't see another one of. I think we have a Long wait for new content.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm certain this will be a standalone release or at most a premium update a la Iceborne. They've never sold the SE releases at full-price. DMC4SE was only $40 at launch, and that ended up adding in three new characters, which was pretty fair IMO.

DMC3 SE came out in an era before DLC and DMC4 SE was a next-gen port seven years after the original release, so DLC wasn't really in the cards for either of them. DMC5 would be a different story; if they put out a DMC5 SE any time within the next two or three years there'd be no excuse not to at least have a DLC upgrade option.

Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, I think it's a little frustrating that modders have (almost) beaten Capcom to the punch here.

What really worries me is whether or not Capcom will not take inspiration from the mods, as DMC3:SE for Switch, while great, is kind of only 3/4s there:

While it has Style Switch and Weapon Switch, one cannot transition to other Styles while in Quicksilver like in the mod, and various other quality of life changes are not present, chief among them:

1). Not reducing the amount of button presses required for Crazy Combos (my biggest gripe with DMC3:SE Switch)
2). Not making Rainstorm like it in DMC4 and DMC5 (holding the button down as opposed to having to rapidly press it)
3). Not being able to have a custom load-out.

What I'd want most from DMC5: SE is this:

1). Playable Vergil similar to how to the mod is + Doppelgänger and a Block so we can block bullets and such just like Vergil.
2). Agni & Rudra and Nevan back in some form (extra weapons for Dante or weapons for Trish or some other character).
3). Playable Trish, Lady, and Lucia
4). Turbo Mode
5). LDK Mode
6). Divergence Mode
7). Co-Op (either BP or campaign, though preferably both)
8). Extra costumes
9). Cut weapons (the saxophone, ice skates, gymnastics ribbons that were talked about in an interview; either for Dante or one of the new characters).
10). New/alternate V summons
11). And the biggest ask: mini-campaigns for Trish, Lucia, Lady (Ladies Night) and Vergil.

Really the top two are most important for me.

I really think Agni & Rudra could benefit from a second pass (namely more use of the fact that they can talk during combos and using different inputs to switch between separated sword mode and combined double sword mode like with Balrog or King Cerberus).

Nevan could of course do what Cerberus did and map all guitar moves to Triangle/Y and Scythe moves to Sword Master; all while having a new saxophone form!!!! Call it Queen Nevan; the King needs a Queen!

Sadly, A&R and Nevan coming back are a probably the most unlikely out of my above list, next to mini-campaigns.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It is odd how there's been complete silence about any follow up to DMC5 considering how well it did though I guess DMC4 was the same.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Being made for next gen, be patient. They're just taking advantage of momentum but I'm sure all of that is being worked on.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
DMC V special edition includes:
- separate missions option for dante, V, Nero (you can play each story for each character separately).
- virgil, lady, trish are now playable with their own story missions.
- zero Loading on PS5, 4k resolution, 60 fps, 4k textures.
- New mission that takes places with dante and virgil in the underworld (can be played coop online).
- launching day one with ps5

You heard it here first guys.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
I was so sure we were going to get Virgil DLC at The Game Awards last December, but honestly I don't think it's coming anytime soon if it does happen. Definitely feels like something we'd see next gen at this point.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've never wanted DLC for a game more than I want it for DMC5. Seems like they've moved on to Dragon's Dogma 2 or something though, what a shame. :(

s y

Nov 8, 2017
More than anything I'd love some QoL changes. There are so many loading screens on console...

Imagine:
-Instant restarts. Would help out SO much on Hell or Hell runs.
-When you select a mission, a cut scene plays, then loads into the customize screen, then loads into the mission. I'd love if that entire process took less than 5 seconds.
-I hope they buff V. He is absolutely atrocious and not-fun to play with on higher difficulties. Give him some cane combos.
-Make Devil Arm switching unlockable for Nero.
-Ability to play any mission with any character.
-LDK Mode
-Refreshed background art for the Hell Tree missions(this is a long shot, I know)
-More costumes. If that's too much, more color swaps for the existing outfits.

OP
OP
direct_quote

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
What I'd want most from DMC5: SE is this:

1). Playable Vergil similar to how to the mod is + Doppelgänger and a Block so we can block bullets and such just like Vergil.
Honestly they should give Vergil a new weapon for one (or two). I'd be fine with Vergil having just 2 weapons if they are fully fleshed out, just don't want to see Force Edge and Beowulf for the 3rd time.. I'm also for a blocking mechanic that behaves differently from Dante's Royal guard.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Did Capcom really think people would be happy without a playable Vergil? Lol
It's probably something they wanted to do but didn't have the resources for. Like, 3 characters with different play styles, one of whom was very new instead of iterating, is a big undertaking. So you either get a Vergil as limiting as V compared to Nero and Dante. Or you get THE Vergil.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
We've had rumors that Capcom is in fact close to announcing some other new games.

But also, RE is bigger than DMC and it's the end of the generation.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Capcom say right out of the gate that there wasn't going to be any DLC for DMC 5?

They're probably saving the special edition for next gen if there even is one.