• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's obviously for Switch. I don't see them passing up on the opportunity of a portbable entry when that market is so huge..

Oct 29, 2017
UK
i need to finish the first one. I loved what I played.
I only just picked it up because Argos in the UK is slashing the prices on all 3DS stuff. I played the demo but it feels like it was made in response to Yokai Watch's popularity at the time. I just kinda assumed when Stories-like might be the kind of younger audience thing.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Does MH have a mobile game? because every kid over there probably has a smart phone.
MHFU for iOS is the best version of the game. Unfortunately they stopped supporting it a while ago...

I'm excited for classic MH but I'd rather mentally prepare for another gacha mobile spin off..

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Probably means a Switch game. Either that or another mobile gatcha

*Also Capcom please put out one more expansion to MHW. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This FY is the highest they've had in a long time. If RE8 ain't coming, the only other game that'll get it there is a Mon Hun on Switch

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
since when were old monster hunters for kids?
PS2 MH probably not, but PSP MH games releases around the time most people were in middle/early high school. So yeah, kids.

Guess we won't really know until TGS in september at the earliest. With their last earnings report they expect 2020-2021 to be a record breaker in revenue, and the only way they can achieve that is with a new MH game.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yes. They ported Stories, which was targeted at younger kids and then they made a sequel called Riders targeted at an older audience than that.
Ah, so no ''real'' MH experience.
MHW on Switch was never going to be a thing when they have been developing a MH Exclusive Switch game in the first place.

Monster Hunter Explore a few years ago (servers shut down already), and Monster Hunter Riders (which according to gaijinhunter is shit)
they need to capitalize on a switch version, MHW did insanely good but no reason not to chase a switch game that could do millions.

OP
OP

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Why is everyone assuming it's mobile? The PSP entires had MH Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd. It's safe to assume the next MH game is by the portable team who also developed MH Generations.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably what the "Next" teaser from Ichinose was referring to

they need to capitalize on a switch version, MHW did insanely good but no reason not to chase a switch game that could do millions.
They released Freedom Unite on mobile as well.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I mean why would Capcom not make a monster hunter game for switch.

They would basically be missing out on the huge amount of income from the switch's audience. Switch is basically dominating in Japan with its software basically crushing sales.

I know for fact Japan is hungry for a handheld monster hunter. Now the question is if monster hunter does get announced will Nintendo have publishing rights for it in the US.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone assuming it's mobile? The PSP entires had MH Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd. It's safe to assume the next MH game is by the portable team who also developed MH Generations.
It's not like Capcom has provided much in terms of original Switch content.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Do middle/high school kids not like the same games as other ages? This is like Nintendo trying to keep Pokemon a kids game when there are 40 year olds playing it. Just make a good game. People will play it regardless.

OP
OP

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
It's not like Capcom has provided much in terms of original Switch content.
I understand that perspective but Capcom isn't THAT stupid. In addition, we have had at least 3 reliable insiders who have teased a MH game for Switch. It's a matter of when, not if.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, Monster Hunter Portable sequel on mobile.
Nah but I'm so used to play MH in handheld, couldn't play more than 15 hours on PS4.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

MH Explore was the closest to being a real MH experience, but yeah a true MH mobile wouldn't be possible, since they'd have to dumb down the controls/combat to make it viable to play on a touch screen/pad.

If it does turn out to be MH for the Switch, i'm interested in the development of the game. I know rumors about an MH Switch exclusive started long before MHW got revealed at E3 in 2017, but i wonder why its taken so long and why Capcom has been so terrible with their transparency regarding anything Switch related.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to the embarrassing threads like on here and Gaf had with MHW between the Nintendo and Sony fans.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Do middle/high school kids not like the same games as other ages? This is like Nintendo trying to keep Pokemon a kids game when there are 40 year olds playing it. Just make a good game. People will play it regardless.
You can't play MHW for example on the train during your commute to school/home or when your hanging out with friends in a public area. That's a big difference.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

It has more to do with how Monster Hunter portable offered a handheld experience where kids can play on the go unlike say World in Japan.
MH Explore was the closest to being a real MH experience, but yeah a true MH mobile wouldn't be possible, since they'd have to dumb down the controls/combat to make it viable to play on a touch screen/pad.

If it does turn out to be MH for the Switch, i'm interested in the development of the game. I know rumors about an MH Switch exclusive started long before MHW got revealed at E3 in 2017, but i wonder why its taken so long and why Capcom has been so terrible with their transparency regarding anything Switch related.

I think it has to do with the fact that maybe the Monster Hunter Switch game would overshadow MHW in Japan. So they probably wanted to give MHW some space.

Once they got MHW out the way they will probably announce the portable monster hunter.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
For Teens? MH Gatcha for mobile.
Wedding dress Brachydios is going to make bank.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to talk about this, I've literally had what this is confirmed by like a dozen different people at this point, but I'm not much of a MH fan and I feel it's not really my place to say what this is, others who know and are bigger fans haven't said anything so I won't either. All I'll say is be patient for a bit longer.

Uh oh. Sounds like Switch version. All the doubters, where you at?
Monster Hunter World is not coming to Switch, that I will comment on. Capcom themselves actually say that in the very interview this topic is about.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to say more, I've literally had what this is confirmed by like a dozen different people at this point, but I'm not much of a MH fan and I feel it's not really my place to say what this is, others who know haven't said anything, all I'll say is be patient for a bit longer.
A bit longer as in TGS or a bit longer as in the next Direct ?

Yeah no need to say more on the game itself, people wouldn't believe you for several reasons, it is not worth it.

OP
OP

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Just want to quote Jawmuncher's comment.

This FY is the highest they've had in a long time. If RE8 ain't coming, the only other game that'll get it there is a Mon Hun on Switch

We know for a fact that their targets for this Fiscal Year is much higher than previous years which even had MHW and Icebrone. Of course, COVID-19 can change things however, RE8 alone on PC and Next Gen isn't going to achieve those sales. A new MH game that comes to Switch? That will certainly help. So I doubt it will be mobile.