• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
New Platinum Seller
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 1M

Monster Hunter Titles
Monster Hunter World - 16.8M (+400K)
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 7.2M (+600K)
Monster Hunter Generations: Ultimate - 4.1M (+200K)

Devil May Cry Titles
Devil May Cry 5 - 4.1M (+200K)
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - 1.6M (+100K)

Resident Evil Titles
Resident Evil 7 - 8.5M (+200K)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 7.8M (+300K)
Resident Evil 5 - 7.8M (+100K)
Resident Evil 6 - 7.7M (+100K)
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 3.6M (+600K)
Resident Evil Remake HD - 2.9M (+100K)
Resident Evil 0 HD - 2.8M (+200K)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 2.7M (+100K)
Resident Evil 6 (PS4/X1) - 2.3M (+100K)
Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3/360/PC) - 2.1M (+100K)
Resident Evil 4 (PS4/X1) - 2.1M (+100K)
Resident Evil 5 (PS4/X1) - 2M (+100K)
Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD - 1.4M (+100K)

Fighting Games
Street Fighter V - 5.2M (+200K)
Street Fighter Anniversary - 1.7M (+200K)
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - 1.1M (+100K)

Other Titles
Dead Rising 3 - 2.9M (+100K)
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4/X1/PC) - 1.5M (+100K)
Megaman: Legacy Collection - 1.2M (+100K)

Game Franchise Updates
Dragons Dogam - 5.6M (+100K)
Okami - 3.3M (+100K)
Resident Evil - 107M (+2M)
Monster Hunter - 66M (+1M)
Ace Attorny - 8M (+100K)
Devil May Cry - 23M (+1M)
Marvel Vs. Capcom - 9.8M (+100K)
Street Fighter - 46M (+1M)

www.capcom.co.jp

Game Series Sales |Product Data | CAPCOM

Total sales units of major titles such as "Resident Evil" and "Onimusha" are described.

Last edited:

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter - 46M (+100K)

Street Fighter V - 5.2M (+200K)
Street Fighter Anniversary - 1.7M (+200K)

???

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly, Street Fighter V is now Capcom's 8th best selling game of all time.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad RE is doing so well even if I disliked VII.

That numbering is so weird though, I get they separate their sku's but RE5 did much better than it first appears.

Sesha

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
RE games collectively sold 2.2M+ purely through catalog titles.

DMC5 is the first DMC release in its 20 year history to break 4M, and it did it in 20 months. That's pretty momentous.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice numbers for DMC5. Does that include the Special Edition numbers?

I'm happy that the DMC franchise is strong. My big hope is that the next game in the series will be a big break from the formula of the series. I really dug DMC5, but it felt more like a return to the series' status quo, which was to its detriment in my opinion. This franchise deserves something more grand and better, and it really needs a God of War or Resident Evil 4 type of reinvention, and I hope the next game will do just that.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I own a bunch of Capcom games cause how often they go on sale lol.

haven't bought a single title for full price in a long time.

Sargerus

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
0f938ff4be11290ec94c6caab7d02586.gif

Kashibaba

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, they loop in all versions of SFV under one SKU. A lot of other games would be higher but their sales are split up. Like DMC4 being separate from DMC4SE.
But there is only one version of SFV you if got it on day one or today, all of them are the same version and can play together, only difference is it includes DLC.

Sesha

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice numbers for DMC5. Does that include the Special Edition numbers?

No.

I'm happy that the DMC franchise is strong. My big hope is that the next game in the series will be a big break from the formula of the series. I really dug DMC5, but it felt more like a return to the series' status quo, which was to its detriment in my opinion.

I disagree. It was unlike previous games in a lot of key ways. It has 3 playable characters in the main campaign and introed a completely novel style of gameplay in the form of V (+ a novel approach to weapons in the form of the Devil Breaker pick-up system), streamlined the gameplay loop by dropping key items, puzzle solving and elaborate platforming almost entirely, dropped the Metroidvania pretenses of its RE roots in favor of a more linear progression than previous games (basically like DmC and Bayonetta), dropped useable items, has alternate selectable missions with M7 and 13, introduced the cameo system, drastically changed the art style from stylized anime-inspired to photorealism, has more dynamic level geometry and setpieces, has a prologue mission for a total of 21 (another break from 3 and 4). So I'd say it did a lot to keep things fresh.

This franchise deserves something more grand and better, and it really needs a God of War or Resident Evil 4 type of reinvention, and I hope the next game will do just that.

Would be much too drastic, since both of those games engaged in complete genre shifts. And the numbers show it doesn't need to do that. Unlike the two examples, wheres sales had been stagnating.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I just dislike how much of a slog it is to replay RE7. Very much a one and done game compared to other RE titles, personally

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Congrats to SFV, what a beast! Really looking forward to next Thursday's update.

And HOT DAMN AT MONSTER HUNTER WORLD + ICEBORNE. Jesus Christ. Big ups to the Monster Hunter squad for that one.

Ehh, they loop in all versions of SFV under one SKU. A lot of other games would be higher but their sales are split up. Like DMC4 being separate from DMC4SE.

Yeah no shit, it's all the same game.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the confusion caused by Capcom not combing SKUs until 2017 and doesn't retroactively do so. A lot of previous Capcom titles sold much better than they appear because of this. RE5 and RE6 for example have cracked 10m awhile ago, but because they're not combined I see a lot of people, of no fault of their own really, think RE7 is now the best selling RE and even Capcom's second best selling game of all time. Max has even been saying that on stream a lot recently, and it simply is not the case.

It's a very real possibility, as RE7 has been showing impressive legs, and they're likely about to get another big boost due to its direct sequel coming up soon and that usually boosts sales. But it simply isn't there yet.