• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this a tease for Classic Resident Evil Ports?

• Yes

Votes: 198 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 312 61.2%

• Total voters

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Kind of. It's not super clear from my understanding, but it seems they are going to launch a multiplayer mode with Village that will potentially have some kind of tie into all future RE titles, sort of like Warzone is for COD. But I don't know if we really have much actual details on it at this point and how much of that is speculation.

Crazy thought. What if the multiplayer was actually third person?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
They updated DMCV, so they can still do some DLC for RE2 at the very least, since that had lots of content already cut and wouldn't need as much of a reworking as RE3R would. Out of the two, I'd think that adding the zapping system with extra content and an Ada campaign is more realistic than RE3 getting fixed the we want it. I just hope it's not another worthless multiplayer game that sucks resources out of a more traditional RE game, unless it's Outbreak.

Crankafoo

Dec 3, 2018
Canada
I'd love to see the classic RE games ported to new consoles, but my real wish is for a physical collection on a single cart/disc. Having 1, 2, 3, and maybe CV in my collection physically would be great without worrying about buying a second hand copies that are 20+ years old.

I was perusing the PS store on my PS3 last night and was super tempted when I saw RE2 for $5.99, but I passed as I don't wanna collect digital, especially on a system that itself is nearly 15 years old. So if any of this were to take shape, I'd certainly be a happy camper.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
So all the possibilities for Thursday are

RE8 gameplay reveal this is main event obviously
Re8/Game-multiplayer reveal
RE revelation 3 reveal
RE 7 PS5 VR update
RE 7,2,3 next gen upgrades,editions or patches etc
RE classic trilogy on New gen consoles
RE movie teaser
RE tv show teaser
RE 4 remake announcement.
New merchandise

Could you imagine if the whole show actually went like this haha I'd be one extremely happy RE fan

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So, I voted "No"...but that's just so I don't get my hopes up. 😀

I've been playing the PS4 port of REMake the last couple days, and I had a fun thought. REMake is already so good (New areas, Puzzles, Mechanics), however I would LOVE it if they gave it the full RE2 Remake-over. Meaning they go over-the-shoulder 3rd person cam, fully rendered environments, and all that jazz.

Anyone else besides me that would be down for a second remake of original RE using the new RE Engine?

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
So all the possibilities for Thursday are

RE8 gameplay reveal this is main event obviously
Re8/Game-multiplayer reveal
RE revelation 3 reveal
RE 7 PS5 VR update
RE 7,2,3 next gen upgrades,editions or patches etc
RE classic trilogy on New gen consoles
RE movie teaser
RE tv show teaser
RE 4 remake announcement.
New merchandise

Could you imagine if the whole show actually went like this haha I'd be one extremely happy RE fan

RE4 remake? not a chance

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
That game is years away even going by Capcom internals. For the better since it needs a lot of unique assets.

yes but they announced RE2 was getting a remake years before it actually released too the "we do it" video

I suspect village has a lot of assets that will cover RE4 too look at the layout of village in the trailer at the end it looks almost the same as RE4 just with snow

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Kinda hope we see RE7 with a new coat of paint today in their tease. Really really want patches for RE7-RE2R-and I guess RE3R. Beautiful games, would to see them updated for next gen

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
yes but they announced RE2 was getting a remake years before it actually released too the "we do it" video

And that was exception to the rule. For few years now Capcom always announces new games within few months of their release date. That way what you see in trailers is what you get in the final game few months later.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
They updated DMCV, so they can still do some DLC for RE2 at the very least, since that had lots of content already cut and wouldn't need as much of a reworking as RE3R would. Out of the two, I'd think that adding the zapping system with extra content and an Ada campaign is more realistic than RE3 getting fixed the we want it. I just hope it's not another worthless multiplayer game that sucks resources out of a more traditional RE game, unless it's Outbreak.

DMC5:SE wasn't that extensive an update and was most likely the extra content was being worked on since vanilla released since a SE release has become a tradition of the series and came out a year after the original release. It's been 2 years since RE2R and there's no indication that they are working on more content, much less a new full campaign. Not happening

Last edited:

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Why? 7 Chris looks like an entirely different character. 8's actually looks like Chris, albeit older.
I don't think 8's looks like Chris either.
zsgA2iT5uMrtFKEZzoBoPY.jpg

Just looks weird to me. And they brought back the awful RE6/Vendetta haircut.

NotAHero___2.0.jpg

This is absolutely way better to me. He doesn't look like his REmake design, but I think it's looks close enough, while being more realistic and toning down the muscles.

I know people hate 7's, but I think it's way better than 8's.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I don't the 8's looks like Chris either.
zsgA2iT5uMrtFKEZzoBoPY.jpg

Just looks weird to me. And they brought back the awful RE6/Vendetta haircut.

NotAHero___2.0.jpg

This is absolutely way better to me. He doesn't look like his REmake design, but I think it's looks close enough, while being more realistic and toning down the muscles.

I know people hate 7's, but I think it's way better than 8's.
You are literally the first person in 4 years that I see liking RE7 Chris lmao.

Guess there's a fan for eveything.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think 7's design is fine in isolation, but overall the problem always was that they spent like 10 years defining Chris and his look as a big muscled dude so it was too jarring to go to a model that was not built like shit brick house but also looked not even remotely like any of his older looks. I would have been fine if they continued with the 7 model, but I get why it stuck out so much for others. Chris and Leon are the only characters in the canon that's had a really consistent look (Leon from the beginning in RE2 and Chris in RE5 onward).

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
So I'm not saying I am a "fan" of RE7 Chris... but I never really got the huge uproar. IMO I thought he looked like a photogrammetry vision of REmake Chris and somewhat Code Veronica. I was 100% in the "WTF?" club when he first appeared, even thought that it really might have been an imposter, but i thought he looked fine. I like his new design, but having Jeff Schine voice him so recent after doing Carlos will be a little weird lol.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
So I'm not saying I am a "fan" of RE7 Chris... but I never really got the huge uproar. IMO I thought he looked like a photogrammetry vision of REmake Chris and somewhat Code Veronica. I was 100% in the "WTF?" club when he first appeared, even thought that it really might have been an imposter, but i thought he looked fine. I like his new design, but having Jeff Schine voice him so recent after doing Carlos will be a little weird lol.

I kinda hope its a running gag, and that (if they ever show up again) Billy Coen, Steve Burnside, Barry Burton, et al are all voiced by Jeff Schine. No real reason, just that the thought amuses me.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I kinda hope its a running gag, and that (if they ever show up again) Billy Coen, Steve Burnside, Barry Burton, et al are all voiced by Jeff Schine. No real reason, just that the thought amuses me.
😂😂😂😂😂 "Jeff! We got another one for ya!" Hey he did a great job with Carlos, zero doubt he will do it with Chris as well, but a tad bit soon 😂

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
You are literally the first person in 4 years that I see liking RE7 Chris lmao.

Guess there's a fan for eveything.
I swear its a cycle - every time Chris gets redesigned (and it happens frightfully often) you always see people complain how he looks completely different and worse to his last design and then when he gets redesigned again, the cycle starts anew. For me, I'm not a fan of his post 6 design. I liked his look, loved his VA and the fact they went and changed him (again) annoyed me. I'll wait and see how he's handled in 8 before really drawing a conclusion though. I dread to think what happens when/if Capcom bring Wesker back (either in a remake, or a new game) and change him. I imagine myself and quite a few others will be pissed off if they recast his VA.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I like to think that Re7's Chris was Ethan's illusion. After spending so much time around monsters and mutants, he suddenly sees another human being coming to save him. This handsome angelical man is there for him.

Some time later Ethan came back to his senses and sees Chris' as how he really is.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Yeah, I remember playing RE7 demo for hours trying to find secret stuff, like in PT.
What a waste of time that was 😅

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Yeah, I remember playing RE7 demo for hours trying to find secret stuff, like in PT.
What a waste of time that was 😅

yeah I was kinda pissed too that it was part of the main game it kinda took away from the opening of the game after exploring that guest house millions of times and encountering the molded in the demo if I'd have known that I would have never played it

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Faith still strong over here. Will be watching tomorrow. Let's goooooo!

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I thought people knew Jawmuncher threads well enough by now!

See's something on Twitter - "IS THIS A SIGN"

No, no it isn't.