• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 24624

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After looking at Capcom's most recent financial presentation they listed Dead Rising as one of the company's "superior proprietary content" along with Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, and Dragon's Dogma. Altogether the Dead Rising franchise has sold 13 million copies. I know the presentation has been talked about already in it's own thread, but I felt it was worth bringing this up, because a lot of fans had the mindset that Dead Rising 4 killed the series (a worry I've had myself). This in no way confirms a Dead Rising 5, but that Capcom still finds value in the series. Hopefully we'll see an installment in the future that has the same quality of the earlier titles.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I have no doubt the series will continue, it's just that it's a transition time for it because Capcom didn't want to outsource any more games to developers and wants to develop everything in-house, iirc.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they get back to something like 1 or 2 instead of super cheesy kill fests like 3 and 4 they can fix the brand

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I feel like a crazy person when I hear the reactions I get whenever I say this but Dead Rising 4 was a blast in its own right. If they could manage to bring back the in-depth environmental interaction, psychos and abundance of combat moves from Dead Rising but carry everything else from Dead Rising 4 over, it'd be the best in the franchise.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Would be interesting to see how one of their Japan studios handles it if they end up making a fifth. I wasn't a massive fan of the stuff they added in the later entries outside of the coop and crafted weapons.

I feel like a crazy person when I hear the reactions I get whenever I say this but Dead Rising 4 was a blast in its own right. If they could manage to bring back the in-depth environmental interaction, psychos and abundance of combat moves from Dead Rising but carry everything else from Dead Rising 4 over, it'd be the best in the franchise.

The fact they categorized weapons so strictly in 4 killed it for me. Not being able to throw tables and chairs and shit into crowds was a massive step down compared to previous entries. They should've scrapped the entire weapon category system honestly.

Oct 27, 2017
While I wasn't a fan of any Dead Rising after the first, I'm still surprised Capcom Vancouver was closed down after how well the Dead Rising series sold (with the exception of 4).

I definitely think we will see Dead Rising 5 soon enough (next-gen launch window title?), so it'll be interesting to see how Capcom Japan goes back to making them after being away from the series for over a decade.

When they do bring it back, I hope they reboot the story and start it anew, because wow, was the story in 4 awful.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
5qNtIbN.png

please

just give us a new game in the vein of 1 and 2 and i'll be content

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bet they made this claim after seeing how well Days Gone and World War Z have been doing

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Well duh, it's an open world zombie game. Look how well Days Gone is doing even after the critics and this forum tried to tear it down.

Dead Rising as a concept is eternal, but it's one of those series that you can't really force into being anything other than what it is, which was the issue they had with 3 and certainly 4. Zombie games need a big hook in order to stand out from the pack, and the later sequels moving away from all the stuff that made the series unique was not the way to do it.

The question, then, is how they go forward. I absolutely want them to go back to a more intimate setting with more finely crafted level design and bring back the level of interactivity that the first two games had, and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way.

Oct 27, 2017
They need to go back to what made the originals great. Bring back the timers, bring back the "shooping" gameplay, bring back the psychopath boss battles, have smaller but more detailed map.

Just take Dead Rising 1 and update it.

rarewolf

Feb 7, 2019
As much as I enjoyed Dead Rising 4 (I think it's criminally panned), I'll never forgive the series for killing Puzzle Fighter iOS--the greatest single mobile game I've ever played. May it be remembered fondly.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24624

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They need to go back to what made the originals great. Bring back the timers, bring back the "shooping" gameplay, bring back the psychopath boss battles, have smaller but more detailed map.

Just take Dead Rising 1 and update it.
I'd personally love to see Dead Rising 1 remade with the RE engine. Frank's original voice/motion capture actor expressed he'd love to see something like that happen . He has no decision in if that'll happen or not, but he's recently stated in a podcast that he misses playing the character and would love to reprise the role (within the DR games). He did eventually come back to voice Frank in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd personally love to see Dead Rising 1 remade with the RE engine. Frank's original voice/motion capture actor expressed he'd love to see something like that happen . He has no decision in if that'll happen or not, but he's recently stated in a podcast that he misses playing the character and would love to reprise the role (within the DR games). He did eventually come back to voice Frank in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite.
I would be down.

The inmates in current gen graphics could be really scary.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just want...

• Real time campaign back (like DR1 & DR2)
  • Combo weapons more akin to DR2
  • Cooperative play
  • Smaller, more focused map (Like DR1 & DR2)
Get away from 3 & 4 and the direction they were headed with the gameplay.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
While I still doubt we see a DR anytime soon, I do think it'll come back some day.
Like most say, it's a perfect example of a series that just needs to go back to roots more than anything else.

Have a Dead Rising 1 style game set in an amusement park with coop, psychopaths, and the suspected QoL improvements and you'd be golden.

You basically want to find a balance of DR1 - 3 and make the game based around a timer, but have a no timer mode for casual play. Just make it to where you miss out on some achievements if you try to do it all in unlimited time.

I think a big thing would be less vehicles. Make them like DR1/2 where they were a nice thing to have but not a necessity like 3 and 4.

While I still doubt we see a DR anytime soon, I do think it'll come back some day.
Like most say, it's a perfect example of a series that just needs to go back to roots more than anything else.

Have a Dead Rising 1 style game set in an amusement park with coop, psychopaths, and the suspected QoL improvements and you'd be golden.

You basically want to find a balance of DR1 - 3 and make the game based around a timer, but have a no timer mode for casual play. Just make it to where you miss out on some achievements if you try to do it all in unlimited time.

I think a big thing would be less vehicles. Make them like DR1/2 where they were a nice thing to have but not a necessity like 3 and 4.
An amusement park would be about as big as I would want it to be, really. Fortune City felt big enough already, so making use of a space like that and incorporating more vertical elements like rides and an underground area that you could use for risky shortcuts would be rather optimal.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
DR4 is criminally underrated. Its a huge step up from 3 (though not nearly reaching the heights of 1/2).

I hope a DR5 comes out, builds upon dr4, and adds back the proper psychos, a timer mode for those who would like it (cause I dont), make it more interactive, and maybe shrink the map just a tiny bit. That would be the perfect dr game for me.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
DR 2 is one of the best co-op experiences ever. I'd kill to have another game like that