• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
As you're training to become a World Warrior in #SFVCE, learn the terms too! Street talk like a pro in #StreetFighter Word on the Street Episode #1 and get to know useful terms like blocking, dashing, throws and more.

Episode 1 :

Episode 2 :

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

This honestly seems like a pretty informative video for those not in the loop regarding fighting game tech & terminology. I'll add future episodes to this thread as they premiere.

Source: Street Fighter (YouTube)

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Part of me says, "WAY TOO LATE!"

But with CE hitting all the right buttons in terms of balance and gameplay, the other part of me says, "RIGHT ON TIME!"

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Seems like a good idea. There's a big learning curve to overcome in the fighting genre. It can be intimidating.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The "STREET" logo was what stuck out to me in the thumbnail. It's completely unique.

maxresdefault-21.jpeg

It looks close to Alpha's logo, but it's not exactly it.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sorry :(

www.resetera.com

Capcom starts a new Street Fighter-centric YouTube series "Word on the Street", detailing the basics of the game [Episode 5 Out Now]

As you're training to become a World Warrior in #SFVCE, learn the terms too! Street talk like a pro in #StreetFighter Word on the Street Episode #1 and get to know useful terms like blocking, dashing, throws and more. Episode 1 : Episode 2 :
Damn, everyone jump ship to that thread. I already sent a report to fuse this with the other one.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
This is cool, GBFV also has a wiki for fighting games terminology too. Nice to see them making effort into trying to introduce more people to competitive fighting games.

Oct 25, 2017
"fighting games should have better tutorials!" - 20 page thread about how fighting games have failed us all

"here is some good, easy to understand introductory material about a fighting game" - crickets