• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I love it, reminds me of Alan Wake.

tg2qukfwoap51.jpg

And Chris looks awesome
zhdph2gq1bp51.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan still looks like such a nobody.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we never get to see Ethan's face. Even in future installments his face is always obscured, out of frame, or hidden in shadow even in broad daylight.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for the twist that Ethan is actually a Wesker or something. The fact they don't even show his face is very suspicious. 🤔

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Why are they all in shadows? Not much of a reveal when you can't really see the designs lol

I don't like their jackets that much, and yeah, Ethan is still so anonymous (in a boring way)

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So glad Resident Evil is back to practical, non-action hero designs!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh right that guy.

Frankly I forget he even has a name half the time, there are silent protagonist more interesting then him.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
To have a boring uninteresting character that the player has zero emotional investment in? Cause if that's the goal then cool I guess.
It's called an audience surrogate. And it's better then the garbage trash anime characters they turned Chris and Leon into.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
To have a boring uninteresting character that the player has zero emotional investment in? Cause if that's the goal then cool I guess.

He's meant to be just a vessel for the character to insert themselves into. Was one of the design decisions when going first person.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Laughing at people who don't get the point that Ethan is supposed to be boring and the "everyman", and that the whole point is that an ordinary person against the odds is infinitely more interesting than most Resident Evil superheroes.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I reallllllly hope they kill/capture Ethan in the first hour of the game and we can play as Mia. The character who has... ya know... depth and character to her

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
OP, now that you mention Alan Wake... It reminded me of a thread a few months (years?) ago that questioned the use of a jacket over a hoodie. 😅

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The way Ethan has everyone bothered while also serving Plank from Ed, Edd n Eddy... not many people can do that.