• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
So if I've got it right, Capcom were originally working on RE8, Village and Revelations 3.

RE8 was taking a while in development and Village was shaping up really well, so it got 'upgraded' to being RE8.

Do we know what happened to the original RE8 project? Has it just become RE9 now? Makes me wonder if we won't have to wait too long between 8 and 9 if it's been in development for so long.
RE9 will still be a long ways off. It will come out after whatever Itsuno started working on comes out.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that's it, people just want to experience games in the best way possible and the Switch at this point is showing its age. I played through Bowser's Fury at the weekend and it's a great game but on a 4K screen the image quality can look a bit rough. Hopefully by the time this game comes out the Switch Pro will be out anyway and this will all be a non-issue.

If people want to experience games in the "best way possible", what are they even doing arguing for a playstation version? They should be demanding exclusively targeting £1500+ PC setups by default, or they're already not being honest in their argument.

Personally, I value docking giving a handheld and TV form factor over absolutely anything the current Sony or MS platforms bring to the table.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Only here will you be called a "Sony fanboy" for wanting new games on new hardware that isn't effectively two generations out of date. Good lord. It has nothing to do with console manufacturers, and everything to do with the strengths of the system.

Same thing can be said for people wanting to play games in portable and it's labeled like port begging.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I don't really care what kind of RE game you release Capcom, but please, for the love of god, give me a new Raid mode.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Only here will you be called a "Sony fanboy" for wanting new games on new hardware that isn't effectively two generations out of date. Good lord. It has nothing to do with console manufacturers, and everything to do with the strengths of the system.
You're indeed getting this game on "new hardware that isn't effectively two generations out of date" though.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Makes sense if its releasing on Switch first, more powerful consoles get Village and Switch gets this.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Seeing what Capcom accomplished with Revelations 3DS and now Monster Hunter Rise, I'm personally not worried at all about how a Switch-developed RE turns out. All 7 RE ports have performance issues, but that's clearly due to lack of optimization rather than the Switch being unfit to handle those games.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they can bump up Outrages graphics beyond just making it 4k60 on pc/xsx/ps5. Especially the load times will be bad on switch.

Switch being the target hardware is not great.

Maybe we'll get a 120fps mode or something. But the RE eninge is great. So there's hope.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they can bump up Outrages graphics beyond just making it 4k60 on pc/xsx/ps5. Especially the load times will be bad on switch.

Maybe we'll get a 120fps mode or something. But the RE eninge is great. So there's hope.

Tell us more about the RE Outrage loadtimes on Switch.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I've never really gotten the Rebecca love, so I am way more interested to find out who the other two protagonists are in this game

Jun 29, 2020
Neverland
giphy.gif
i'm sorry but

this is awesome

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018

The thing is, MH Rise which runs on RE Engine has really fast/quick loading times. Much faster than World. It's actually impressive.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get upset. The loadtimes will be fine for switch but not comparable to a native xsx/ps5 version.

Bad in contrast to a beefed up ssd.
Maybe wait till we see anything from the game ? Talking about bad loadtime for a game that hasnt even been announced is weird. MH Rise has likely much bigger areal than this RE game with more going on and it has great loading times. Doubt a RE game that is developed with Switch specs in minds would be much worse off. You would have a point if this was a late low effort port developed for PS4/XboxOne maybe.

In general calling everything that isnt PS5/XSX level bad doesnt make much sense.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Don't get upset. The loadtimes will be fine for switch but not comparable to a native xsx/ps5 version.

Bad in contrast to a beefed up ssd.
Who's getting upset? You have no idea what the load times will be like for this unannounced game and if MH Rise is anything to go by, they'll be pretty short.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Idea: Rebecca Zero teams up with Rebecca One

Rebecca Zero gets grenade launcher, magnum and shotgun
Rebebba One gets a pistol and 15 bullets

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, MH Rise which runs on RE Engine has really fast/quick loading times. Much faster than World. It's actually impressive.

Absolutely. The advantage to develop for one system first.

But i'm sure it would load even better with a ssd.

We'll see after its release.

30fps alone would be enough for me to wait months for a different version.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Absolutely. The advantage to develop for one system first.

But i'm sure it would load even better with a ssd.

We'll see after its release.

30fps alone would be enough for me to wait months for a different version.
I would assume that the version on the consoles with SSDs will benefit from said SSDs and load faster.

Is there any reason to believe otherwise?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder who the other characters will be other than Rebecca? Outrage sounds like some kind of outbreak and she works as doctor now as far as I remember. Maybe the game takes place in a treatment center? If that is the case I can either see it having BSA or some patient/co worker.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this news? We knew the release window already thanks to the leak.

Jill is also a nobody. No canon appearances in the timeline since 2009. Her most recent game (a remake of an older game) regarded as a disappointment.

Rebecca was at least in Vendetta.

You're stretching the definition of nobody. Jill is the third most prominent character in the series, and was the face of the franchise until 4. She's literally the protagonist of the most recent game.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Think someone already brought this up. I wonder if Dusk was crossed with Alex Wesker/Daniel Fabron appearing in Village, but really it is Outrage/REV3 🤔

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
So wait both this and village are offshoot of Revelations 3 ?

What actually happened to RE8 to to be future RE9 ?

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this takes advantage of the switch pro. Maybe unpopular opinion but I'd be okay with it being a Switch Pro exclusive so we get the best looking handheld RE possible.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So they just put it in ice for a few years?

It seems as if we just don't know about what this project is or what it's going to be turned into. It seems Dusk's info on these projects were pretty off based on what he said, so at this point, it's best to just not worry about it.

So wait both this and village are offshoot of Revelations 3 ?

What actually happened to RE8 to to be future RE9 ?

No, that's not what happened, at least according to Dusk. Read the threadmark, it's all explained there. Dusk was wrong about the Rev3/RE8 relationship. And as far as this original RE8, as stated, we don't know what happened to it or what that project is or will be.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Any chance this could be a Switch 2 or Switch Pro exclusive?

There's no indication that a Switch 2 is going to happen soon, so since this is slated to come out soon if this time table is accurate, it's doubtful there. Switch Pro or whatever that'll be is possible since we did see some companies make New 3DS-exclusives, but I kind of doubt Capcom would want to limit the game's reach that much tbh.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There's no indication that a Switch 2 is going to happen soon, so since this is slated to come out soon if this time table is accurate, it's doubtful there.

Almost every single home console that Nintendo has released has lasted between 5-6 years before the next system came out. The only exceptions are the WiiU->Switch gap which was just under 4.5 years and NES->SNES which was a little over 7 years. A year after RE:Village and the Switch would already be over 5 years old.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People praised how amazing and next gen Demon's Souls looked for PS5 and that game was built and designed for PS3 hardware. There is no reason why a game built for Switch first can't be drastically visually upgraded for PC/PS5/XSX. Some of you in this thread are ridiculous.

People praised how amazing and next gen Demon's Souls looked for PS5 and that game was built and designed for PS3 hardware. There is no reason why a game built for Switch first can't be drastically visually upgraded for PC/PS5/XSX. Some of you in this thread are ridiculous.
I really wouldn't expect anything that crazy big a jump, just because Capcom's resources are finite and are already being stretched with the recent news of them taking RE4make internally. It will look very good on all platforms no doubt, but don't expect anything industry-defining.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

I get what you're saying although that's an extreme example lol Demon's Souls was a remake with years of dev time and budget behind it. Capcom isn't going to do that for Outrage when it releases on PC/PS5/XSX. That said, I'm sure it will look and run just fine.

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Makes sense if its releasing on Switch first, more powerful consoles get Village and Switch gets this.
Regardless of the series I've never been a fan of this sort of scattershot approach. It basically forces the most devoted fans of a series to buy multiple consoles they don't want in order to experience the whole series IP. Capcom is a big enough publisher with a large enough budget to release games across every platform that they can simultaneously.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wouldn't expect anything that crazy big a jump, just because Capcom's resources are finite and are already being stretched with the recent news of them taking RE4make internally. It will look very good on all platforms no doubt, but don't expect anything industry-defining.
I get what you're saying although that's an extreme example lol Demon's Souls was a remake with years of dev time and budget behind it. Capcom isn't going to do that for Outrage when it releases on PC/PS5/XSX. That said, I'm sure it will look and run just fine.
Whether or not Capcom puts in the work to make the "next gen" version shine is on Capcom, not the Switch holding the game back.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The difference between the two is big.

Demon's Souls is a remake. A potential Outrage port will be just that, a port.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Almost every single home console that Nintendo has released has lasted between 5-6 years before the next system came out. The only exceptions are the WiiU->Switch gap which was just under 4.5 years and NES->SNES which was a little over 7 years. A year after RE:Village and the Switch would already be over 5 years old.

Nintendo has said before that the Switch will probably have a longer lifespan than previous systems, I believe, and Switch is still selling very well. I guess it's possible, though, but I really don't expect a full on successor until at least 2023. Especially if this Switch Pro or whatever is a real thing, that will probably be something that will fill the gap for at least another year.