• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
On visual talk, this is me spitballing, but I suspect graphically it'll look either around or better than RE5 (though a weird comparison since RE Engine & MT Framework had different "looks", but I hope you get what I mean). The RE Engine base version's issues with Switch I've heard has a lot to do with the Switch needing to switch rapidly between two resolutions for docked/handheld, and just some specific features it has some issues with.

So if you're fine with a game around and a bit above RE5 level graphically, but with some of RE Engines strengths, I think most won't be too bothered. This is me spitballing a bit (I haven't seen the game in motion or anything), but I think it'll be a pretty good looking game. I'd even bank that they want it to be one of the nicest looking Switch games.

I imagine they'd also have more freedom with environments and whatnot given how much better the Switch's I/O is. SD cards and 3.2GB of RAM vs the 360's DVDs and half a gig of RAM. Not sure about the RAM speed comparison.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Rebecca is kind of a nobody. I don't think I can get excited until I hear Jill is back or we get a sequel to revelations 2.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
On visual talk, this is me spitballing, but I suspect graphically it'll look either around or better than RE5 (though a weird comparison since RE Engine & MT Framework had different "looks", but I hope you get what I mean). The RE Engine base version's issues with Switch I've heard has a lot to do with the Switch needing to switch rapidly between two resolutions for docked/handheld, and just some specific features it has some issues with.

So if you're fine with a game around and a bit above RE5 level graphically, but with some of RE Engines strengths, I think most won't be too bothered. This is me spitballing a bit (I haven't seen the game in motion or anything), but I think it'll be a pretty good looking game. I'd even bank that they want it to be one of the nicest looking Switch games.
RE5? How can a 2021 switch game look no better than a gen 7 2009 game? Seems like the switch can do a little more than that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It'd be pretty disappointing if it didn't look better than PS3/360 games when the Switch is a more modern and significantly stronger piece of HW. Especially when MH Rise already looks significantly better than RE5
When Dusk talks about visual comparisons with RE5 I take that to mean he's speaking more to production values than system spec. We already know capability wise Switch runs circles around PS360, basically every RE game (plus other Capcom ports like Dragon's Dogma, Okami HD, etc) runs higher res and/or framerate on Switch than PS360 and some also use PC assets.

Oct 26, 2017
I never did get around to RERev2, maybe I should play it some day before I get around to this. With this, RE8, and RE4R on the horizon, there's plenty to enjoy

Although, seeing folk here complain about one of several RE games being a timed exclusive for Switch when the rest aren't even gonna be on it is something else. Those other games still exist, guys. It's okay. Your big boy games aren't going away

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Revelations 1 looked better than some PS3 games and it was a near-launch 3DS title. I have faith this will be one of the best looking Switch titles even after the Switch is done.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Hopefully Outrage sticks to the remake survival horror gameplay. If Capcom wants to use the action RE formula again, they should reboot Dino Crisis and give it to that series.

Oct 27, 2017
Revelations 1 looked better than some PS3 games and it was a near-launch 3DS title. I have faith this will be one of the best looking Switch titles even after the Switch is done.
To this day I still don't know how it was possible. I can't think of a single other game on any system that was so far ahead of everything else on the system, graphically. From any gen. What's crazier is that it wasn't even a game released late in the 3DS' lifetime IIRC

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
LMFAO

Sony fanboys swear to God.
Only here will you be called a "Sony fanboy" for wanting new games on new hardware that isn't effectively two generations out of date. Good lord. It has nothing to do with console manufacturers, and everything to do with the strengths of the system.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Rebecca is kind of a nobody. I don't think I can get excited until I hear Jill is back or we get a sequel to revelations 2.
Jill is also a nobody. No canon appearances in the timeline since 2009. Her most recent game (a remake of an older game) regarded as a disappointment.

Rebecca was at least in Vendetta.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom really turning RE into an annual franchise ..

With the consistent quality games the series had last gen compared to the series quality during 7th gen, honestly I don't mind it. Even RE3 remake, while lacking was still a fun to reply and honestly better than any RE game made during 7th gen (imo).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
when the game is revealed people will go "this is surely running on a pc/switch successor" much like they did Rise. because Switch can't possibly put out anything better than an up-rezzed 3DS game
Yeah totally gonna happen again. The cycle repeats. Imagine thinking that a RE game that been in development around a Plattform strengths wouldn't look good.

People are just too bothered about Switch as a Plattform being taken serious instead of being an afterthought.

Last edited:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought we'd see Rebecca in a video game again so I'm really glad to hear she'll be back.

tenor.gif

Hopefully Billy makes a return somehow, wonder how they'll explain his 20 year disappearance. Maybe he was too busy pulling a RE7 DLC and punching all the zombies as he found his way out if Arklay Forest.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I never thought we'd see Rebecca in a video game again so I'm really glad to hear she'll be back.

tenor.gif

Hopefully Billy makes a return somehow, wonder how they'll explain his 20 year disappearance. Maybe he was too busy pulling a RE7 DLC and punching all the zombies as he found his way out if Arklay Forest.

Don't think he's ever coming back. He was literally passing through during his escape and was eager to disappear. I'm surprised how many people ask about him, even Barry only appeared when he absolutely had to. Billy's got nothing tying him down.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
RE5 actually looks really good for it's age all things considered. The PS4/X1 versions could've easily passed as a launch title for either
Nah fam shit looks like doo doo on the switch and ps4 , outdated as fuck mate with that piss filter everywhere. Game had aged horribly visually re4 aged better

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I'm reminded of Mikami's thoughts on Rebecca

If I had to name the woman character I most disliked in my games, it would be Rebecca Chambers. She's submissive, she's not independent. I didn't want to include her but the staff wanted that kind of character in the game, for whatever reason. I'm sure it made sense to them. And in Japan, that character is pretty popular.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think he's ever coming back. He was literally passing through during his escape and was eager to disappear. I'm surprised how many people ask about him, even Barry only appeared when he absolutely had to. Billy's got nothing tying him down.

That is a good point, just feels unfortunate that even after so long he's never even been mentioned once even in a single letter or file in other games mentioning his fate or aftermath.

While far from the best RE character I still found him interesting.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I'm reminded of Mikami's thoughts on Rebecca

its been ages that I played 0 but I never felt she was submissive. She was a novice and thrown into this nightmare and made it through coming out stronger than before. A real proxy for the player and a classic Bildungs narrative

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE5? How can a 2021 switch game look no better than a gen 7 2009 game? Seems like the switch can do a little more than that.
RE5 looks better than Revelations 2 by quite a bit and RE6. I actually played all three yesterday.

If you think that on Gen 7 hardware it was 720p and struggles for 30FPS. Consider that it will hopefully be 1080p resolution with a solid frame rate and more modern graphical features.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
when the game is revealed people will go "this is surely running on a pc/switch successor" much like they did Rise. because Switch can't possibly put out anything better than an up-rezzed 3DS game
Yeah and it will probably be followed by people deciding that the game looks bad after all once they realize that it was indeed running on the system, probably as soon as someone breaks down the numbers.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is super awesome news - I really love portable Resi, and I love the Nintendo collaborations. I can not wait!

Wetflix

Mar 16, 2019
My friend's going to love this. He's been heavily invested in Switch lately because of Monster Hunter Rise and a portable AAA Resident Evil game with gyro aiming is going to be awesome.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Outrage is a bit of an off name but they might just be running out of names at this point lol.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Jill is also a nobody. No canon appearances in the timeline since 2009. Her most recent game (a remake of an older game) regarded as a disappointment.

Rebecca was at least in Vendetta.

Come on... Jill is pretty far from a nobody. I don't even agree Rebecca is either but she has only been in 2 major titles from what I'm aware so I can understand it (Yes I know she is in the latest CG film)

Even if RE3 Remake was "disappointing" Jill is a pretty damn good character in it IMO, maybe I'm missing something but I thought peoples issues with that game were more around the fact it was a smaller in scale shorter game than RE2 Remake.

I think it's all overblown anyway RE3 Remake much like the original RE3 is good.

On topic for this new game I think its great Rebecca is getting to be in a game again I never expected them to do that, feels like a lot of the original characters are stuck in the timeline games wise.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's an action RE game. After the Village demo I just don't think the horror style ones are for me, as I felt that was a demo of nothing happening as I was trying to get to the point where I 'play' the game, then it ended. I want something like RE4/5 with this new title.

Resident Evil: Village Is Heavily Inspired By RE4

"You'll notice we took a lot of inspiration from Resident Evil 4," Fabiano explained. "The team has put a ton of effort into creating a truly authentic feel. There are plenty of surprises to keep you on your toes; players will find a balance of combat, exploration, and puzzle solving."

The PS5 ''demo'' was more like visual showcase. There is proper demo version coming to all platforms before release of the game.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
its been ages that I played 0 but I never felt she was submissive. She was a novice and thrown into this nightmare and made it through coming out stronger than before. A real proxy for the player and a classic Bildungs narrative
That's on 0. In RE1/REmake she's the cute girl that needs rescue all the time. Which makes no sense after the stuff she went through in 0 which takes place only A DAY before RE1.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah totally gonna happen again. The cycle repeats. Imagine thinking that a RE game that been in development around a Plattform strengths wouldn't look good.

People are just too bothered about Switch as a Plattform being taken serious instead of being an afterthought.
I don't think that's it, people just want to experience games in the best way possible and the Switch at this point is showing its age. I played through Bowser's Fury at the weekend and it's a great game but on a 4K screen the image quality can look a bit rough. Hopefully by the time this game comes out the Switch Pro will be out anyway and this will all be a non-issue.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Outrage is a really awful title, damn.

Anyway, I will take RE Anything, any day of the year.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
So if I've got it right, Capcom were originally working on RE8, Village and Revelations 3.

RE8 was taking a while in development and Village was shaping up really well, so it got 'upgraded' to being RE8.

Do we know what happened to the original RE8 project? Has it just become RE9 now? Makes me wonder if we won't have to wait too long between 8 and 9 if it's been in development for so long.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that's it, people just want to experience games in the best way possible and the Switch at this point is showing its age. I played through Bowser's Fury at the weekend and it's a great game but on a 4K screen the image quality can look a bit rough. Hopefully by the time this game comes out the Switch Pro will be out anyway and this will all be a non-issue.
We havent see the game yet, maybe just wait for that before going on about the worst case scenario. I doubt its in Capcom or Nintendos interest to provide a bad looking RE title...same way i doubt Capcom would have the game on Switch if they thought it couldnt deliver on whatever they have in mind for the game.