• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Much better than Chun's. Love it.

Copypasted from the central SF6 thread: I thought this didn't really fit him at first, but the more I listen to it, the more I think it does. To me Ryu has always been this super serious, kinda boring "the fight is everything" guy. But after Kage's story in SFV I believe they're trying to turn him into a chill, lone wanderer just looking for a good fight. This theme sort of confirms it for me.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I like it a lot. The part 2 mins in is straight fire. Having said that, I'm not sure if it suits Ryu lol

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I like that they're giving new themes to the older characters. Break from tradition! Do something new! It's all good.

. . . also gives Capcom the chance to add the classic tunes back in when they inevitably do Super Street Fighter 6 Turbo or whatever. :p

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not feeling it. The sf6 sound track definitely has a vibe though. I like the older sf music so so so much more than this. For as much shit I gave sf5, that games soundtrack was my jam.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I like this new remix to be honest, something new that evolves with the character.

And for people not liking this well they can always add more music later~

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
They're killing it with these. Just yesterday I had Chun-Li's theme stuck in my head and I've only listened to it twice.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad they're not just remixing the same boring ass SF2 tracks again and I'm enjoying the people who are apparently unable to appreciate this series trying something new for once.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Not feeling this at all. It doesn't even have small elements of his classic theme. Too bad. The music is good, but it's not Ryu.

Oafkit

Jun 9, 2019
It's been like 15-20 years since SF2 in-universe, all the new themes should have their own vibes and I've liked all three so far.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Quite a difference, but this is so good.

I saw online Ryu has overcome the satsui no hado, and he has Gouken's cloak, so is Ryu like a master now? His new theme fits that very well.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I love it. Not quite what I hear in my head when I picture the stoic Ryu, but a super-fun theme nonetheless.

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
Maybe just me, but definitely gives me the same vibes I had when I used to play Capcom VS SNK 2 EO. Some of the tracks in that game had a very similar vibe and I'm here for it!

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Ryu is just vibing now

he's gottten over all that evil shit and is content with wandering, meeting friends, and getting stronger

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
This fucking rocks. Fits ascended Ryu well.

edit: I just realized that brand new songs mean that Juri is going to finally have a half decent theme. Holy shit!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
ryu-fortnite.gif

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I like it, same with Guile's (or what I assume is Guile's from his trailer) but I think I'd really like hip hop styled remixes of their classic themes. I guess we'll get classic themes (hopefully classic theme remixes) as DLC or something.

Like, so far the music in SF6 sounds great, top tier stuff, but I also kinda really want these classic themes but in a hip hop or funk style. I guess I just want both. Also, if everyone is getting new themes then I won't be getting RA-SHI-DOOOOOO

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
man i am not vibing with the sf6 char songs so far
they all got this menu music feel to em rather than a fight feel irrespective of their quality as a track

but it's cool they're goin for something different too so i can't fully hate on it, just not my thing