• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
As I said in the OP, my bet is on some sort of MP title. They don't usually have feedback tests like this for SP fare (there was none for RE2 and it was minimal for RE7). So I'd temper expectations of this being related to the next big title.
Unless perhaps they're showing off RE3make with a multiplayer mode.
Less Umbrella Corps, more Outbreak then pls.

But also wanting RE veterans for a MP game which isn't really their wheel house.. idk.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Biohazard: Battle Royale

40 players dropped into Raccoon City and have to survive zombies, Tyrants and each other.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Didnt' Dusk Golem say that REmake3 wasn't going to be like REmake2? I'm guessing it's going to be a slight departure from what we are expecting.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, Outbreak could be an insane success for Capcom in the present market. Hoping it's that, awaiting the arrival of next gen consoles.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would buy the fuck out of a new Outbreak RE game that played like RE2-R.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I would buy the fuck out of a new Outbreak RE game that played like RE2-R.

Same.

I'll admit, though, that I'm of two minds of what I would want "next" from another Outbreak. On one hand, it'd be nice to finish the story for the original Outbreak crew. But on the other hand, nothing says you can't pretty much revamp the concept of "having a bunch of strangers trapped in a new location for a BOW-related disaster and they must work together in order to survive!", complete with a new batch of characters (maybe 1-3 returning characters from the first Outbreak games). Then just begin anew. Between REmake2 already have been a thing, and R3make coming soon as well, I'd be all for another game that doesn't necessarily have to take place in Raccoon City and its surrounding environs as a backdrop again!

The email was sent to Japanese players. Considering it is the Biohazard Ambassador program, we can safely conclude it is a new Resident Evil game. Now the burning question. Resident Evil 3 Remake or Resident Evil 8? Place your bets.

pHvTlfu.png

The play test is scheduled for September 8th/9th and seeks players who have played the Biohazard games.

Source: TheNerdMag

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully RE8. Make it three times as long as 7, with more puzzles and exploration.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Already a thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...to-test-game-currently-in-development.132473/

Plus this thread / the source used doesn't report on it quite right, as the e-mail doesn't say it's a Resident Evil game.

I mean it probably is, but it doesn't say that.

Part of me has been thinking about this not being RE. With the RE Ambassador program being the only sort of membership thing they have. If the game is something that would appeal to the RE fanbase (which is quite broad considering the numerous styles between 0-7 & Spinoffs).
I could definitely see them using that pool as the testers. Since it might be a case of, that's who they expect to sell to anyway.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CHOOSE YOUR FATE

RE8
REmake3
REV 3
Outbreak #3
Pachinko Gun Survivor 5

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 3, Revelations 3, and Outbreak #3

Solo classic remake, linear co-op action installment, and team-based multiplayer survival

Later this year, all announced at once...complete with the corniest gimmick possible: "Th3 Y3ar of 3vil"

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Capcom say in their earnings press release that there're no big games coming outside of Monster Hunter: Iceborn?

Even if this is a playtest for RE8/REMAKE3/REV3 i wouldn't expect an announcement soon. Capcom loves the first quarter for their big releases so i wouldn't be shocked to hear more about this game at E3 2020.

I personally think this is either REV3 or Remake3 with a releasewindow in early 2021. The next game would be RE3, again in first-person, in 2022/2023 fully playable in VR with sonys new PSVR2 headset.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Didn't Capcom say in their earnings press release that there're no big games coming outside of Monster Hunter: Iceborn?

Even if this is a playtest for RE8/REMAKE3/REV3 i wouldn't expect an announcement soon. Capcom loves the first quarter for their big releases so i wouldn't be shocked to hear more about this game at E3 2020.

I personally think this is either REV3 or Remake3 with a releasewindow in early 2021. The next game would be RE3, again in first-person, in 2022/2023 fully playable in VR with sonys new PSVR2 headset.

Typically capcom likes to announce about 9 months out from release. In this case it likely would be something like Umbrella Corps (which was also revealed at TGS) and is being planned for summer.

I'm pretty confident it isn't RE3 and it likely something MP related. Thinking back to ORC and UC, those are the only times I can really think of where they wanted actual feedback.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Typically capcom likes to announce about 9 months out from release. In this case it likely would be something like Umbrella Corps (which was also revealed at TGS) and is being planned for summer.

I'm pretty confident it isn't RE3 and it likely something MP related. Thinking back to ORC and UC, those are the only times I can really think of where they wanted actual feedback.

This game being a mp-game and not that big (capcom said as much in their last earnings report) i don't have high hopes for it.

Maybe we're lucky and it's a standalone mercenaries mode with RE2 Remake assets (+new ones).

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This game being a mp-game and not that big (capcom said as much in their last earnings report) i don't have high hopes for it.

Maybe we're lucky and it's a standalone mercenaries mode with RE2 Remake assets (+new ones).
Thats my hope. I don't think fans will care about reused RE2 assets if the MP is there. The gameplay is already good and would only need a few tweaks to fit into the Mercs formula.

Nov 8, 2017
Re7 released 2.6 years ago, so it wouldn't be out of the question that they're nearing the home stretch on RE8. Something like a q2 2020 release.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Will be a PSVR2 showcase i'm sure. But sony won't show the headset this year according to rumors. Maybe we'll hear about it in 2020 with a release of the hardware in 2021. I wouldn't count on a RE8 release before PSVR2 is launching.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Re 8 3rd person, 3rd person VR option,
Jake, Full on survival horror action, RE 6 combat and mercenary campaign style, REengine. Full game ala KH3.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Residen Evil: Outbreak

It's a reboot into a phone gacha card game where you roll for resident evil characters, lol.