• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
So there's nothing about next gen updates of RE2/3 Remake in there?
That was one my biggest bummers seeing these leaks, but as someone pointed out they could just patch them. However, I just want to see them graphically updated, and I have no thought that they would actually ever add anything to the games from here on out. Mostly just want to see RE2R on current gen hardware 🤤🤤🤤

StarBot

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Can someone tell me about this supposed censorship that I keep hearing about by certain people that supposedly in the leak

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Can someone tell me about this supposed censorship that I keep hearing about by certain people that supposedly in the leak

Gamers complaining? Probably this:

Among the documentation includes a presentation on political correctness and advertising materials, and how to avoid drama and controversy. This includes avoiding the use of language that can be deemed as discriminatory or prejudice, and will result in new guidelines for each region's PR and advertising material creators.
This includes gender neutral cosmetic options, only featuring certain ethnicities or portraying them as unequal or stereotypical, and avoiding sexual or obscene language and jokes unless inevitable based on the context of a story or narrative.

Sexuality, LGBTQ, and women were also discussed. One slide features The Last of Us Part II and Shadow of the Tomb Raider as being positive examples of LGBTQ characters; and that such characters should be portrayed as appealing as male characters (and promoted in the same way). Capcom do note that certain regions view LGBTQ characters negatively.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's Princess Peach and Zelda were used as examples of negative stereotypes of women due to being damsels in distress. This is in spite of the image used for Zelda being from Breath of the Wild; where the character takes a more pro-active role.

The presentation also asks to defer to the localizers of different regions and vendors to make sure certain content is appropriate. Examples include Arab localization and content featuring pigs, the use of Happy Holidays over Merry Christmas, and numbers or expressions that may refer to the Nazi party.

The presentation recommends characters that appeal to a wide range of people, with male and female player characters being treated the same within a video game. Custom characters should be able to have any haircut or facial hair, and various body types.

Sex appeal, such as bikini costumes or lewd poses and costumes, should be equal between men and women, and serve a purpose in the context of the story. However, costumes cannot appeal to only one kind of user base, such as only one gender.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
People being babies because Capcom is thinking of being more considerate to LGBT+ audiences and them thinking how to be equal opportunistic fanservice rather than directed purely at one audience.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
So there's nothing about next gen updates of RE2/3 Remake in there?

Honestly, I'm kinda glad. Since both boxes have gone all-in on backwards compatibility, I'd say the need for an HD remaster's pretty thin.

Ninja'd but it's the usual twitter/forum bitchfest about how Cpacom's ruined for being POLITICAL and catering to the SJWs--remember seeing some posts about how an alternate costume for a Street Fighter character (which was essentially a one-piece swimsuit with stockings) was ruined and totally covering her up to pander to the left because the original design didn't have the stockings. And the Jill classic skirt/skort ranting.

StarBot

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Gamers complaining? Probably this:
People being babies because Capcom is thinking of being more considerate to LGBT+ audiences and them thinking how to be equal opportunistic fanservice rather than directed purely at one audience.

Ah so this is supposedly real then

I see a lot people on Twitter gloom and doom over this, even one person saying this is somehow "colonialism"

There is sadly some people are supporting and using the address that was leaked, as a way to dox some of folks, over this specifically, on a 4chan thread I was in

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Bit behind on the times it seems, but nice to see AA7 is in development. I really hope they are bold with this and can step up their writing game and overall plot/character development. 4-6 was a very uneven experience. Both character and larger plot development wise. I feel like they don't know what to do with Phoenix and he's run his course, but at the same time are too afraid to let him go as the star of the series and start with a new cast they can actually do new stuff with. Whatever they do they need to focus on a single attorney only and not divide up 5 cases between two, let alone three, of them.

I also wonder how the news of DGS1/2 being localized will affect the fan translation. Felt like announcement of a full release of DGS2 could come at any day, but maybe they'll feel obligated to kill the project to give way to the official release.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Bit behind on the times it seems, but nice to see AA7 is in development. I really hope they are bold with this and can step up their writing game and overall plot/character development. 4-6 was a very uneven experience. Both character and larger plot development wise. I feel like they don't know what to do with Phoenix and he's run his course, but at the same time are too afraid to let him go as the star of the series and start with a new cast they can actually do new stuff with. Whatever they do they need to focus on a single attorney only and not divide up 5 cases between two, let alone three, of them.

I also wonder how the news of DGS1/2 being localized will affect the fan translation. Felt like announcement of a full release of DGS2 could come at any day, but maybe they'll feel obligated to kill the project to give way to the official release.
I have faith. It is likely that Shu Takumi, the director of AA1-3, Ghost Trick, and DGS1-2 is returning to (w)right the ship

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have faith. It is likely that Shu Takumi, the director of AA1-3, Ghost Trick, and DGS1-2 is returning to (w)right the ship
That would be great, chances of them moving on from Phoenix or at least doing something interesting with him would a be a lot higher with Shu back at the helm. Hope Shu is back because he's passionate about some ideas and the series and not out of obligation and because Capcom doesn't trust anyone else.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
When it comes to Ace Attorney, I think the big thing is that it's indeed time for Phoenix to pass the torch. However, passing the torch to Apollo isn't the way to go.
I think Apollo isn't a bad character, but it's kind of obvious at this point that he's not well suited to taking over the series as the main character. I think another new character would be a better fit and all things considered, a better pass off (Even if phoenix is still around) would be the better call.

As someone who actually likes AA4, it did always feel like an odd game to use as a potential starting point for a new lead.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Apollo was a decent lead, but they definitely mismanaged and mangled him. AA4 wasn't perfect, but was fine enough, but they totally sidelined him and just screwed up his entire development over the course of AA5 and 6 with a lot of bizarre choices. AA6 also effectively ended his character arc. Sure there's a kind of loose string with his mother and Trucy, but leaving him to his practice in Khura'in feels like a natural and clean end to his story. It's just not worth trying to make him work again at this point given how messy things got. And Athena just sucks so no use there either trying to put her up to the front. They blew their wad with her in AA5 with that ridiculous back story of hers and didn't know what the hell to do with her in AA6. Why they felt the need to introduce this third wheel when two attorneys was already going to be too much both story and gameplay wise is beyond me.

With any luck Capcom saw my brilliant and nigh on perfect pitch for the next AA protagonist and will go that route.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Lots of SF6 stuff currently out there... Expect more stuff to drop soon.
Already saw a few model
Seems like the same supporting company that helped for MHW is helping for SF6

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of SF6 stuff currently out there... Expect more stuff to drop soon.
Already saw a few model
Seems like the same supporting company that helped for MHW is helping for SF6
Holy shit. Hes right....

Street-Fighter-5-Champion-Edition_02.jpg

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Sho Sakai, Tsushiya Kazuhiro and Koutarou Hosaka are also mention in the leak as being part of the SF6 dev team.
Of the 3 only Koutarou worked on SFV previously. Sho Sakai is one of the main strider artist who created the 2014 cstrider design while Tsushiya was the director of Haunting Grounds and the producer of Asura wrath and Megaman 11.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Sho Sakai, Tsushiya Kazuhiro and Koutarou Hosaka are also mention in the leak as being part of the SF6 dev team.
Of the 3 only Koutarou worked on SFV previously. Sho Sakai is one of the main strider artist who created the 2014 cstrider design while Tsushiya was the director of Haunting Grounds and the producer of Asura wrath and Megaman 11.

tenor.gif

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Although I haven't played Spirit of Justice yet, I wouldn't be opposed to a soft-reboot of the franchise. The next game could take place in the same universe but with entirely new faces.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019

God I'd be really excited if this was the case. I liked AA6, but it's clear that if anyone can properly wrap up this story arc (and possibly/hopefully move on from Phoenix), it's Shu Takumi. I do hope he'll make a new original game someday though, Ghost Trick was one of my all-time favorites.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

I agree with this. I haven't played Spirit of Justice yet, but Dual Destinies was the lowest point of the series for me (excluding AAI1). The game felt messy, like they wanted to include all the fanservice they possibly could (Pearl, Klavier and Edgeworth showed just because, they had no role in the plot whatsoever), doing everything fans were expecting, but that made the game feel empty and without a clear purpose in the end.

People bash on AA4 but I liked it, it's the opposite of DD, the plot wasn't there to cater to the fans at all, but to tell a story, and it did, and it could have been the beginning of a great new trilogy with the groundwork it laid, but DD ruined it by ignoring everything in favor of fanservice.

I really hope AA7 is directed by Takumi and is something like AA4 again, the classic cast of characters have definitely run their course.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Dream for AA7 would be for a brand new cast with little to no direct connection with Phoenix and Co beyond some very basic cameos and references. A new sole female Attorney along with her own original supporting cast. New sidekick, new detective, new prosecutor. New everyone that they can build another trilogy off of. And for the love of god lower the stakes and just get back to normal-ish murder cases that have more personal stakes than like national/international stakes also riding on the line.

What I expect is we'll just get more Phoenix and co in some other over the top situation that somehow tries to top AA6.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
The spin offs (AAI2 and DGS1-2) are the best games in the whole series. After AA5 and AA6 I have very low hopes for AA7.

May 18, 2018
Some new SF5 leaks I heard of. Apparently Akira's brother Daigo is going to be in the game? Also, planned costumes for the DLC characters
Edit: Heard it on Street Fighter reddit

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Some new SF5 leaks I heard of. Apparently Akira's brother Daigo is going to be in the game? Also, planned costumes for the DLC characters

Would be interesting if he was the last character. Always found it odd in that final season stream that they were so candid about everything except the final character for the game, making people think it was a guest character character. SF is really one of the last major fighting game franchises to not have guest characters.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I think most of the stuff got post on twitter earlier yesterdays but now a lot has been taken down. Only manage to see the daigo model and a few thing about SF6.
Also Daigo is most likely part of Akira moveset and not the final character. The big reason why I think thats the case is that he is the only one with no alternate costumes mentionned.
Some character models for the Shield game also leaked yesterdays

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Would be interesting if he was the last character. Always found it odd in that final season stream that they were so candid about everything except the final character for the game, making people think it was a guest character character. SF is really one of the last major fighting game franchises to not have guest characters.
Daigo is likely part of Akira's moveset.

May 18, 2018
Yeah, Daigo is most likely is part of Akira's move set. Though I wonder if she will have another partner since Rival Schools has team's of three.

I really wonder if we're going to find out who the last character is in these leaks.

Question: Would it be all right if I post the link to the SF reddit page with the leak or would that be bad?

Interesting.
Guess they're pumping a ton if effort into it thanks to worlds success with Rise tiding us over. Cheers for the help!
Pretty much, especially with the G-rank expansion for Rise turning up about a year later with the current estimate (Q4 FY22), and what sounds like will be substantial expansions for Stories 2. Monster Hunter fans aren't going to be left wanting anytime soon.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Daigo is most likely is part of Akira's move set. Though I wonder if she will have another partner since Rival Schools has team's of three.

I really wonder if we're going to find out who the last character is in these leaks.

Question: Would it be all right if I post the link to the SF reddit page with the leak or would that be bad?
I could see them doing a different assist for each vtrigger, and have the triple attack as her super. Would be cool. The other fighters from their highschool kind of suck though (Edge and Gan).

There's also still a new mechanic coming that we don't know about, so can't rule that out for Daigo I guess.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, saw a leak on Twitter. Apparently the hack included the entire English localization files for DGS, including English commentary line per line.

It probably is an in-progress version, given the recent dates. So it might not be "complete" complete.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
theres no way any of these are cancelled right

Who knows? IIRC, around the time Street Fighter x Tekken came out, there were three megaman games in the works that were all cancelled, at least one before it was announced (hence why Bad Boxart Megaman was a character in SFxT--it was a goofy joke during what was supposed to be Megaman's big return that ended up being salt in the wounds).

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The spin offs (AAI2 and DGS1-2) are the best games in the whole series. After AA5 and AA6 I have very low hopes for AA7.
AAI2 and AA6 were written and directed by the same guy, Takeshi Yamazaki, I think if they give him a chance to actually tell a story without having to worry about the fanservice or juggling all the character with open story arcs, he has proven capable of making a good AA game. I actually have hopes for AA7, because it's pretty much a clean slate.

Last edited:

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Here all the game Sho Sakai worked on :
www.mobygames.com

Sho Sakai - MobyGames

Game credits, biography, portraits and other game industry information for Sho Sakai - MobyGames
Pretty interesting to see how most games game he work on used the MT Framework engine
Both Sho Sakai and Tsushiya Kazuhiro seems to be quite experienced with MT Framework