• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vergilius

Apr 10, 2018
Some people just want SFV to die and anything that can be used for ammo will be used.
As an all time SF fan, I really wanna see SFV's end. I'm tired of this game and its struggle to even be a decent fighting game. You see a step forward and the next day, You see 10 steps backward. I'm really tired of these stupid decisions and bad moves from Division 2. SF's current state is pathetic.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ads can work on fighting games, since they are EVERYWHERE on fighting events in real life

but NOT, NEVER, WITHOUT ANY CHANCE on how capcom did it.

Tatoos and flaming kanjis ? Capcom you are drunk go home

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When ads were announced they already mentioned that ads weren't always goint to be on, and that there were going to be periods without ads: each sponsor will be shown in the game for a specific period of time.

They mentioned that the first sponsor was going to be the Capcom Pro Tour and that will be there until December 25th, so as Capcom said the Capcom Pro Tour ads were disabled yesterday.

The free trial is also over, i believe, right? So i guess it makes sense.
The free trial was limited to a single week (December 11th-18th), they mentioned it when announced it. So once that week was over the free trial was removed.

Ads a separated thing, optional to both Free Trial and players who bougth the game. When they announced the ads they mentioned that there were going to be periods without ads and that each sponsor will have their ads for a limited period of time. The firs sponsor was their own Capcom Pro Tour and it was announced that its period was going to end yesterday. So unless they change their mind in the future ads will be back with probably another sponsor.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
As an all time SF fan, I really wanna see SFV's end. I'm tired of this game and its struggle to even be a decent fighting game. You see a step forward and the next day, You see 10 steps backward. I'm really tired of these stupid decisions and bad moves from Division 2. SF's current state is pathetic.
This is nonsense. The game has been getting better and better since the end of 2016. They've reduced input lag twice, nerfed crush counters, balanced and filled out the roster, added VT2, arcade mode and the major tournaments have delivered exciting top 8s.

You don't like it, cool. But 1 step forward, 10 steps backward? no.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
SFV is dead I think.
SFV is not dead. SFV is one of the most popular fighting games right now, maybe the most popular one.

In Twich SFV has been the most viewed fighting game of the year. And also has been the game with more tournaments and more tournament players.

According Steamcharts.com (the only place where we can see publicly if some games are being played more than others), they say that these games have this 30-Day average of Steam concurrent players:
Tekken 7 2665
SFV 1900
DBFZ 1284
MKX 837
SC VI 829
Injustice 2 332
KOFXIV 179
GG Xrd Rev (most played of the series right now on Steam) 160
Blazblue Centralfiction (most played of the series right now on Steam) 139
KOFXIII 105
DOA5LR 62

And according to SteamSpy SFV has more Steam owners than Tekken 7, DBZ, KOF XIII, KOF XIV, DOA5LR, all the Guilty Gears and Blazblues and Soul Calibur VI. Only MKX has more than SFV.

Am I the only one that didn't find the ads to be a big deal? If you couldn't turn them off then sure, but you could.
I'm with you, people who don't like can disable them, and people who want some extra FM and don't care can activate them.

In my case, I prefered to see some SF artwork instead of the white blank screen during loadings, I didn't care to have CPT logos in the ring stages and didn't use it in the costumes because I didn't like how they look.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

It won't make SF VI appear any faster. There are some of us who like it despite the issues. It's nowhere near as bad as the hyperbole you state.

I didn't rant about wanting SFIV to end...I just stopped playing when I got tired of it.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why IV revitalized the scene.
Because it was the safest sequel possible in regards to roster and mechanics, with actual marketing unlike SFIII and also unlike that game, released early on in the life cycle of systems that people actually owned in a gen where online play first became relevant and integral to consoles?
It won't make SF VI appear any faster. There are some of us who like it despite the issues. It's nowhere near as bad as the hyperbole you state.

I didn't rant about wanting SFIV to end...I just stopped playing when I got tired of it.
All of this. I just quit bothering with IV after the vanilla release, rather than wasting my time whining about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Because it was the safest sequel possible in regards to roster and mechanics, with actual marketing unlike SFIII and also unlike that game, released early on in the life cycle of systems that people actually owned in a gen where online play first became relevant and integral to consoles?
yeah, not to mention it was hyped as the return of 2D fighting games lol and the return of Street Fighter.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Well SFIII came out when arcades were still a primary business market for Capcom. IV came out in the tail end of that. Capcom barely focuses on arcades anymore, unlike Namco, which had a very successful Tekken 7 run in Japan.

And while IV was safer than III, that really helped it as well. IV felt like a traditional SF game. Zoning was back and so on. Parrying, especially 3S parrying, killed the traditional zoning game.

Moreover, the III series was a wake up call for Capcom not to abandon fan favorites. Originally III: The New Generation didn't have even have Ryu and Ken. That did not go well lol.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yurinka you sure? That's really surprising to me that it'd have more owners than T7/DBFZ. I don't have access to steamspy numbers though.
Yup, I'm sure.

You can check out the exact numbers in this Twitter thread I did a couple of days ago. I'm a SteamSpy patreon supporter, so I get more specific Steam owner estimations than if a random user goes to steamspy.com. The blue bars in the owners/price graph are owners and yellow line is the price.

SFV right now has a $7.99 sale, last month or so had a $9.99 sale and from December 11 to December 18 had a limited free trial promotion. This combined with Capcom Cup (Capcom Pro Tour finals), recent addition of Kage (Evil Ryu on steroids) and recent Season 4 gameplay improvements and rebalance created a good recent spike that you can see in the mentioned Twitter thread.

Regarding Kage, Evil Ryu was the top 4 non-SFV character in the most recent oficial character popularity poll, the 3 shotos are the most played characters every month in addition to the new characters added that month, and many people finds Kage a very fun character to play.

On PC? That's not surprising, since SFV has crossplay with PS4. There's no downside for SFV players on PC, but there are downsides for other fighting games.
On PC, but also in tournaments (if we look at the number of them and the number of people playing at them) and in Twitch. I did this graph about Twitch average daily viewers during the last year for the main fighting games some days ago with sullygnome.com:

HS10qvQ.png

DBFZ had the typical spike during some weeks at launch and there are some other isolated spikes here and there, but SFV has been the most watched game across all the year.

Last edited:

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I saw SF5 on sale via steam. Realized I had a new laptop and my 360 fightstick that works perfectly w/ Windows 10 so I grabbed it only to get this shit 10 minutes in. It honestly killed my enthusiasm and I just got a refund. Fuck that.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
yeah, not to mention it was hyped as the return of 2D fighting games lol and the return of Street Fighter.

This. Like right before SFIV, the highest profile "2D" fighting game with 3D graphics was MKvsDCU. Like the genre literally didn't exist anymore. Nobody figured out how to do 2D in 3D really.

There's no way SFV was ever going to have the same impact as SFIV because SFIV had more riding on it. Same reason why Alpha didn't hit as hard as SFII.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It still annoyed me how so many insisted that there was no 2D fighting scene or any developers working on them before SFIV (it obviously revitalized casual interest in them and moved the industry toward 2.5D, but 2D fighters didn't cease to exist altogether).
Well SFIII came out when arcades were still a primary business market for Capcom. IV came out in the tail end of that. Capcom barely focuses on arcades anymore, unlike Namco, which had a very successful Tekken 7 run in Japan.

And while IV was safer than III, that really helped it as well. IV felt like a traditional SF game. Zoning was back and so on. Parrying, especially 3S parrying, killed the traditional zoning game.

Moreover, the III series was a wake up call for Capcom not to abandon fan favorites. Originally III: The New Generation didn't have even have Ryu and Ken. That did not go well lol.
IV had an arcade release before releasing on consoles though, Capcom not bothering going console then arcades until V. Though unlike Namco and Soul Calibur (completely different kind of fighter, I know), they do at least maintain interest among Japanese arcade players, and I would be lying if I said I missed waiting years at a time after arcades for every console version of fighting games. Yet it was useful for refining the game and beefing up the roster ahead of launching on consoles.

Much like Namco would learn with SCV, Capcom found out that consumers indeed don't respond favorably to soft reboots largely omitting series mainstays, with Tekken 3 being the only game to ever get away with it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It still annoyed me how so many insisted that there was no 2D fighting scene or any developers working on them before SFIV (it obviously revitalized casual interest in them and moved the industry toward 2.5D, but 2D fighters didn't cease to exist altogether).

IV had an arcade release before releasing on consoles though, Capcom not bothering going console then arcades until V. Though unlike Namco and Soul Calibur (completely different kind of fighter, I know), they do at least maintain interest among Japanese arcade players, and I would be lying if I said I missed waiting years at a time after arcades for every console version of fighting games. Much like Namco would learn with SCV though, Capcom found out that consumers indeed don't respond favorably to soft reboots largely omitting series mainstays, with Tekken 3 being the only game to ever get away with it.
Yeah. I'm aware about the IV arcade release, but it was clear that IV aim was for console primarily and the arcade release was more for balancing and player testing.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I'm sure.

You can check out the exact numbers in this Twitter thread I did a couple of days ago. I'm a SteamSpy patreon supporter, so I get more specific Steam owner estimations than if a random user goes to steamspy.com. The blue bars in the owners/price graph are owners and yellow line is the price.

SFV right now has a $7.99 sale, last month or so had a $9.99 sale and from December 11 to December 18 had a limited free trial promotion. This combined with Capcom Cup (Capcom Pro Tour finals), recent addition of Kage (Evil Ryu on steroids) and recent Season 4 gameplay improvements and rebalance created a good recent spike that you can see in the mentioned Twitter thread.

Regarding Kage, Evil Ryu was the top 4 non-SFV character in the most recent oficial character popularity poll, the 3 shotos are the most played characters every month in addition to the new characters added that month, and many people finds Kage a very fun character to play.
Yeah that's totally surprising to me. I kinda assumed T7 crushed SFV (even with the year late start) because the word of mouth on PC was so strong, and that SFV did much better on the PS4 (than PC).

I wonder if SFV is at 3 million units sold at this point, and the Capcom financials Platinum Titles numbers dont reflect that because of a "SFV:AE" sku not being listed.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm aware about the IV arcade release, but it was clear that IV aim was for console primarily and the arcade release was more for balancing and player testing.
Quite, they were very much banking on console sales with IV even with the arcade release priming the game for the launch of those versions.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
On PC, but also in tournaments (if we look at the number of them and the number of people playing at them) and in Twitch. I did this graph about Twitch average daily viewers during the last year for the main fighting games some days ago with sullygnome.com:

HS10qvQ.png

DBFZ had the typical spike during some weeks at launch and there are some other isolated spikes here and there, but SFV has been the most watched game across all the year.

Street Fighter's base is steady. With IV and V both. Other games come out and briefly eclipse SF, but the Street Fighter community is consistently active. Other communities are kinda flighty, tbh.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
i mean it's cool that they disabled it, but wat I really want to know is if Capcom/SF5 is really hurting for money that badly that they need to do stuff like this?? when no other video game seems to need to go to this extent

Capcom just had its most successful game release ever, and SF5 - to my understanding, at least - is quite successful with DLC and post-release engagement/sales, even if the actual software sales haven't lived up to SF4's various revisions.

At the end of the day, nobody (sane) is going to argue that SF5's in-game ads were a good idea well executed - it's a dicey idea poorly executed. Nobody likewise should really stand up for the Fight Money economy, which has been significantly worsened over the last year or so since AE launched (too many FM sinks, not enough opportunities to earn). But all of this is more chalked up to Capcom being confused and experimenting, unsure of what they actually want to do with Street Fighter in the future. Like, both of those feel like a shot at trying out more aggressive monetization with an eye towards a free-to-start SF6, imo, but the problem is in SF5 it's at odds with the other more traditional aspects of the game. Considering these experiments have been generally flawed, it'll be really interesting to see what they do with the next game. (I'd like to see large elements of it stay, like extra battle and FM as a concept, but make characters free and instead build the post-launch revenue model around costumes, stages and other cosmetic stuff. Basically, Overwatch.)

I don't think SF5 is finished just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if after a full spread of content in 2019 if that's it for the game. I know Ono said in the past that they had plans through 2020 - so theoretically five seasons - but 2020 will very likely be next-gen time and SF5 seemingly is doing ok but clearly isn't as successful as Capcom had hoped. AE was a big roll of the dice for the game and, honestly, it didn't offer the recovery they needed and didn't even help SF5 to reach Vanilla SF4 numbers, leave alone the numbers that game went on to reach with the 'stand-alone' releases of SSF4, AE and USF4.

It's a great game underneath all the crap going on around it, though.

Last edited:

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Now that this is taken care of, continue dragging them to the pits of hell over how they are releasing the season 4 dlc.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a big bunch of nothing based on what I'm reading.

This is nonsense. The game has been getting better and better since the end of 2016. They've reduced input lag twice, nerfed crush counters, balanced and filled out the roster, added VT2, arcade mode and the major tournaments have delivered exciting top 8s.

You don't like it, cool. But 1 step forward, 10 steps backward? no.

Amazing to see people still give subKappa-tier trolls like Vergilius and SaltyGeneralTso the time of day.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Good. It was a dumb ideia.

If anything CAPCOM should pay attention on how Toei is fucking up with DBFighterZ and take the opportunity to try and make Street Fighter more relevant, not less with stupid shit like this.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The idea wasn't even bad. But the placement for a lot of them weren't very good.
You'd be better off making brand specific costumes for a character over what that was.
Like if I was pro and sponsored by Monster. I wouldn't mind having Juri wear a Black and Green jumpsuit with a monster logo somewhere on it.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to move onto SF6 and just slowly kill this game off because at the end of the day even if the gameplay and some other areas are good, hypothetically say it's all great, it'll still be dragged down by bullshit. Even if this didn't happen people still know what this game's history is. It needs to start fresh because it'll never completely get that stench off of it even if it is great now. That's just, nah man that's a bad look. Props to Capcom for doing what they can do to resist all of the problems and trying to make the game as great as possibly can be.

With that said SF6 is probably gonna be nasty. They've learned so much from this era of SF that they'll come out with a far greater product. It's only up from this point on.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wait, people thought it was gonna be there permanently? It was stated to run only for a short period to promote Capcom Cup which was going through it's last part of the year.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that's totally surprising to me. I kinda assumed T7 crushed SFV (even with the year late start) because the word of mouth on PC was so strong, and that SFV did much better on the PS4 (than PC).

I wonder if SFV is at 3 million units sold at this point, and the Capcom financials Platinum Titles numbers dont reflect that because of a "SFV:AE" sku not being listed.
If we just look at the game sales both games had at launch Tekken 7 crushed SFV. But due to its GaaS nature SFV has been adding new costumes, colors, features, modes, characters, fixes, improvements, tweaks, gameplay rebalance and so on every week or month, so the game feels fresh and they keep adding interesting stuff that appeals more people, and the extra visibility from eSports also helps.

Capcom even highlighted SFV in their 2018 annual integrated report for investors -released last month- how these post launch improvements and additions, specially the SFVAE big update/relaunch and eSports did help SFV to make a great comeback highlighting the game even in the cover, the index (with a picture of Ono at Evo), the intro and in a special "Analysis of succesful PDCA examples" chapter titled "Rebounding from Adversity: Combination of Ongoing Updates and Esports Significantly Grows User Base" (page 37):
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/annual.html

They have another article in that integrated report talking about eSports and highlighting future plans. If the game didn't sell a lot of units why are they so happy? Well, they have been releasing free and paid DLC during 3 years frequently and if that wasn't profitable they would have cancelled these plans as they did in MvCi. So probably they are making a good amount of money with DLC.

Regarding the current game sales (SFV+SFVAE), if these Steam owners estimation from SteamSpy is more or less correct I'd say they should be way above 3 million units.

If from that graph we compare the proportion between Steam owners and total units sold (well, shipped) at the moment they mentioned SFV reached 2.1M and 2.2M, they should be now around 3.9 million copies (shipped, PS4+PC, SFV+SFVAE) due to the spike we saw this month. That is if we think that SFVAE numbers were really poor (sub 200K in the first months) and were included in the SFV numbers listed in their Platinum games page. If -as I think- these sub 200K units were from SFV vanilla and they counted SFVAE as separate entry that as of Sept 30th still didn't reach 1 million units, then they may be even be above 4M units.

But hey, maybe this SteamSpy estimation is wrong or during the recent sales or free week period the game became way more popular in PC than in PS4. We'll see the next time they update that Platinum page (not sure when, maybe in January or February they update it showing the numbers until December 31st): if SFVAE is being counted as a separate SKU and it reaches 1M copies it will appear there, and if not we'll see the effects of the recent sales, Capcom Cup, Season 4 start and free week period there.

Wait, people thought it was gonna be there permanently? It was stated to run only for a short period to promote Capcom Cup which was going through it's last part of the year.
They said that ads weren't going to be there permanently, that during certain periods of time a sponsor would shown there, but that there were going to be times without ads/sponsors available. So somewhere in the future ads may come back announcing something else.

But Ono also said that they took note about the feeback generated by the ads and that they will work to improve them in the future. So who knows, maybe next time are pretty different or maybe even get removed forever.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom just had its most successful game release ever, and SF5 - to my understanding, at least - is quite successful with DLC and post-release engagement/sales, even if the actual software sales haven't lived up to SF4's various revisions.

At the end of the day, nobody (sane) is going to argue that SF5's in-game ads were a good idea - and nobody likewise should really stand up for the Fight Money economy, which has been significantly worsened over the last year or so since AE launched (too many FM sinks, not enough opportunities to earn). But all of this is more chalked up to Capcom being confused and experimenting, unsure of what they actually want to do with Street Fighter in the future. Like, both of those feel like a shot at trying out more aggressive monetization with an eye towards a free-to-start SF6, imo, but the problem is in SF5 it's at odds with the other more traditional aspects of the game. Considering these experiments have been generally flawed, it'll be really interesting to see what they do with the next game. (I'd like to see large elements of it stay, like extra battle and FM as a concept, but make characters free and instead build the post-launch revenue model around costumes, stages and other cosmetic stuff. Basically, Overwatch.)

I don't think SF5 is finished just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if after a full spread of content in 2019 if that's it for the game. I know Ono said in the past that they had plans through 2020 - so theoretically five seasons - but 2020 will very likely be next-gen time and SF5 seemingly is doing ok but clearly isn't as successful as Capcom had hoped. AE was a big roll of the dice for the game and, honestly, it didn't offer the recovery they needed and didn't even help SF5 to reach Vanilla SF4 numbers, leave alone the numbers that game went on to reach with the 'stand-alone' releases of SSF4, AE and USF4.

It's a great game underneath all the crap going on around it, though.

I am worried at how much they are experimenting with SFV is telling me how unprepared they are for development of SF6

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to move onto SF6 and just slowly kill this game off because at the end of the day even if the gameplay and some other areas are good, hypothetically say it's all great, it'll still be dragged down by bullshit. Even if this didn't happen people still know what this game's history is. It needs to start fresh because it'll never completely get that stench off of it even if it is great now. That's just, nah man that's a bad look. Props to Capcom for doing what they can do to resist all of the problems and trying to make the game as great as possibly can be.

With that said SF6 is probably gonna be nasty. They've learned so much from this era of SF that they'll come out with a far greater product. It's only up from this point on.

The only reason Capcom should cease production on SFV early is if it's not making them money, and there's no real indication that SFV is not making money.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
SFV is dead confirmed. Time to pack it up.
Just in case someone is curious about how much SFV is dead I detailed it in these posts with some Steam and Twitch numbers and graphs and Capcom IR links:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/capcom-quietly-disables-sponsored-content-in-game-ads-in-street-fighter-5.89513/post-16300549
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...e-ads-in-street-fighter-5.89513/post-16300839
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...e-ads-in-street-fighter-5.89513/post-16301905

Spoiler: It isn't dead, it's maybe the most popular fighting game right now, at least in PC and Twitch (the only places where we can get public numbers), and it's making a comeback.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Capcom should cease production on SFV early is if it's not making them money, and there's no real indication that SFV is not making money.
Nah, I disagree with that. Best use the extra time and resources to disconnect from SFV and roll straight into SFVI's development. It doesn't matter if it's making them money or not, a great amount of people still have that aftertaste in their mouths from SFV. And if they are making money from SFV then all of that money needs to go towards making SFVI greater for casuals and those who were heavily disappointed by SFV day 1 compared to focusing on FCG and esports because those are the people who matter most to Capcom heads at the end of the day.

And I hope they don't go straight from SFV to SFVI one after the next too. They need to have some silence in between rather than having them connect. That'll be better in the long run for the series given it'll give more people time to disconnect from SFV.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
People underestimate the Xbox crowd when it comes to overall total sales.
Capcom lost at least 1-1.5 million raw sales due the game not being released on Xbox.
If you consider this factor, MKX sales don't appear untouchable at all.

Street Fighter as a franchise is very healthy, just look at Ultra Street Fighter 2 sales on Switch, nobody ever would have thought USF2 selling so good on Nintendos hybrid console. Capcom stated that USF2 on Switch is a "smash hit".

There is a an audience for Street Fighter out there and no small one to be precise.
Capcom just has to work out a plan how to please everyone with a GREAT Street Fighter game right out of the gate. That game most likely is going to be SF6 on multi for next gen consoles, PC and Switch.

On top of that Capcom right now is in a totally different state thanks to hits like Monster Hunter World or upcoming highly anticipated titles like RE2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5. A healthy Capcom is potentially the best developer in the world.

Street Fighter is definitely not dead.

Last edited:

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I don't think the ads are gone for good. They'd have took the chance to make an official statement if they were cancelling it, surely? I'm surprised they didn't have another company's ads lined up for the end of this run.

I do wonder if they'll manage to get many sponsors on board, considering the backlash. Plenty of folk went out of their way to use those ad costumes online though so I guess only Capcom knows whether the uptake was worthwhile. It sounds like the amount of FM you can earn will vary depending on the sponsor so the meagre 4~12FM bonus might have been a lowball to make later, third party branding seem more attractive.

They really should have designed new costumes better suited to the ads than just sticking them over characters at random.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
i mean it's cool that they disabled it, but wat I really want to know is if Capcom/SF5 is really hurting for money that badly that they need to do stuff like this?? when no other video game seems to need to go to this extent

Why settle for just some of the money when you can have all of the money? Would you just kindly leave unattended extra money on a table?

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a good exercise of seeing who actually reads the OP and who responds blindly or see it as an opportunity to shit talk without basis in reality

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I disagree with that. Best use the extra time and resources to disconnect from SFV and roll straight into SFVI's development. It doesn't matter if it's making them money or not, a great amount of people still have that aftertaste in their mouths from SFV. And if they are making money from SFV then all of that money needs to go towards making SFVI greater for casuals and those who were heavily disappointed by SFV day 1 compared to focusing on FCG and esports because those are the people who matter most to Capcom heads at the end of the day.

And I hope they don't go straight from SFV to SFVI one after the next too. They need to have some silence in between rather than having them connect. That'll be better in the long run for the series given it'll give more people time to disconnect from SFV.
Which one is it?