• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
After last gen, it's nice to see Japanese developers hitting new heights this generation. Turns out that the best of them can compete just fine with the Western developers

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for the platinum page to update.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
There are different divisions and they work on different games at the same time. But aren't separate teams, workers are moved when needed to projects even if they are from other divisions. Some examples:
  • 230 people who worked on MHW also worked on MH 4 Ultimate.
  • 203 people who worked on MHW also worked on MH Generations.
  • 201 people who worked on MHW also worked on Resident Evil 2 remake.
  • 193 people who worked on MHW also worked on MH Stories.
  • 188 people who worked on MHW also worked on Resident Evil 7.
  • 143 people who worked on MHW also worked on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
  • 102 people who worked on MHW also worked on MH Tri.
  • 99 people who worked on MHW also worked on Mega Man 11.
  • 96 people who worked on MHW also worked on Dragon's Dogma.
  • 91 people who worked on MHW also worked on Street Fighter V.
Source (scroll down until the bottom of the page): https://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/monster-hunter-world/credits

Division 2 most recent solid, well reviewed hit was released last year. It's called Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (87 in Metacritic) and Capcom is so happy with it that are going to release it on arcade next month, keeps adding new content to the game every few weeks in a quantity and during an amount of time longer than never did before in any other game (if they do it after 3 years maybe it's because its DLC is generating them a lot of money) and announcing for that game new eSports tounaments and leagues even hosted by Capcom. Today they provided details about the recently announced Street Fighter League USA (they started the Street Fighter League Japan last week). Esports event of that game have the biggest prize pool and participation of that genre, with the exception of last Evo. As an example, SFV as always is the game with the highest participation by far for the upcoming EVO Japan.
As far as we know Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition did not sell solidly. It's unclear how well it sold since we have no idea if its being classified under the SFV section of their platinum sellers, but if it was, it did not move SFV's numbers significantly, if it's not, it did not reach 1 million units sold. Capcom probably has made a lot of money in DLC costumes, stages and characters, but the game itself did not sell particularly well, stabilizing below initial expectations.

I will however correct my previous statement, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds was reviewed positively and sold well.
Division 2 and 3 merged into one last April.

Okami and Onimusha are also within Division 1.
I always forget that detail.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
Pachislots aren't counted on Digital Entertainment, those are from Amusement. What I posted is only for mobile+console for the companies.

Yea , Digital Entertainment in konami is console/PC Gaming + Mobile + Card games ( Guess Yugioh )

Also , Despite the very low Konami output in the recent few years and whoever wondering about the income from digital Entertainment that isnt mobile , people forget the Yugioh games and its booster packs and that they release a multi-million annual game called Pro Evolution Soccer , even if the game sales is nowhere its prime days , but of course mobile is the main force of the Digital Entertainment profits

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As far as we know Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition did not sell solidly. It's unclear how well it sold since we have no idea if its being classified under the SFV section of their platinum sellers, but if it was, it did not move SFV's numbers significantly, if it's not, it did not reach 1 million units sold. Capcom probably has made a lot of money in DLC costumes, stages and characters, but the game itself did not sell particularly well, stabilizing below initial expectations.

I will however correct my previous statement, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds was reviewed positively and sold well.

I always forget that detail.
There are 984043 players in the SFV+SFAE online ranking according to a recent post in the SFV OT.

Looking at trophies:
38.7% of Steam players and 18.2% of PS4 players played 10 online battles (~28.45% of the total).
So if 984043 is ~28.45% of the players who played 10 online battles, 100% would be ~3458851.
This would be assuming that none of the players in the ranking are duplied accounts (which is false, I did it in PS4) and than every player in the ranking played 10 battles (which is false). So let's reduce this number, let's say it's ~3.1M or 3.2M.

In the Capcom Platinum titles page SFV has 2.2M, there is around 1M copies missing there. So it sounds that like in almost every single game they did before, when they release an upgraded game (RE7Gold may be the exception, I don't have separate numbers), a late port/remaster, they are counting SFVAE as a separate SKU for the Platinum titles page and they still didn't added because back then it didn't reach 1M.

Recently they did that "free week" and sold SFV separatedly from SFVAE so maybe it's why SFV climbs slowly in the platinum page. Because if SFV and SFVAE were included there under same sku it would mean that at launch SFVAE only sold under 200K. But a few months after that they bragged in their yearly report about the comeback they did in SFV thanks to SFVAE and the eSports. So I assume that even if SFV launch performed under expectations, they must be happy with SFVAE and/or related DLC sales (3 years later they keep adding more instead of stopping, which means it keeps being profitable for them).

We'll see it next week. If SFV 2.2M gets a big bump due to free week+big Decembers sales, then SFVAE will be included there. If it only gets a very small or no increase, then SFVAE is counted separatedly and we may see it listed if finally sold 1M alone.

Edit: Seems there are 3.7M SFV CFN accounts created.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/amrrhe/sfv_player_distribution_for_s4/efoww8h/
We should remove here many from the two free week periods we had and for duplied accounts to farm FM and unlock characters and to add some due to people without interenet access. So yes, I'd say between 3.1M and 3.2M may be a good guess.

In any case, around 1M copies are missing from the 2.2M units listed at Capcom's Platinum page. So I bet it's highly possible we'll see SFVAE listed in the platinum games page this week (if it reached 1M in less than a year) or in the next quarter (if it reaches 1M there).

Last edited:

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
They've made some very risky decisions that seem to have paid off. I hope they reboot lost planet next
I have been thinking about Lost Planet recently. Seeing footages of Anthem made me realize how a similar game would fit the Lost Planet franchise. A mmo third person shooter with all the crazy monsters they had in the previous games.

Feb 3, 2018
I remember how depressed we all were with Capcom just a couple of years ago but man have they been on a roll lately, this is a what happens when a company listen to it's fans take note EA this is how to do it.

It's truly an amazing comeback for them and I am very happy for them and have enjoyed MH world, Mega Man and of course the last two Resident Evil games.

If DMC is a success then that is just is the cherry on top.

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'd like to know. Amazing if true.

It was in the Q&A... that wasn't posted till five minutes ago. Hm.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/data/pdf/explanation/2019/3rd/explanation_2019_3rd_02.pdf

Q.中小型タイトルの状況を伺いたい。

A.2019年第3四半期累計(4月~12月)で『ロックマンXアニバーサリーコレクション』関連タイトルが92万本、『ロックマン11 運命の歯車!!』が87万 本 、『 ストリートファイター30th アニバーサリーコレクションインターナショナル』が80万本とそれぞれ順調に進捗しています。なお、『鬼武者』(リマスター版)は第3四半期時点では国内のみの販売ですが、堅調な出足となりました。

Q. I would like to ask about the situation of small and medium-tier titles.

A. Relating to "Rockman X Anniversary Collection" in cumulative third quarter of 2019 (April - December) The title is at 990,000, "Rockman 11 Fate of Gear !!" is 870,000, "Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection " is steadily progressing towards 800,000. "Onimusha" (Remastered Version) was sold only in Japan as of the third quarter, outside sales have been steady.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Great news to see the Mega Man games doing well. After so many years of nothing the last year with MM11 was so damn nice as a long time fan. Can't wait to see what they have lined up next. Also hoping for a couple more random collections this year in the style of the beat em up collection - something that bundles in Warzard would be delightful.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
It seems we're well and truly out of the 'broaden your audience by attempting to placate and second guess non-customers' phase of the games industry, particularly where Japan is concerned, and that the benefits of sticking to what you're good at and delivering what your long-term customers want, as opposed to ignoring them, is paying off.

I should clarify that I'm not criticising Capcom's flirtation with pursuing western-centric big budget titles (and they rode that wave hardest of any Japanese company), since we got some solid games out of it, but clearly it wasn't a profitable strategy, nor one with any kind of potential future.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Mega Man X Anniversary Collection-related titles are 920,000, not 990,000.

I'm wondering what they mean by "related titles" since there's a MMXLC and MMXLC2. Are they both combined to hit 920,000, or as a set have they hit 920,000?

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
There are 984043 players in the SFV+SFAE online ranking according to a recent post in the SFV OT.

Looking at trophies:
38.7% of Steam players and 18.2% of PS4 players played 10 online battles (~28.45% of the total).
So if 984043 is ~28.45% of the players who played 10 online battles, 100% would be ~3458851.
This would be assuming that none of the players in the ranking are duplied accounts (which is false, I did it in PS4) and than every player in the ranking played 10 battles (which is false). So let's reduce this number, let's say it's ~3.1M or 3.2M.

In the Capcom Platinum titles page SFV has 2.2M, there is around 1M copies missing there. So it sounds that like in almost every single game they did before, when they release an upgraded game (RE7Gold may be the exception, I don't have separate numbers), a late port/remaster, they are counting SFVAE as a separate SKU for the Platinum titles page and they still didn't added because back then it didn't reach 1M.

Recently they did that "free week" and sold SFV separatedly from SFVAE so maybe it's why SFV climbs slowly in the platinum page. Because if SFV and SFVAE were included there under same sku it would mean that at launch SFVAE only sold under 200K. But a few months after that they bragged in their yearly report about the comeback they did in SFV thanks to SFVAE and the eSports. So I assume that even if SFV launch performed under expectations, they must be happy with SFVAE and/or related DLC sales (3 years later they keep adding more instead of stopping, which means it keeps being profitable for them).

We'll see it next week. If SFV 2.2M gets a big bump due to free week+big Decembers sales, then SFVAE will be included there. If it only gets a very small or no increase, then SFVAE is counted separatedly and we may see it listed if finally sold 1M alone.

Edit: Seems there are 3.7M SFV CFN accounts created.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/amrrhe/sfv_player_distribution_for_s4/efoww8h/
We should remove here many from the two free week periods we had and for duplied accounts to farm FM and unlock characters and to add some due to people without interenet access. So yes, I'd say between 3.1M and 3.2M may be a good guess.

In any case, around 1M copies are missing from the 2.2M units listed at Capcom's Platinum page. So I bet it's highly possible we'll see SFVAE listed in the platinum games page this week (if it reached 1M in less than a year) or in the next quarter (if it reaches 1M there).
Players/accounts = sales?

I'm having ethomaz flashbacks.

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
It's that info from this financial report or something you know?.

It's up now-
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/data/pdf/explanation/2019/3rd/explanation_2019_3rd_02.pdf

Q.中小型タイトルの状況を伺いたい。 A.2019 年第 3 四半期累計(4 月~12 月)で『ロックマンX アニバーサリーコレクション』関連 タイトルが 92 万本、『ロックマン 11 運命の歯車!!』が 87 万本、『ストリートファイター30th ア ニバーサリーコレクション インターナショナル』が 80 万本とそれぞれ順調に進捗しています。 なお、『鬼武者』(リマスター版)は第 3 四半期時点では国内のみの販売ですが、堅調な出足と なりました。

english version should be up here at some point http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/explanation.html

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Capcom is finally back from a very dark place.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Players/accounts = sales?

I'm having ethomaz flashbacks.
No, players aren't the same than sales. There has been two free week periods (December and August). And in addition to this at least in PS4 you can play with different console users in the same game. So each user will count as a different CFN user (what I mentioned as "duplied accounts").

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
No, players aren't the same than sales. There has been two free week periods (December and August). And in addition to this at least in PS4 you can play with different console users in the same game. So each user will count as a different CFN user (what I mentioned as "duplied accounts").
You're claiming there's around a million sales missing from Capcom IR, right? And what exactly are you basing this off?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom making their games in-house again and dumping Western devs was a great move.
Yup. While I did enjoy a couple of the Western designed games, I never felt they were up to scratch compared to their classic Japanese output. That plus you had that phase where Capcom were trying to basically make RE into COD in terms of spectacle. I love RE6's combat but felt that game was just too bloated - game could have been a good 10 hours shorter and got rid of the horrid vehicle sections and not really suffered for it, best thing that ever happened was them dialing things back to RE7/REmake 2 levels.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping 11's success means X9 is a guarantee. Wouldnt mind ZX3 to finish up that story somewhere down the line as well.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
You're claiming there's around a million sales missing from Capcom IR, right? And what exactly are you basing this off?

While I don't think SFV has sold an extra million I also think a big chunk of it hasn't been revealed yet and who knows if it ever will be. Capcom counts every upgrade as a new SKU. They did it with every version of SF2 and SF4(none of the SF3 games hit 1 million) and I don't see why it's different with SFV.

I'm just going to throw out a random number and say that SFV AE sold 600k. Problem is that we'll never know how much it sells until it reaches 1 million. It's either that or SFV AE literally sold almost nothing at first and then finally reached 100k at best months later. And though I didn't think the sales would be good, I just can't believe it did that bad.

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
While I don't think SFV has sold an extra million I also think a big chunk of it hasn't been revealed yet and who knows if it ever will be. Capcom counts every upgrade as a new SKU. They did it with every version of SF2 and SF4(none of the SF3 games hit 1 million) and I don't see why it's different with SFV.

I'm just going to throw out a random number and say that SFV AE sold 600k. Problem is that we'll never know how much it sells until it reaches 1 million. It's either that or SFV AE literally almost nothing and first and then finally reached 100k at best world wide months later. And though I didn't think the sales would be good, I just can't believe it did that bad.
With SFV it's still unclear how it's counted. We know RE7 Gold sales are added to the RE7 total so that may be the new standard going forward. MHW Iceborne will be key to watch here.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma Online in NA when? Surely they can squander some $ on a passion project.
Nah, forget all that. I'd rather they just begin prepping DD2 and MHOW for next gen consoles using their RE Engine as their first salvo, then REMake 3 and Onimusha Next as their second and follow that up with Dino Crisis, SFVI, and RE8 as the third and MM, Lost Planet and RE Online as their last efforts of next gen. Sorry if I seem dismissive of your opinion but a sequel to DD2 surely trumps DDO, right!?

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
With SFV it's still unclear how it's counted. We know RE7 Gold sales are added to the RE7 total so that may be the new standard going forward. MHW Iceborne will be key to watch here.

That's true though, it's just that after AE came out SFV was still sitting at 2.1 million like it was before(correct me if I'm wrong though) in the next financial report. And plenty of people were sitting there saying "did it sell practically nothing?". That's why I find it hard to believe that AE is included with sales of the base game.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to throw out a random number and say that SFV AE sold 600k. Problem is that we'll never know how much it sells until it reaches 1 million. It's either that or SFV AE literally sold almost nothing at first and then finally reached 100k at best months later. And though I didn't think the sales would be good, I just can't believe it did that bad.

Considering how Ono has stressed the game was nearing 2.5 mil after all this time a while back, I'm doubtful he wouldn't talk about how it passed 3 mil or went near it with the arcade edition.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's interesting, G version of older releases have done big numbers if I'm not wrong, do you think this can do it too relative to its current sales?
I don't expect sales on par with the original release like previous G expansions mostly because there's now a dlc option. It'll be more like RE5 vs RE5 Gold or the differing versions of SSFIV/AE/Ultra. 25% would be really good I think.