• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
0fab3e4f7e9e7d3f199c49f10308ac05.gif

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
They do but why the the big one under the control of someone else? I can now see each company having their own tournaments in place of where Evo used to be.

Each company's tournament series has always been dependent on a circuit of grassroots events to piggy back on. And Evo has been the cornerstone of all that.

It's not really going to be possible for these companies to just replace that infrastructure and do it on their own.

This is a very disruptive event in the FGC. If the grassroots tournaments get abandoned by the publishers, all we'll have left is online tournaments and invitationals for the pro tours. It'll be very different.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
You have to have faith that's gonna happen though.
I mean that's all we can realistically do? This extends to all the other communities whose stories have come out these weeks as well. That said, there are many genuine people in the scene. I have 0 reason to believe they can't keep the spirit of Evo going. The event was never about select people. It was always about the community.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I loved watching EVO stream (although I haven't done it in years). It's kinda surreal, and kinda aggravating that Mr. Wizard ruined it for everyone by being filth.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Waiting for Keef to use Smash Bro Ultimate to laugh at all of them lol

Hopefully they announce like a Fighting Game Digital Online Direct to reveal whatever they were suppose to reveal at EVO if everyone pulls out

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Makes sense. EVO And the fgc are going to have to do a lot after these horrible events came to light.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Good. I don't know who still left but they need to drop out as well.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Do you watch any of these games? Most already have their own distinct championships.

EVO is typically the biggest open qualifying tournament for their individual circuits.

As someone who enjoying high level fight games I'll admit, Evo is really the only tournament I go out of my way to watch each year. Even then I usually only watch the top 8's since that's when things really pick up. I hope even if Evo as a brand is dead a similar tournament can take it's place. I don't like any competitive fighting game enough to watch a tournament exclusively about it.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
This is basically gonna be a NeoGAF—>ResetEra scenario.
Good. Sex criminals like this sick fuck need to be held accountable.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So Evo's done. Hopefully a better tournament series rises from its ashes and seriously addresses all of its issues

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
I have always incredibly disliked Cuellar, but couldn't have imagined the deplorable revelations finally brought to light.

Great decision by Capcom, even if Street Fighter is EVO as many say. Hopefully they never associate with this scumbag ever again.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
I don't think he's gonna joke about this.
Ain't nothing to joke about this time.
Smash should be the last one to laugh at anything right now
I'm not talking about this matter but like for laughing about how Smash couldn't make it to Online Tournment because of bad netcode and how they we're kicked out of EVO 2020. Maybe like a bit where Smash say join me onward to 2021 lol

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm not talking about this matter but like for laughing about how Smash couldn't make it to Online Tournment because of bad netcode and how they we're kicked out of EVO 2020. Maybe like a bit where Smash say join me onward to 2021 lol
This is not a joking matter at all. I'm sure that guy is smart enough to read the room on this.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom backing out of EVO before their Street Fighter V trailer gets leaked again...

...I definitely respect the move. And it speaks greater volumes because EVO is synonymous with Capcom fighting games.