• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 sold 200k more than it did last quarter. (400k vs 200k). TGA Action award and word of mouth did their thing.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
With that drop from MHW to MHWI, it doesn't bold well for another DLC expansion. I hope Capcom doesn't force the team to release a full sequel when they can just make another DLC expansion.
They did previously say Iceborne would be the only expansion. It also fits with how the series has been operating since the start with game then expansion, then new game.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
DMC5 sold 200k more than it did last quarter. (400k vs 200k). TGA Action award and word of mouth did their thing.

DMC5 is going to continually sell until Capcom does something or releases something that makes it irrelevant. (like a special edition). It's a genre benchmark game. There is no reason not to play DMC5 unless you don't like the genre.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, this list isn't diverse enough to say they're back. But I guess these are just the platinum titles.
Horror Shooter, Rock themed Character Action game, Fantasy Dragon/Large Monster Slayer ARPG, Retro Platformer, Visual Novel, Fighting Game, Beat Em Up, various retro Collections. Not sure what about that doesn't sound diverse.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Horror Shooter, Rock themed Character Action game, Fantasy Dragon/Large Monster Slayer ARPG, Retro Platformer, Visual Novel, Fighting Game, Beat Em Up, various retro Collections. Not sure what about that doesn't sound diverse.
Do you realize how many IPs Capcom has and that half of these are RE or entries of existing consistently selling franchises? Don't get me wrong, these games selling this much isn't a bad thing and freaking obvious why they sold thing much over their other IPs. But as a huge Capcom fan, I have doubts they'll ever bring back things like Dino Crisis or Power Stone or any other one of their dormant frachises in their gigantic lost of IPs.

And I already took note that these are just platinum sellers and understand how much of an accomplishment that is, but how many other IPs from Capcom have released recently. IMO, not many compared to the golden age of Capcom where they COULD release something like Dino Crisis, Rival Schools, a JoJo fighting game, along side a Street Fighter and Resident Evil.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How the fuck did Dragons Dogma sell that much more then Okami? Step up your game Okami stans :/