• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yea 6m before SFVI might be a stretch. But 6m LTD seems like a lock.

Am just expecting another boost around SFVI announcement. USFIV got the same boost when SFV was announced.
Heads-up, they aren't expecting SFVI until Q1 2022, so that may factor into their expectations for SFV's sales relative to SFVI's release.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
While 5 million is amazing, I can't help notice the difference between the amount of people who bought Iceborne compared to World. Not even half bought the expansion?
Yeah, I had hoped for more in the end as well. Even if it's somewhat expensive at 40 bucks for DLC, it offers a lot of new content. Especially for series veterans and fans, though, with many classic monsters returning, so that might also show which demographic even cares about Iceborne. I guess the broader casual demographic was done with the game after World's base game. Shame, really.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
While 5 million is amazing, I can't help notice the difference between the amount of people who bought Iceborne compared to World. Not even half bought the expansion?

Well to be fair. MHW has been discounted and is also constantly selling. If you launch align MHW and Iceborne sales. It would be roughly 60%. Which seems about right for an expansion.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
The big difference between the two is the tone. The action in RE7 gradually builds up, and it feels earned when it goes for the more crazy encounters. Even then, it's nowhere near the level of the frantic pace and ridiculousness of RE6 and 5.

RE5/6 are outlandish from the get-go, which makes its action feel so totally off from the rest of the series.

I mean Ethan is a Civilian/normal person. While RE5 and 6 are Badass Soldier, Agent, and SPY.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to take it as a "yes." Out of hundreds of MM games, only a few made the million mark (MM2, MM3, MMX, and MMBN4)

That is, until this gen. MMLC 1+2 (combined), MMXLC1+2 (combined), and MM11 have each sold a million. That's remarkable in MM fan terms.

I wouldn't take those numbers as absolute. Because Capcom do not combine SKUs for old games. MMX,MM2..etc could have sold way more with all SKUs combined.

The franchise sales were over 30m way back in 2000s. There is noway a franchise could hit that number and only have 4 million sellers.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did not know Dragons DOgma did that much? Sequel already! Also is massively impressive to see how much of a good choice MHW was. Sheesh those numbers.

Jun 23, 2019
I'm looking at those MH numbers and thinking back to all those years ago where people were saying that nobody wants a HD MH on console and that it would sell only 2-3 million at tops. Look at that shit. Capcom is eating fam.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is on a roll. All it took was putting some effort into your IPs.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Honestly I'm pretty happy that Okami managed to sell 3 million. I remember how horrific its sales were in the PS2 days, despite being one of the greatest games of all time.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Cataloge sales looks pretty good for Capcom.
No mention of RE sales on Switch it seems?

MM11 is now the third best selling single game in the franchise to right?
That's pretty cool for a franchise that was 'dead' not too long ago.
Hopefull we'll see something new soon! =)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno's games doing work.

For the longest time DD was sitting at around 2 million but after the other ports released it really took off.

Can't wait for his next project.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
We know that RE3 has already sold at least 2.5 million, maybe even more by this point (I forget when the 2.5 number came), so those thinking (hoping?) for bomba can get that out of their system lol

Oct 26, 2017
Happy for the Mega Man series to get another million-seller that isn't a compilation.

Wish it was a Mega Man game that I actually liked, but at least it keeps the series from being put on ice again.

Jan 4, 2018
Cumulatives sales of RE5 are now 11,6 millions.

RE2 is going to pass RE 5, 6, & 7 by this time next year.

RE2 on its way to be the top selling RE game in a year or two, RE7 to surpass RE6 this quarter (definitely already has as this sales data is a month and a half old), it'll be really interesting to see how RE8 and RE4 do in comparision.

It's going to be hard for RE2R to pass RE5. RE5 on PS3/Xbox360 is 9,9 millions.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love seeing both RE6 and RE7 so high because it shows how versatile Resident Evil can be while keeping it's popularity, even when the two games are as different and polarizing as they can be. That's just such rarity in gaming, especially when fandoms are so adverse to change.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Glad to see that SFV still has legs!

Super bummed that COVID-19 has ruined Capcom Pro Tour -- I miss seeing those in-person pro matches. *sobs

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
SFV number is depressing considering it's on PC and a console with a 120+ million users.

Same goes for DMC5, granted yeah it's been on gamepass for months but still.

Oct 25, 2017
yet we still won't get a new RE game in that style, just more remakes

I think there's a good chance that Resident Evil 9 will be a new third person game. RE8 would have already been in development before REmake 2's success, so fo course it was going to follow on from RE7. I feel that the game's weird demotion and reinstatement as a mainline title could very well be due to Capcom deciding to go back to third person and trying to decide whether to relegate first person to spin-off territory or not.

People need to stop making claims we'll never see X type of Resident Evil again. Before RE7 everyone had written off there ever being a survival horror game again. There will be a new third person game sooner or later.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
SFV number is depressing considering it's on PC and a console with a 120+ million users.

Same goes for DMC5, granted yeah it's been on gamepass for months but still.

DMC5's numbers are really good. For the series, genre and Capcom games in general. Unless sales drop like a rock, it should make it to 5M within 12-15 months, give or take.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
We know that RE3 has already sold at least 2.5 million, maybe even more by this point (I forget when the 2.5 number came), so those thinking (hoping?) for bomba can get that out of their system lol

Y'see it came out during a pandemic that's shutting down everything, so it should've sold way more because all people can do is sit home and play games. The fact that a remake of a game that was always seen as RE2's lesser brother ended up selling less in the same time period as REmake 2 shows it's an abject failure!

/s

Oct 24, 2019
I think there's a good chance that Resident Evil 9 will be a new third person game. RE8 would have already been in development before REmake 2's success, so fo course it was going to follow on from RE7. I feel that the game's weird demotion and reinstatement as a mainline title could very well be due to Capcom deciding to go back to third person and trying to decide whether to relegate first person to spin-off territory or not.

People need to stop making claims we'll never see X type of Resident Evil again. Before RE7 everyone had written off there ever being a survival horror game again. There will be a new third person game sooner or later.

I hope not. Let this first person trilogy stay its course, then they can switch up the format again for 10-12.

1-3 is the fixed camera trilogy, 4-6 is the third person OTS trilogy, 7-9 should be the first person/VR trilogy