• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
People need to get over this weird RE6 vs 7 stuff. Like seriously, they both have great numbers. Who gives a crap? Some of ya'll need to get away from this game stuff for a while and read a fucking book.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm going to take it as a "yes." Out of hundreds of MM games, only a few made the million mark (MM2, MM3, and MMBN4)

That is, until this gen. MMLC 1+2 (combined), MMXLC1+2 (combined), and MM11 have each sold a million. That's remarkable in MM fan terms.

Also, Jawmuncher , I had a RE question for you. Does these new sales include the various RE Switch ports? I was thinking so, but then saw the HD versions separated?

Switch is counted in the Overall Game Series Sales that I just updated but not in their individual sections. They count as their own ports.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Everything is looking pretty good with the exception of Dragon's Dogma remaster being near the bottom of list with 1 Million. Smh.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
People need to get over this weird RE6 vs 7 stuff. Like seriously, they both have great numbers. Who gives a crap? Some of ya'll need to get away from this game stuff for a while and read a fucking book.
41j56p.jpg

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Feel bad for DD tho.

With the remaster, RE6 is like 9.5 million. RE7 is beating it without that.

Happy to see SFV doing actually well.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
What an amazing generation from Capcom. Hope they continue this upward trajectory next generation. Maybe bring back Dino Crisis and AAA Megaman..?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 is going to be the highest selling RE game for a very long time. The RE4 remake won't outsell it.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
RE2 on its way to be the top selling RE game in a year or two, RE7 to surpass RE6 this quarter (definitely already has as this sales data is a month and a half old), it'll be really interesting to see how RE8 and RE4 do in comparision.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney jumping up another ~200k seems like a good sign for the legs on the HD trilogy release, given that came out a solid year ago now and there hasn't been any releases for the series since then. Some of it could be people checking out the existing 4/5/6 3DS/mobile ports, of course.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Keep it up, Megaman, SFV, DMCV. More stuff should be on the way for all of them, Megaman especially.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm ultra butthurt

not even hiding it

I know that feel lol.

Aren't re7 and re2 at a faster rate?

Oh for sure. When launch aligned they're far out pacing RE6 (They even were back at launch outside the actual shipment numbers which RE6 still holds the record on).

It's more just that despite whatever is selling, there's still obvious interest in Action RE titles. Which is why I imagine Resident Evil 4 remake is happening.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 on its way to be the top selling RE game in a year or two, RE7 to surpass RE6 this quarter (definitely already has as this sales data is a month and a half old), it'll be really interesting to see how RE8 and RE4 do in comparision.
They're both gonna put up really big numbers. The RE brand is strong now.

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is so hot again, but unlike in the '90s, they make games that do nothing at all for me. It's funny because people talk about this Capcom comeback, and the numbers show that it's clearly happening, but I never would have guessed had I not spent time here or at other gaming websites.

Good for them in general though because they have a lot of IPs that I (in theory) like.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like SFV might still have potential but I won't mind if they moved forward with the next entry. I just want SF to not fade into obscurity.
Capcom really has to sitdown and revaluate what Street Fighter means to everyone. The cheap pops should be easy. NetherRealm and Arcsys have it figured out and you can't tell me SF doesn't have as much love and nostalgia as DBZ and MK in the US. I want the SF version of this

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Keep it up, Megaman, SFV, DMCV. More stuff should be on the way for all of them, Megaman especially.
I could maybe see DMC5 getting a Special Edition for the next-gen systems, but SFV seems to be basically done in terms of major content support beyond the CPT 2020 Premier Pack (unless you mean Street Fighter in general).

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I think RE2 is going to be at the top for a long time. I don't think anything will even come close to MHW. That shit is nuts.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ummm...what happened to Resident Evil 6 fans bragging about how "bad" 7 was doing?! What happened to ya'll!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Yeah bye bye built-in action RE and good riddance.

I think everyone has moved on. We know RE8 is coming and is horror, we know RE4 Remake is coming and everythign is pointing at that being an action RE similar to the original. Everyone is eating or about to eat so it's kinda it's own thing now.

Even RE3 was more in-line with action RE sensibilities after-all. Good time to be an RE fan on either side.

Unless you want a fixed camera game lol

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom really has to sitdown and revaluate what Street Fighter means to everyone. The cheap pops should be easy. NetherRealm and Arcsys have it figured out and you can't tell me SF doesn't have as much love and nostalgia as DBZ and MK in the US. I want the SF version of this

I mean all y'all are really asking for any time you compare any fighting game to a current NRS one is "I wish they spent a lot more money on this".

Oct 25, 2017
While 5 million is amazing, I can't help notice the difference between the amount of people who bought Iceborne compared to World. Not even half bought the expansion?

Most people don't buy expansions.

RE6 sucked, but not because it was action. It was just a bad game.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

The next title (unknown if 12) entered development at end of 2018.
O shoot it probably could've been out next year maybe if it was for what's going on. Looking forward to it

The action vs horror war will never not be funny as someone that just got into the franchise in 2017. They all just seem like good games to me(didn't like 4 too much personally.)

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean all y'all are really asking for any time you compare any fighting game to a current NRS one is "I wish they spent a lot more money on this".
Well thats what they did with Monster Hunter no? Everyone was saying how the portable games were already millions sellers and making a AAA MH game would not be worth the money invested. Sure its a gamble but maybe SF could have a similar success story with a AAA budget

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well thats what they did with Monster Hunter no? Everyone was saying how the portable games were already millions sellers and making a AAA MH game would not be worth the money invested. Sure its a gamble but maybe SF could have a similar success story with a AAA budget
Monster Hunter is a genuine cultural touchstone in Japan, making it an HD console game was as much of a no brainer as Dragon Quest was. The margins for SF no matter what will be a lot lower.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I'm happy the next gen of consoles seems like it's going to be easy to develop for too. I think Capcom (and other Japanese devs) are going to continue to surge like they did this gen.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I think expansions in general have low attach rates. Also the expansion itself was a end game exclusive expansion and mhw is a pretty long game.
Most people don't buy expansions.
Ah, I see. Thanks.

I just thought that at least more than half of those who bought World would've also bought the expansion since it's the most well received MH to date and that the expansion improved upon some or most of the problems people had with World.