• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm honestly thinking a comprehensive Marvel vs. Capcom Legacy Collection (the Arcade1UP cabinets proved that Capcom & Marvel are still on speaking terms).

I thought we were talking about Mega Man games.

I doubt they'll revisit the MVC series through a legacy collection, if at all.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we'll get another Legacy Collection before Battle Network. I mean, we only recently got the Z/ZX Collection.
We've got classic, X, & Z/ZX. The only ones left are Battle Network, Star Force, & Legends. I could see Legends next but I don't see them doing Star Force before Battle Network. Or are you referring to a completely different franchise.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
RE8 and Monster Hunter Switch seem like two easy games to confirm as being part of this push. Surely they'd need a few more to hit their goals, right?

Oct 25, 2017
If we were to do the math with some of the games most expect...
  • Resident Evil 8: Village (5 SKUs)
    1. PS4
    2. PS5
    3. XB1
    4. XSX
    5. PC
  • Street Fighter VI (3 SKUs)
    1. PS5
    2. XSX
    3. PC
  • [Insert Legacy Collection Here] (4 SKUs)
    1. PS4
      • PS5 via BC
    2. XB1
      • XSX via BC
    3. Switch
    4. PC
That'd only leave room for one more SKU (my guess, Monster Hunter Switch). But if SFVI is indeed delayed a few months like Dusk Golem is expecting for one of the planned games, that'd open up 3 SKUs for something like Mega Man X9.

Three SKUs should already be accounted for by REmake 3.

I think the likely breakdown is:
REmake 3 (3 SKUs)
RE8 (5 SKUs)
A port/legacy collection (4 SKUs)
MH Switch (1 SKU)

That would easily account for the 10 million they're expecting from new titles, and SFVI having slipped into the next FY.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I do think we need a MVC & MVC2 port. I'm sure we'll get it at some point though. We need a disc version.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The lower SKU count is the interesting part here. Fewer but massive releases this fiscal year.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I thought we were talking about Mega Man games.

I doubt they'll revisit the MVC series through a legacy collection, if at all.
We've got classic, X, & Z/ZX. The only ones left are Battle Network, Star Force, & Legends. I could see Legends next but I don't see them doing Star Force before Battle Network. Or are you referring to a completely different franchise.
My point is that I don't think we'll get another Mega Man collection so soon after the Z/ZX collection. I do expect Battle Network to get a legacy collection eventually, just not in the immediate future. And like I said, we know that both Capcom & Marvel are still willing to negotiate considering that we got one cabinet for CotA/MSH/Punisher with another for MvC1/XvSF on the way.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Gotta be Monster Hunter + RE 8 doing the heavy lifting

Excited Capcom makes me excited

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

REmake 3 (3 SKUs)
RE8 (5 SKUs)
MH Switch (1 SKU)

That would easily account for the 10 million they're expecting from new titles, and SFVI having slipped into the next FY.
If RE3R does account for 3 of the SKUs, that would make sense.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
My point is that I don't think we'll get another Mega Man collection so soon after the Z/ZX collection. I do expect Battle Network to get a legacy collection eventually, just not in the immediate future. And like I said, we know that both Capcom & Marvel are still willing to negotiate considering that we got one cabinet for CotA/MSH/Punisher with another for MvC1/XvSF on the way.
That Battle Network collection could easily come February 2021 and that wouldn't be too close but yeah I get your point. I just don't expect anything that soon related to MVC, at least not this fiscal year.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
RE8 will probably be the only major title released from them this year (or just 1 major title with no/very few smaller titles). They expect only 10 millions to come from new games, and RE8 would already account for almost half that.

RE8 will release on current and next gen console so that's 6-7 skus accounted for. The rest will either be a bunch of smaller titles or just one major title releasing on next and current gen consoles.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That Battle Network collection could easily come February 2021 and that wouldn't be too close but yeah I get your point. I just don't expect anything that soon related to MVC, at least not this fiscal year.
I mean, stranger things have happened. But I feel like late 2020 would make sense for the non-MM legacy collection, with April 2021 or so being the time for a Battle Network collection (or collections, if they're split in two as you said).

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
This is the make or break year for MH on switch. If they don't release one or if it skips switch, it will be over imo.
Or we'll have to wait for Switch 2 to get mhw switch edition...

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
If we were to do the math with some of the games most expect...
  • Resident Evil 8: Village (5 SKUs)
    1. PS4
    2. PS5
    3. XB1
    4. XSX
    5. PC
  • Street Fighter VI (3 SKUs)
    1. PS5
    2. XSX
    3. PC
  • [Insert Legacy Collection Here] (4 SKUs)
    1. PS4
      • PS5 via BC
    2. XB1
      • XSX via BC
    3. Switch
    4. PC
That'd only leave room for one more SKU (my guess, Monster Hunter Switch). But if SFVI is indeed delayed a few months like Dusk Golem is expecting for one of the planned games, that'd open up 3 SKUs for something like Mega Man X9.

This is the most realistic scenario for me. They expect 10 million sales between these SKUs (the other 18 being catalog titles). RE8 being probably released in January, the rest for holiday season… I'd consider a Monster Hunter title a given IMO.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is the most realistic scenario for me. They expect 10 million sales between these SKUs (the other 18 being catalog titles). RE8 being probably released in January, the rest for holiday season… I'd consider a Monster Hunter title a given IMO.
But like I said, if the 13 is only for new games not already released, the only leaves one more SKU (MH Switch).

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Come on Capcom a new Megaman ZX3, MH Switch, Maximo 3 (yes I want a new Ghosts and Goblins 3D) and new Dead Rising please.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
This is the make or break year for MH on switch. If they don't release one or if it skips switch, it will be over imo.
Or we'll have to wait for Switch 2 to get mhw switch edition...
I mean, if nothing happens, we can at least bury the hope of portable Monster Hunter. I can live with World, it's great, but not gonna lie, I'd prefer a portable entry with the same QOL stuff and visual improvements (in other words: just better looking than MHGU, which is fine undocked, but looks really meh on the TV).

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man titles should be X9 and Battle Network Mobile. We also know of RE8 so that's 3 down.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

REmake 3 (3 SKUs)
RE8 (5 SKUs)
MH Switch (1 SKU)

This is smart.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

They would aim higher with a new MH title. The thing Capcom expects the most from is back catalogue sales for this fiscal year.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
You mean this FY? Like if they release SF6 and SFV on next gen, you think they'd be able to sell 4 million copies in total before April 2021? Cause if that's what you are saying then I have to disagree.

I think people who wanted SFV already have SFV and with PS5 being BC and the game already being available on PC, there is no reason for PS5 and PC players to fork up $60 for a new SKU of SFV when their game will be update with the balance patch and they'd be able to get whatever new content SFV Next Gen Edition has as DLC for their current version of SFV.

As for SFVI, after SFV and MvC:I, Capcom has to use some powerful dark magic to get people beyond their already established FGC fans to invest in that game day 1.

SFV has been selling close a million each FY. And SFVI can do 3m if it receives the same level of reception as RE2,DMC5...etc.

4m is possible , but its going to have to be an amazing title at launch. Not like how SFV was.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They would aim higher with a new MH title. The thing Capcom expects the most from is back catalogue sales for this fiscal year.

Forecasting record sales is already aiming pretty damn high, given our current economic uncertainty. I don't think they would do that if they weren't extremely confident in their software line-up, and yes, I think that includes a new MH game (not a World sequel).

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

REmake 3 (3 SKUs)
RE8 (5 SKUs)
MH Switch (1 SKU)

Why 4 SKUs for the colllection? Wouldnt that be 6? Switch, PS4, PS5, X1, XSX, PC?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure I understand the split of units

Am I misunderstanding it when it looks like they expect 18 out 28 million software is catalogue?
And only 3M sales in Japan?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why 4 SKUs for the colllection? Wouldnt that be 6? Switch, PS4, PS5, X1, XSX, PC?
PS4, XB1, Switch, & PC. I'd imagine that this collection will be released before the PS5 & XSX are out, to the point where Capcom may just opt for those games to be played on the next-gen systems via BC.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Forecasting record sales is already aiming pretty damn high, given our current economic uncertainty. I don't think they would do that if they weren't extremely confident in their software line-up, and yes, I think that includes a new MH game (not a World sequel).

I am talking about a World sequel. Isnt the record year still the one MHW released for new game sales? Seems like Capcom is expecting a lot from continous sales. I do agree with the idea a Switch MH would fit nicely here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
This has got to include a new Monster Hunter for Switch (in addition to something like RE8 that'll sell in the several millions). I don't think anything else will help push them to those kinds of total sales in a single year, but a Switch MH might considering everything sells like absolute insanity on that platform.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can one of these be a Battle Network Collection please?
Hell I'll take a 1-3 then 4-6

Please and thank you

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
That tweet isn't saying what you're saying it's saying. ZhugeEx is saying that there are multiple major titles including the already-released RE 3.

I don't doubt that RE8 is hitting this fiscal year but ZhugeEx isn't "confirming" it here.
Yes not a confirmation of the game rather that's their most likely big game to end this FY as it will take up 5 SKUs of their remaining 10

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The way he spoke of it, RE3R is likely accounting for 3 of the 13 games mentioned.

So yeah, if SFVI is coming next year, it's probably the game that got pushed to the next fiscal year (as Dusk Golem mentioned).