• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter V has barely sold 4 million now and base SFIV never hit that number at all.

RE8 is Early 2021 IIRC and those sales would be hard to hit in that time frame.

I can see RE8 shipping at least 5 million in couple of months which counts for this forecast.

My SFVI numbers are probably too optimistic unfortunately.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
So RE8,Fighting game, Prob some new Revival for next gen systems. Thats my prediction anyways. MH Switch i still don't think is happening but hey wildcard.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
My Guess

MH Switch and MHW sales - 11m
RE8,RE2,RE3,RE7 sales - 10m
SF6 and SF5 - 4m

All other Catalog titles and maybe new AA title like Megaman or Ace Attorney - 3m

After SFV and MvC:I they'd be lucky to do 2mil in this fiscal year, if they do release SFVI this FY ofc.

SF6 and SF5 ( with a PS5 re-release) sales can easily do 4 million tho. SF5 has been shipping a lot of units recently.

Am going to assume , SF6 is not going to be exclusive to next-gen. So it should be releasing to a pretty big userbase unlike SFV.

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess they're really confident in Deep Down, Breath of Seven, Capcom Fighter VI, Resident Evil Village, Devil May Cry V Special Edition.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow 13 SKUs.

Maybe they ported RE Engine for the Switch and will release RE7, RE2, RE3 and DMCV for it.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Is Resident Evil turning into a yearly franchise now?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I"m curious about the 13 SKUs. That counts multiplatform and I believe Capcom doesn't count PC/Digital Download as a SKU SO

RE3 (PS4, X1) - 2 SKUs
RE8 (Rumored PS4, X1, XSX, PS5) - 4 SKUs

That gives us 6, so what are the other 7?

Seems like something might be exclusive (If there are 3 titles left and 2 of those release on everything including switch)

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Monster hunter world 2 already? Cause I really can't see any other way they get to that amount

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
How many of these are classic compilations? Cuz i am down for more capcom classic goodness

Btw there was a trademark for a capcom arcade stadium according to gematsu.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I"m curious about the 13 SKUs. That counts multiplatform and I believe Capcom doesn't count PC/Digital Download as a SKU SO

RE3 (PS4, X1) - 2 SKUs
RE8 (Rumored PS4, X1, XSX, PS5) - 4 SKUs

That gives us 6, so what are the other 7?

Seems like something might be exclusive (If there are 3 titles left and 2 of those release on everything including switch)
RE3: PS4, XB1
RE8: PS4, XB1, PS5, XSX
SF6: PS5, XSX
MH: PS4, XB1, PS5, XSX
???: ???

or

MH: PS4, XB1, PS5, XSX, NSW

or

MH: NSW
???: PS4, XB1, PS5, XSX

Assuming that SF6 is next-gen exclusive because I'm lazy :P

Wait, does Xbox count as a single SKU because of smart delivery or will there still be separate SKUs for XB1 and XSX?

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Please be a new fighting game. Please also be a legacy collection of vs. titles. Maybe a new Final Fight to top it off.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
RIVAL SCHOOLS 3!

t1tDBSG.gif

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How many of these are classic compilations? Cuz i am down for more capcom classic goodness

Btw there was a trademark for a capcom arcade stadium according to gematsu.

Yep! "Capcom Arcade Stadium" was trademarked in the following countries:
Though if it's an arcade collection, it wouldn't fall into what Capcom defines as a "major" release. IIRC Mega Man 11 also wasn't a major release.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
I'm not sure what I want from Capcom. Battle Network or Legends collection? A Legends 3 would be amazing but I doubt Capcom would make that before releasing a new X game.

Breath of Fire would be amazing but I don't think Capcom is interested in that IP anymore. DMC 5 came out last year so I'm fine with DMC for a while. Dragon's Dogma 2 obviously is not coming for a while. I don't like fighting games or resident evil but I hope fans get what they want.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, Capcom is definitely working on 2 different fighting games. Also whatever Mega Man game that is coming will hit all platforms just like 11 did.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
SFVI will hit 1.5 million if they're lucky.

SFV may have hurt the the series but it's not beyond repair. It should actually be released on Xbox this time. Their target won't be too high but 3 million for the fiscal year is realistic and they should hit it if it's good.

Street Fighter V has barely sold 4 million now and base SFIV never hit that number at all.

SFV never had a Xbox release and FGs sells much better on console.

Base SF4 is a different story because every version is sold as a new SKU. When Super came out that pretty much kills sales is Vanilla. The cycle repeated with AE and then Ultra. SF4 would have easily sold much more if it was updated like SFV.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
A new Resident Evil is a lock, and I believe the next Monster Hunter will be multiplatform (including Switch) but with World as a base.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
-Monster Hunter Wolrd S(witch) - Fall
-Resident Evil 8 - Q1 2021
-A new Fighting game - Q1 2021
+ some legacy titles or remasters

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Am going to assume , SF6 is not going to be exclusive to next-gen. So it should be releasing to a pretty big userbase unlike SFV.
-Monster Hunter Wolrd S(witch) - Fall (NSW, 2 SKUs)
-Resident Evil 8 - Q1 2021 (PS4/PS5,XBO,XsX,PC, 5 SKUs)
-A new Fighting game - Q1 2021 (PS4/PS5,XBO,XsX,PC, 5 SKUs)
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Street Fighter VI is exclusively next-gen (though not console exclusive to PlayStation again, I'm thinking PS5/XSX/PC). The game will likely be supported for 4+ years, & I doubt that Capcom would want the game to be held back by the PS4 & XB1 for that long. RE8 is a different story, as it's most likely a single-player experience that supposedly spent most of its development as Revelations 3.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of amazing how based on that chart they keep releasing fewer and fewer titles every year and keep making more and more money.

Oct 26, 2017
If we're going to decipher what the next 13 SKUs could be, can someone explain what the 35 new SKUs were last year?!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I need that Battle Network collection, but Mega Man Legends remasters with proper analogue would also be fantastic.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I am really excited about the output of Capcom since I purchased and enjoyed all their recent releases.
But what is up with those SKU numbers? They went down from 61 to 35 to 13.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
SFV may have hurt the the series but it's not beyond repair. It should actually be released on Xbox this time. Their target won't be too high but 3 million for the fiscal year is realistic and they should hit it if it's good.

SFV never had a Xbox release and FGs sells much better on console.

Base SF4 is a different story because every version is sold as a new SKU. When Super came out that pretty much kills sales is Vanilla. The cycle repeated with AE and then Ultra. SF4 would have easily sold much more if it was updated like SFV.
We're talking about a few months of sales here, so Super and AE don't factor into the comparison.

We'll see if SF6 comes to Xbox and either way I'm expecting it to sell over time rather than having a strong start.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Given these numbers, I'm expecting MH "Next" that was hinted at.

As to where it lands - it could be for Switch (given the team that is apparently working on it), but since it is Capcom, I can see it ending up being a "next generation" game instead. After all, the "NXT" in the hint could have been hinting at the NX (Switch), but it could alternatively have been hinting at the "next" generation consoles.