• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who handles it better?

• Capcom

Votes: 120 50.6%
  • Inti Creates

Votes: 117 49.4%

• Total voters

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Capcom. Could never understand the extremely high praise for Inti's spike/insta-kill riddled level design. Never cared for the general artstyle of their games either, until Blaster Master Zero.

Oct 29, 2017
Aren't Inticreates mostly made up of people from Capcom who worked on the classic Mega Man/MMX games anyway?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Series ranked for me:

1. X
2. Classic
3. Zero
4. Legends
5. Battle Network
6. ZX
8. Starforce

Personal favorite MM platformers:

1. Mega Man 4
2. Mega Man X4
3. Mega Man 3
4. Mega Man X
5. Mega Man 2

I like elements of Zero a lot. The handling of Zero, the storyline, the new artstyle but disliked the overworld and found the back and forth wandering to be cumbersome. The difficulty balance is also really wonky and sometimes borders on unreasonable.

I hear that it's corrected in later games though?

Mega Man Battle Network is a game that I have a lot of nostalgia for. I love the battle system, the art design and the music but I found the stage design to be atrocious. Every long and thin isometric hallway looks the same and the random battles happen every few steps, making dungeons like Fireman's a really unpleasant experience.

Again I hear these issues are ammended in later games so I'll maybe I check out 2 or 3?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't Inti Creates former Capcom devs like Platinum and Tango Gameworks?
Yeah, Takuya Aizu and Yoshihisa Tsuda started at Capcom almost at the same time and left after three years with some other coworkers.

Both are flawed. Inti has never put out steaming Mega turds like X6, X7 and X8. On the flip side Inti often made baffling design choices. Like why don't I get my retries back in Z1? Why do I have to grind to use my power ups? Why is every thing tied to an arbitrary rank system? And who the fuck created the maps in ZX? The gba games have screen crunch so what does Inti do? How about rolling enemies that take multiple hits to destroy, punish you for dashing and come out of the blue seemingly at random? Why!?
Jump and down slash. You are never punished for dashing, but you are not supposed to stay on the ground all the time either. Enemy placement and level design in MMZ is extremely deliberate and well thought out. There is a reason most enemies die with a single jump slash or dash slash - or with one of the two + any other single attack.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really tough choice. I voted Inti but I voted with shame. Capcom is just soo soo close

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's hard for me to decide, because Capcom has the quantity and Inti has the quality. If Inti were to continue making Mega Man games, I bet they could surpass Capcom's games overall, though.

My favorite Mega Man is Mega Man 9, followed by Mega Man Zero 1. But the classic series overall is my favorite Mega Man series.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom.

That being said, Mega Man 9 is the best game in the entire series and y'all know it's true. So, I have big respect for Inti.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom.

That being said, Mega Man 9 is the best game in the entire series and y'all know it's true. So, I have big respect for Inti.

That is a funny ass joke

But if you are serious the random reversion of Megaman's abilities and then giving them back to a dlc character at the time is what is holding that game back from greatness.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a funny ass joke

But if you are serious the random reversion of Megaman's abilities and then giving them back to a dlc character at the time is what is holding that game back from greatness.
Bringing Mega Man's moveset back to basics is one of the main reasons I absolutely adore the game. So, that's not a flaw for me at all, it's actually a huge positive imo.

I genuinely consider MM9 to be a perfect video game.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
MM 1-5 and MMX are the tops for me.

Loved 9 as well, 10 not as much though it was still good.

Couldn't get into 11. At all.

Capcom may not be making MM games I want today, but the pedigree of the past puts them on top for me.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
That is a funny ass joke

The charge shot isn't really fun or interesting, so removing it is perfectly fine. The slide is a mild shame, but 9 is balanced around Mega Man's standard moveset enough that its removal doesn't really matter much.

Oct 25, 2017
That is a funny ass joke

MM9 was designed around no slide or mega buster which is fine, they were clearly going after that MM2 Nostalgia. It's an incredible game and just like other members have said in this thread, I easily consider it the best Mega Man game ever made. You don't miss those skills for a second because MM9 has the best set of weapons in the whole series as well, it's just too good.

It's perfect imo, it's the one game I can back to replay and finish in under an hour and never get sick of it. I consider it my favorite game of all time for a reason.

I could not care less about Proto Man or whatever DLC it had, and even then it was a 10 dollar game and now part of the collection with all the content included.

The only other Mega Man game that even comes close is Zero 3, another Inti game.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018
I'm still a Classic and X fan, and Capcom was responsible for most of those, so I'm going with them. That being said, Inti did a really good job with MM9, which is one of my favorites in the Classic series (MM10 wasn't as good, though).

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bringing Mega Man's moveset back to basics is one of the main reasons I absolutely adore the game. So, that's not a flaw for me at all, it's actually a huge positive imo.

I genuinely consider MM9 to be a perfect video game.
The charge shot isn't really fun or interesting, so removing it is perfectly fine. The slide is a mild shame, but 9 is balanced around Mega Man's standard moveset enough that its removal doesn't really matter much.
MM9 was designed around no slide or mega buster which is fine, they were clearly going after that MM2 Nostalgia. It's an incredible game and just like other members have said in this thread, I easily consider it the best Mega Man game ever made. You don't miss those skills for a second because MM9 has the best set of weapons in the whole series as well, it's just too good.

It's perfect imo, it's the one game I can back to replay and finish in under an hour and never get sick of it. I consider it my favorite game of all time for a reason.

I could not care less about Proto Man or whatever DLC it had, and even then it was a 10 dollar game and now part of the collection with all the content included.

The only other Mega Man game that even comes close is Zero 3, another Inti game.

*shrugs*

Honestly don't get you guys, Harkening back to MM2 is was a cool idea, but there was zero need to strip features away and walk back the graphics twice. MM9 and 10 truth be told felt like they were holding back the franchise IMO. I get wanting things to be boiled down to the basics but a good MM game shouldn't require to be just like MM 2 as far as options go. MM2 wasn't even the best of 1-8.

It's why I am so glad for 11's existence and it's Fantastic weapon selection and level design that was designed around weapon abuse without having to gimp any of Megaman's options or movements to keep the same level of fun and engagement.

Judging by your comments is probably clear you like 9 more than 11, but because of the above I think 11 walks all over 9 with extreme prejudice.

But that's just me.

Oct 25, 2017
Voting Capcom.

Their games are consistently better, starting with the Classic Series and the X Series at least up till X5.

Inti is also an AMAZING Mega Man developer, but the Zero series just cannot compare to the X Series (Except in plot). Mega Man 9 and 10 are masterpieces, though.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I love how over 200 votes exist and this poll is staying dead even to within a single vote on the poll. Testament to both groups they've handled the series in all its forms.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom. I like Inti but I feel like they rely too much on spikes or other instant death traps.

It's not a bad approach to game design but I'm not a fan of it. I like failure in games when it feels like the mistake was on me, while I get frustrated when I get hit / killed by things that come out of no where or leave little room for failure. Like in MM9 you can avoid every boss attack, however with the lack of a slide there are multiple boss attacks that require you to be moving before the attack even starts in order to get out of the way. This makes the game and fights more a matter of memorization imo, which again isn't bad design in itself, but not what I think of or look for in a Mega Man. It's why I hate fighting the Yellow Devil and all of its variants.

Oct 25, 2017
*shrugs*

Honestly don't get you guys, Harkening back to MM2 is was a cool idea, but there was zero need to strip features away and walk back the graphics twice. MM9 and 10 truth be told felt like they were holding back the franchise IMO. I get wanting things to be boiled down to the basics but a good MM game shouldn't require to be just like MM 2 as far as options go. MM2 wasn't even the best of 1-8.

It's why I am so glad for 11's existence and it's Fantastic weapon selection and level design that was designed around weapon abuse without having to gimp any of Megaman's options or movements to keep the same level of fun and engagement.

Judging by your comments is probably clear you like 9 more than 11, but because of the above I think 11 walks all over 9 with extreme prejudice.

But that's just me.

I don't really care that much about MM10, but MM9 was just a fantastic throwback and I love that it went back to NES graphics so that's obviously not a problem for me at all. It was incredible when it happened back in 2008 and I still hold the game as my favorite game of all time in 2020.

I did like MM11 a lot, but I feel like the Wily stages and bosses were pretty weak, it's like they ran out of money and time after making the main 8 stages. I'd probably rank 11 as my 3rd favorite game in the classic series after 9 and 4.

Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
In terms of quality Mega Man games, Capcom has:

- The whole Classic series
- The first half of the X series and X8
- The Legends series
- The Battle Network series, minus BN4
- Star Force 3, and sorta 2

While Inti has:

- The Zero series (minus Z1 somewhat as it's still good, but hasn't aged as well as the sequels)
- ZX and ZXA, though while these are great games I think they're significantly flawed structure-wise

So as much as I love the Zero series and, to a lesser degree, the ZX series, I think the clear winner here is Capcom.