• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who handles it better?

• Capcom

Votes: 120 50.6%
  • Inti Creates

Votes: 117 49.4%

• Total voters

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the tradititional Mega Man games this century have been made by Inti Creates.

Do you think they were the right choice for the franchise? Or do you feel Capcom should've just kept it in-house?

This is specifically looking at Mega Man, so ignore stuff like Gunvolt.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
The old capcom games are the best. MM2,3,4,MX1,3 are the best megaman games hands down imo.

I do still like the Zero/ZX games though, and MM9 is a jewel.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The Zero games are my favorite Megaman platformers, so I'll vote for Inti.

The original MM games hold a special place in my heart, but it's not *that* special.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I mean, the name of the company on the door means nothing. It's who the people are doing the development.

There's literally no way we can know if there's any connection between developers from yesteryear and today.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I mean Zero is arguably the best series, but I feel like mainline + X + Battle Network combined is just way too strong to not vote Capcom.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Zero and ZX are my favorite games to play over and over again. I love the approach Inti took.

Capcom's games are more hit and miss for me. I adore some (MM3, MM4, MM8, X1, X4) and am really meh on others (MM5, MM and Bass, X5).

They both make really good Mega Man games overall, for the most part. However, Inti has a better track record and the way the story flows from Z1 -> ZXA is amazing and gives them the edge for me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Inti is more consistent. The worst Inti MM games are still far better products than Capcom's worst internally developed MM games.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Most of the tradititional Mega Man games this century have been made by Inti Creates.

Do you think they were the right choice for the franchise? Or do you feel Capcom should've just kept it in-house?

This is specifically looking at Mega Man, so ignore stuff like Gunvolt.
If you want to add this to your OP it might be helpful:

Capcom developed:
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3**
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Mega Man X7
Mega Man X8
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2
Mega Man Battle Network
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3
Mega Man Battle Network 4
Mega Man Battle Network 5
Mega Man Battle Network 6
Mega Man Star Force
Mega Man Star Force 2
Mega Man Star Force 3
Mega Man 11

Inti Creates developed:
Mega Man: Battle Chip Challenge
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man ZX: Advent
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10

**MMX3 was designed by Inafune with the in-house Capcom team but much of the game design was sub-contracted to Minakuchi Engineering, who did the GameBoy games and Wily Wars on Sega Genesis/Megadrive.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
If you want to add this to your OP it might be helpful:

Capcom developed:
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Mega Man X7
Mega Man X8
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2
Mega Man Battle Network
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3
Mega Man Battle Network 4
Mega Man Battle Network 5
Mega Man Battle Network 6
Mega Man Star Force
Mega Man Star Force 2
Mega Man Star Force 3
Mega Man 11

Inti Creates developed:
Mega Man: Battle Chip Challenge
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man ZX: Advent
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Wasn't X3 outsourced?

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Inti Creates. I think the Mega Man Zero games are better than anything else in the series. I was also never able to get super into the X games. They're fine, but not many of them stand out for me and I've always found them sorta ugly aesthetically. I'd have much more faith in future Mega Man games if Inti Creates were developing, too.

I still haven't gotten into the Battle Network series. Maybe if I really like that series it could tip things back to Capcom, but I think Inti Creates has the better output before considering that series.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Inticreates had done an X game. I like their style of games but I don't like Zero over X.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Inti Creates made the Zero games which are the best especially lore wise in the entire Mega Man Franchise.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I think Mega Man 9 is the best game in the Classic series, so I guess that goes to Inti
The X series is my favorite and I would love to see what Inti's take on it would be
Zero is very good, but the rankings and cybereleves kinda annoy me instead of making me want to get better at the game
ZX is awesome and I would really love a ZX3 so....

It's basically a draw, but I have a mild preference for Capcom here

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Capcom probably wins it for me but Inti have made throwbacks on par with Sonic Mania with Mega Man 9 AND Bloodstained Curse of the Moon. 1 group pulling those two games off alone is really big for me.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom

When Initcreates do it they make certain things harder than it needs to be.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
What constitutes a "Capcom" Mega Man game is so broad that I think Inti Creates would fall under that banner just as much as any other dev group would. Weird question I think.

Last edited:

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The Zero series has really high highs but there's a real problem in the series (that gets better as it goes on, tbf) of the devs not respecting the limited screen real estate of the GBA and the game design suffering a bit due to this with blind jumps into spikes and enemies. The games also kneecap themselves with half baked systems like the cyber elves and obtuse forms.

Granted I haven't played the ZX games yet, but I've heard consistently awful things about the first game's navigation. Zero 3 is really damn good (and Zero 4 feels pretty solid three bosses in), but the overall series could have been better than it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Both are flawed. Inti has never put out steaming Mega turds like X6, X7 and X8. On the flip side Inti often made baffling design choices. Like why don't I get my retries back in Z1? Why do I have to grind to use my power ups? Why is every thing tied to an arbitrary rank system? And who the fuck created the maps in ZX? The gba games have screen crunch so what does Inti do? How about rolling enemies that take multiple hits to destroy, punish you for dashing and come out of the blue seemingly at random? Why!?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Mixed I guess. Classic Mega Man is my favorite gameplay style, most of them are Capcom including 11 though Inti did 9 and 10 which were good. Meanwhile the Zero games are better than most of the X games, except X1 and X4 are good.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
This is a tough one. Of course Capcom has all the classics and X's but also some duds or even outright mediocre/bad games. Inti Creates has a smaller but better track record in my opinion, I mean, Megaman Zero is the best MM series to date.. Gotta go with Inti Creates for this one, by a hair.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Aren't Inti Creates former Capcom devs like Platinum and Tango Gameworks?
Yes, the founders of Inti Creates were ten or so people who left Capcom in the late 90s to make their own company. Back then, Capcom would reshuffle staff between every game project, but the Inti Creates founders wanted to work as part of a consistent team with each other. Between them, they probably worked on several of the early Mega Man and X games.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Inti Creates was formed by former Capcom staff, most of whom worked on Mega Man games while they were at Capcom. There is a really blurry line in trying to distinguish the two.

Anyways, after the formation of Inti Creates the general quality of non-Inti Creates Mega Man games began to diminish, whereas Inti Creates' own Mega Man games were always pretty good. In other words, it wasn't Inti Creates that made horrors like X7 or Battle Network 4, so they at least can claim to be more consistent.

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Battle Network, Star Force, and Legends shouldn't be considered for this, just the platformer titles.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Let's put it this way, the only Megaman games I actually put money to get are the inticreates ones.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Capcom made Battle Network. So Capcom wins.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man 9 is a brilliant realization of classic MM. None of the actual NES games can really match up to it. Based on that alone I'm inclined to vote Inti Creates. The Zero games are overall more consistent and higher-quality than either the classic or X series too, even if they have their own issues.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I prefer the Capcom games. Playing through Mega Man 9 and 10, and through the Zero games again now have made it all the more clear how much Inti Creates loves using spikes as a means for difficulty level design-wise, which I don't really care for.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Zero is better than X and MM9 is better than every other classic game besides 2.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Zero is arguably the best series, but I feel like mainline + X + Battle Network combined is just way too strong to not vote Capcom.
Mainline X includes X6 and X7 though.

Having revisited the MMX and MMZ/ZX Legacy Collections over the last few weeks, I'm coming around to the Zero/ZX Inticreates side.

vala

Oct 25, 2017
Inti staff also worked on X2, X3, 7 & 8
Also, the Zero/ ZX series were co-directed by Yoshinori Kawano (from Capcom, who also directed the Legends series) and 9-10 were co-directed by Hayato Tsuru (Capcom)
X5 to X8 were mostly outsourced. Same with the Xtreme games.

Last edited:

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I've only played the first Zero game, but it was right up there with the Mega Man and Mega Man X series for me.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Zero, 9 and 10 are better than X and 1-8. I don't really care for gunvolt though.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inti has a very good consistency in their games and I really appreciate that. However I think the Capcom of the old days made the best games the Mega Man series offered so far, the four first X games and the NES MM entries are excellent.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I don't really like the zero series, but MM9 & 10 and ZX & ZX: A are better than MM11 at least. I'd take the X series over all of them though.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MM9 and 10 are amazing but come on, it's Capcom by a wide margin.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Inti staff also worked on X2, X3, 7 & 8
Also, the Zero/ ZX series were co-directed by Yoshinori Kawano (from Capcom, who also directed the Legends series) and 9-10 were co-directed by Hayato Tsuru (Capcom)
X5 to X8 were mostly outsourced. Same with the Xtreme games.

Yep. And this is where it gets tricky, for me. You can't really "divorce" the Capcom elements from the Inti Rockman games, imo, as they make up a critical part of what made those games what they are, for both good or ill.

On the other hand, I tried to like Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst, but they never "felt quite right" to me, compared to the games that clearly had some element of Capcom oversight or involvement. It was clearly the "Capcom DNA" that made the difference, for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man 9 and Mega Man Zero 3 are the best Mega Man games, so I have to go with Inti for this one.

I do have to mention that MM2, MM3, MM4, X1, and X4 are incredible games as well, but Inti is in another tier.

I need Inti to make ZX3 so badly.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tough to say. Inti does 2D Mega Man better. But the other MM style games make up for it.

Top 5 MM games:

1. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man Legends 2
3. Mega Man Battle Network 3
4. Mega Man Zero 3
5. Mega Man Zero 2

Series ranked:

1. Legends
2. Zero
3. Battle Network
4. X
5. Classic