• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
A friend of mine said pretty much the same thing when I linked her the tweet.

Screw Nemesis and Wesker. It's Lady Dimitrescu and Wide Chris for the next Versus game.

Who knew all it took to make Chris not look boring was strech him on the x axis and give him a peacoat.

1ab

Oct 25, 2017
search for resident evil village on amazon and youll get a lot of lady dimitrescu and not a lot of resident evil village
a bit unexpected when searching for the game

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I remember twitter being super horny for a female villain, it was Ragyo. People (with sense) changed their tune eventually, because ... reasons. Capcom probably has a lot more tact than Trigger, but that's all this situation reminds me of.

Canonically, Dimitrescu and her teleporting spawn run a psycho-bloodletting-torture-dungeon-murder-castle (for decades ???) and she kills you at the end of the demo. Different strokes, but fuck all of that tbh.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
9'6.

Jesus Christ, I thought people were overembelishing when they said she was tall.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
What's the chance that she is only a lackey and will most likely be killed by Ethan before even the halfway point?

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Nope, it was still called Resident Evil 7: biohazard and had the VII nested in the logo. This still has the VIII in the logo, but it's only called Resident Evil Village.

Not on the game case. It's just Resident Evil: Biohazard. The digital game title has 7 inserted. But nothing else does.

EDIT: Might be just an Australian thing, but here's a link https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/ps4/247128-resident-evil-7-biohazard-gold-edition-preowned

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Not on the game case. It's just Resident Evil: Biohazard. The digital game title has 7 inserted. But nothing else does.
The VII, as I said, is in the logo itself, just like Village. It's still called Resident Evil 7.

Hell, in Japanese, it even has an Arabic 7 in the Biohazard name.

latest

It's called Resident Evil 7.

They dropped the number from the title of Resident Evil Village, while keeping the VIII highlighted in the logo to denote that it is still the 8th main entry in the series.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I was lauging the other day thinking that they must be kicking themselves for not putting this tall lady's figurine into the Collector's edition of the game, instead of Chris. I really don't think they expected this kind of popularity.
The downside to doing that is they wouldn't have been able to make her figure in-scale with the previous CE figures without jacking the already high price of the RE8 CE up even more.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
The VII, as I said, is in the logo itself, just like Village. It's still called Resident Evil 7.

Hell, in Japanese, it even has an Arabic 7 in the Biohazard name.

latest

It's called Resident Evil 7.

They dropped the number from the title of Resident Evil Village, while keeping the VIII highlighted in the logo to denote that it is still the 8th main entry in the series.

And I'm saying that they did this with 7. I linked you a picture of the case. There's no 7 on it. Just like village, it has the number in Roman numerals.

My original question was didn't they do this with 7? And it looks like they did. The game case is just Resident Evil: Biohazard. The game case for village will be Resident Evil: Village.

How is it different?

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
And I'm saying that they did this with 7. I linked you a picture of the case. There's no 7 on it. Just like village, it has the number in Roman numerals.

My original question was didn't they do this with 7? And it looks like they did. The game case is just Resident Evil: Biohazard. The game case for village will be Resident Evil: Village.

How is it different?
One is called Resident Evil 7 and one is called Resident Evil Village.

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville, Kentucky
Y'all are really arguing about whether or not the game has the number 8 in its listing on PSN or Steam.

This is pointless semantic nitpicking. It has the same naming scheme with the highlighted number in the subtitle as 7, it's clearly considered Resident Evil 8 whether or not the arabic numeral 8 is printed on the spine of the game case. It's fine for people to call it RE8, and people will continue to do so.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
They did the same with 7 didn't they?

Yeah, but they also listed it as Resident Evil 7 in its actual name, too. Officially, it's called Resident Evil 7: biohazard (outside Japan, obviously). This one is just called Resident Evil Village. Yes, it's RE8 canonically and they highlight the VIII in the subtitle, but I'm just talking about how it's officially written and listed on storefronts and stuff.

RE7 (listed as Resident Evil 7: biohazard): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA03962_00-BH70000000000001

RE8 (it is listed as just RE Village and not RE 8 Village): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-PPSA01556_00-VILLAGEFULLGAMEX

That's all I was talking about.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Is there a YouTube video that breaks down these virus strains of RE? Like seriously now there are vampires? I thought Resident evil was about Zombies. As you can tell I don't play the games and I'm so out of the loop. Also, some of the pictures here are fricken hilarious.