• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly had they built a naomi setup for mvc2 and a few other titles it would've likely been a bigger deal. All the Chinese things that get pumped out lack those and those attempting dreamcast emulation suffer slowdown often for mvc2 and naomi type stuff.

It would've filled a niche in the market and drawn in some folks from that market away from the competition. Sorry I said CPS 3 earlier before the edit. Tired and forgot jojo and warzard are on many bootleg things but not naomi and mvc2 and such.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I see a lot of 'It's for collectors' type posts...but is it really? Are collectors really going to appreciate a giant-ass corporate logo as a controller? If I buy collectables, I want them to be of characters/items/artwork of the things I like, not a big hunk of plastic in the shape of the company's logo. I want a Freddy glove, not a plastic model of the New Line Cinema logo. They could've easily made this look a lot classier. I kind of get the thinking of making it harder to clone a design like that but does that really offset the potential lost sales of making it look this tacky?

A giant Capcom Logo that's a pair of playable arcade sticks is literally exactly what a collector would want

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly had they built a cps3 setup for mvc2 and a few other titles it would've likely been a bigger deal. All the Chinese things that get pumped out lack those and those attempting dreamcast emulation suffer slowdown often for mvc2 and cps3 type stuff.

It would've filled a niche in the market and drawn in some folks from that market away from the competition.

It would have required them to do something other than the bare minimum to get the games running

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Damn...now I'm hoping for an official naomi stick like this lol. A true arcade perfect mvc2 finally without dreamcasts.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
I would buy a second digital collection in a heartbeat, but tieing it to 230€ worth of hardware is sheer madness. What were they smoking?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Sanwa parts and Capgod hubris with a giant fucking logo controller. God is it excellent that their back, its been boring without em.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I really like the concept (good idea going with high-quality arcade parts rather than another standard plug-and-play) and the games lineup, but, whew, that is some unfortunate industrial design. Not in my house.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly had they built a naomi setup for mvc2 and a few other titles it would've likely been a bigger deal. All the Chinese things that get pumped out lack those and those attempting dreamcast emulation suffer slowdown often for mvc2 and naomi type stuff.

It would've filled a niche in the market and drawn in some folks from that market away from the competition. Sorry I said CPS 3 earlier before the edit. Tired and forgot jojo and warzard are on many bootleg things but not naomi and mvc2 and such.
This stick has Final Burn Alpha as emulator. So it also can emulate CPS3 games like SF3, Warzard or Jojo but (if I don't mistake) not Naomi/DC.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): Advocating piracy, history of similar behavior.
What an incredibly awful concept execution.

Honestly, most of those games are something you'll play once, for a few minutes, then never again.

The hacking comunity could have saved this if it weren't for that awful logo-design.

Mega Man: The Power Battle?!

GODFUCKING DAMNIT I don't need to spend $200 rn.
No, you don't. Download FB Alpha.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
This stick has Final Burn Alpha as emulator. So it also can emulate CPS3 games like SF3, Warzard or Jojo but (if I don't mistake) not Naomi/DC.
That is correct. Cps3 CPS 2 ...that stuffs been emulating for ages. The naomi stuff was the thing folks never got to run well on single board computers or in many cases on PC in general without tweaking a lot.

China has been trying to expand their market interest with 3d titles in these areas but with no clear solid performance emulator for many of those titles it's kind of trapped them to the era of games before all that on their stick products. If you see 3d on a pandora or something it's likely using PSP emulation or dreamcast stuff which is laggy.

It's why a naomi stick from Capcom would win out a market niche. Cost could get steep though. Youd essentially have to shove a dreamcast in each one.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean those are decent games, but that stick is a) huge so I wouldn't have anywhere to put it b) terrible to look at and c) way too expensive.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
So we're gunna pretend as if Capcom didn't just pay a license fee to Fox/Disney in order for them to officially release Alien vs Predator (for the first time ever) on some ugly ass Android device. Tru...

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we're gunna pretend as if Capcom didn't just pay a license fee to Fox/Disney in order for them to officially release Alien vs Predator (for the first time ever) on some ugly ass Android device. Tru...
It's really weird when they also opted for the worst Darsktalkers game and didn't even bother with SFA or 3.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cross posting from retro game boards because I really hate this thing:

The logo shape really is the controller. Incredible how bad this is. It's like a narcissist from Capcom designed the input device. I didn't even know it was possible to do such a thing. Then it got approved and made, and the company is complicit in such an atrocious looking thing existing.

They should make a new game to go with it where you play as the logo and need to kill enemies that are also the logo. Every level in the game will also be shaped like the logo. But they should also make sure to show the logo when starting the game just in case you forgot who made it. Then they should also show the logo under the logo so that you're certain about who made the logo.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
First re-release of Alien Versus Fucking Predator is tied to this fucking shit.

Capcom is trolling THE FUCK out of me right now. I've been praying to see this game again for decades. Like damn what a gut punch.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly love the look of it, but that price is way to steep for me, even with Sanwa parts.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with everyone WTH were they thinking making it a capcom shape? Are you gonna hang it on your wall???

They should of just used a rectangle shape with printed Capcom logo on it. I'm fine with price, its like $100 for Sanwa stuff already.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
This is the dumbest fucking thing.

It's expensive, ugly, and freaking ginormous.
Imagine lugging that POS out every time you wanted to play Progear or Alien Vs Predator.

What a cruel joke.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I'd accept the 200 if they had at least 3 times the number of built-in titles. If it uses Final Burn Alpha, I don't see how it would cost that much to add extra roms of their own.

The license costs I understand, but wouldn't it be easier now that a ton of the licenses(Marvel, Aliens) are owned by Disney?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Collectors of Capcom/arcade memorabilia. I find the design tacky, but the people complaining about the price have never bought an arcade stick in their life.

I've purchased plenty of arcade sticks (too many really) and the price is an issue. If I'm going to spend $200 on a stick it's going to have exactly the parts I want inside, and it's not going to be that monstrosity.

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
Guys I found a leaked rendering of the PS5! Looks like Sony was taking notes from Capcom.

1qeZHoq.png

(Made it on my lunch break)

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Game selection besides AVP and a few others is pretty meh.

At the very least I would expect Super Turbo and an Alpha title as one of the games.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Collectors of Capcom/arcade memorabilia. I find the design tacky, but the people complaining about the price have never bought an arcade stick in their life.

I fully understand why the build of this is so expensive (I own an expensive joystick myself) but the selection of games - which for many of us is the impetus for buying this - is a joke, even with AvP as a teaser carrot.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I still keep looking at thing and wonder how this design got greenlit. It's so mind-bogglingly bad.
Even if you had a giant Capcom logo printed on the base, that's one thing. Having it shaped like the letters with all the odd edges, especially on 2P side looks terrible for comfort.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
You can build your own stick with a raspberry pi for about $120.