• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was your favourite Capcom announcement these past three E3s?

• Resident Evil 7

Votes: 100 17.8%
  • Monster Hunter: World

Votes: 108 19.2%
  • Devil May Cry 5

Votes: 167 29.7%
  • Resident Evil 2

Votes: 187 33.3%

• Total voters

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I hope they announce some ports for the Switch.

Not sure what else i would like thats not a fighting game besides good dlc DMC 5

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I love all of them, but nothing will ever top RE7's sheer surprise and awe at its reveal.
Honestly between the four, it's a toss-up between RE7 and MHW for me. On some days I'll lean towards MHW and on others it'll be RE7.

The RE7 reveal was absolutely nuts though, like god damn.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned it in another thread but I'm really curious what they have up their sleeves for this E3 given how they've been the last couple years. I'd be surprised if their biggest drop this year was Iceborne.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Can't disagree about last E3, at least. DMC5 reveal was somewhat expected but not during the MS conference and still way more hype than I thought it'd be. I must've watched that trailer 50 times, not since the E3s of the PS2/Gamecube days had I done that.

MHWorld ended up being great but at the time I was really worried about it since the old 'leak' implied they'd be throwing out the old combat system in favor of mashy garbage. And the reveal trailer showed almost no actual combat, just new traversal and environmental stuff. On top of that, MHXX for Switch was nowhere to be seen. I ended up delaying my plans to get a Switch until the end of the year because of that. Thankfully everything worked out but I hope they improve their messaging for future MH announcements.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
They are all great reveals and even better than that, great games too. But ''carried E3 on their back'' is a stretch IMO. Just search for the reveal trailers for the games you mentioned and other big stuff from E3 like Halo: Infinite and DOOM Eternal, and compare to the views of these Capcom games. You'll notice how there's way more interest and hype all around in those other games

I'll give you this though, they do know how to please their hardcore fanbase with reveals better than any other publisher right now

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
And wait until the Microsoft press conference this year kicks off with

capcom presents

MARVEL COMICS

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

capcom presents

MARVEL COMICS
giphy.gif

certified GOATs of this gen at that point breh

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Resident Evil 2 announcement was nothing short of a religious experience and single-handedly saved Sony's conference

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Definitely, OP. Besides Smash, DMC5 was my game of E3 2018 (& thankfully, the final game delivered).

So what you're saying is...Street Fighter 6 at E3?

capcom presents

MARVEL COMICS
certified GOATs of this gen at that point breh
I'm still guessing RE3 Remake and MVC4 this E3. Loved the double team of RE2 and DMC5 last year.
Naw. They're saying it's Mahvel time baybe
I doubt that we'll see any new Capcom fighter until after the next-gen systems drop. There's no point in releasing a fighting game that Capcom will support for years near the end of the PS4 & XB1's lives.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I think we got another year of fighting gamelessness . I'm ready to buckledown

I'm interested to see what they have this year though

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never been into DMC or Resident Evil so I can't say I agree, really. Much of what makes Capcom, Capcom to me, is the sheer variety they would put out. I was more into their smaller IPs and experimental titles, which are largely gone. And their current strategy is large AAA scale projects and re-releases of back catalog games.

I mean, I can't be the only one that thinks Okami is next right? It's time!
Unless something changed at Capcom, I'd say no. They were planning to make a true sequel with Kamiya onboard but then Capcom got cold feet when the CEO of Platinum announced their departure.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Never been into DMC or Resident Evil so I can't say I agree, really. Much of what makes Capcom, Capcom to me, is the sheer variety they would put out. I was more into their smaller IPs and experimental titles, which are largely gone. And their current strategy is large AAA scale projects and re-releases of back catalog games.

Unless something changed at Capcom, I'd say no. They were planning to make a true sequel with Kamiya onboard but then Capcom got cold feet when the CEO of Platinum announced their departure.
Yeah I seen some videos on YouTube about that buuuuut weren't there tweets with Kamiya hanging out with Capcom people recently? Couldn't that mean that it was back on?

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Capcom's been killing it. Their games are by far my most played ones. RE2, MM11 + collections, DMC5, and MHW.. The only one that remains is DD2.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I love what they are doing, but the Capcom i knew use to do a ton of original and crazy over the top new franchises. I miss how experimental they were with their games. Its crazy that with the new and ever increasing game budget, that developers are a bit scared to try a new franchise.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Close to the end of the gen or not, I feel like a new fighting game announcement is inevitable.

So a new fighting game and Onimusha. Watch.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I can't imagine anything that could even come close to topping the surprise of the Resident Evil 7 announcement. It builds and builds to the very last moment and if you didn't know about Kitchen beforehand, you'd never even know it was a Capcom game.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
will be interesting to see what they announce at ms conference this year

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly between the four, it's a toss-up between RE7 and MHW for me. On some days I'll lean towards MHW and on others it'll be RE7.

The RE7 reveal was absolutely nuts though, like god damn.
The only thing pushing it over the edge for me was MonHunWorld had some leaks and lead up expectation(and still wrecked peoples shit at reveal)

But with Re7, there was like nothing, and the entire trailer was a "huh???" Right up until the 7 appeared.

Theyve all got such great reveals though

Oct 28, 2017
RE7 was the best out of left field holy shit moment. The thing about RE2 was that yes I lost my shit at the trailer, but it was a reveal I was expecting and just waiting for.

I remember the RE7 reveal so well. Oh a first person horror game for VR this should be pretty cool I like the look of this RESIDENT EVIL WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
DMC 5 was video game love reawakening for me. But yeah Capcom for me are in the Fromsoftware camp for me in which I will be happy if they do whatever they want.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
What are your hopes for this year's big 'Capcom E3 Game'?
*Screen is black*

CAPCOM PRESENTS

*Female voice*
"We never finished our trilogy, babe! You think everyone forgot about us?"

PLATINUMGAMES INC.

*Male voice*
"Us? The greatest heroes of all time? Never!"

"HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!"

VIEWTIFUL JOE 3

*In my dreams :(

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Has to be DMC5 or RE7... Both were something I didn't really expect. DMC5 after years of "DMC5 going to be revealed at 'x' event" and RE7 going back to the roots and being a highlight game of VR.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 was unbelievable. Never would have thought capcom would be pushing out leading games this gen. Keep em coming, I have no idea what they would do next besides RE3.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
RE7 was special because it came out of nowhere. Attending the E3 Experience was worth it just for that moment. The excitement in the theater was intoxicating.