• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What was your favourite Capcom announcement these past three E3s?

• Resident Evil 7

Votes: 100 17.8%
  • Monster Hunter: World

Votes: 108 19.2%
  • Devil May Cry 5

Votes: 167 29.7%
  • Resident Evil 2

Votes: 187 33.3%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
resident-evil-7-dlc.jpg

ResidentEvil2_2019_Review_01.jpg

We've had some pretty cool announcements these past few E3s but in retrospect, the announcements that always pop into mind when I think of E3 2016, 2017 and E3 2018 have been Capcom titles. From the absolute mindfuck that was the Resident Evil 7 reveal + demo shadow drop

To showcasing Monster Hunter's triumphant return to home consoles

And the 2018 double whammy that was Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2

It seems they've really been hitting their stride. It's doubly impressive too when you remember that games like God of War, Spidey, Horizon, Cyberpunk, Sekiro etc have been shown off at these events yet Capcom manage to steal the show every time. I think it goes beyond just the announcements themselves though, but seeing all the reaction videos, people getting the games they want to see etc is amazing. Helps that the games actually turned out really well.

I wouldn't even call myself a Capcom fan or whatever but it's gotten to the point that whenever I think about the next E3, I'm eagerly anticipating their next reveal. I swear, I'll lose my shit if they suddenly drop Mega Man Legends 3 in Nintendo's E3 direct.

Since 2016, their announcements have always been the most memorable ones (imo). What about you Era? Do you feel the same way? What are your hopes for this year's big 'Capcom E3 Game'?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't disagree more. I guess RE2 was cool and Monster Hunter was neat, but everything else was nowhere close to impressive to me.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Funny enough the Dragons Dogma anime will also carry Netflix through the end of the year. Kidding. But really though. Its time to spin up the Dogma 2 train and that Iceborne hype.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Couldn't care less about any of those to be honest.

The rest of the games you listed were infinitely more hype.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe they carried the Sony conference the last two years. Wouldn't say all of E3s
Nah, these past three E3s would be way worse off without any of these games getting announced. That speaks to how meh these conferences have been overall if Capcom can just roll in and steal the show.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Remake 3 is really releasing early 2020 then they will probably announce it at E3.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're about to carry it again when they reveal Viewtiful Joe 3 this year

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I had to vote for Resident Evil 2 Remake. Beyond Resident Evil 3 Remake, I have no idea what they could announce at this year's E3. Mega Man X9 maybe?

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It seems they've really been hitting their stride. It's doubly impressive too when you remember that games like God of War, Spidey, Horizon, Cyberpunk, Sekiro etc have been shown off at these events yet Capcom manage to steal the show every time. I think it goes beyond just the announcements themselves though, but seeing all the reaction videos, people getting the games they want to see etc is amazing. Helps that the games actually turned out really well.

Uhm no, they didn't.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Nothing beats the DMC 5 announcement for me and I consider Resident Evil my favorite currently active series. The trailer just starts right and being on the MS stage with Itsuno being able to come out after just meant so much more than "We got a new RE"

Cian

One Winged Slayer
Feb 17, 2018
The moment I heard the magic words "Pull My Devil Trigger" my life had been irrevocably changed for the better.

What a feel good moment that reveal was.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Monster Hunter World was an amazing game. I don't care about and have no desire to play any Resident Evil Games,as I actively hate them. I just have no interested in Devil May Cry.

If Capcom announces a Mega Man Legends game, Dragons Dogma 2, new Onimusha, or A Power Stone I'd be hyped.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Those RE7 reactions were amazing lol. That was a great announcement!

Still not sure who Aunt Rhody is tho

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Really pleased at the overall spread of the votes. Capcom has done a pretty great job this gen. Really looking forward to next gen.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DmC2 as an neXtBox/PC exclusive (due to MS owning Ninja Theory) would make this E3 particularly awesome, IMO. That said, I don't think Capcom's announcements these past few E3s were that earth shattering, God of War's announcement, for instance, was way more impactful.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Street Fighter 6
Dragons Dogma 2
Lost Planet reboot.

that is all, capcom

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom should try do games more akin to Zack and WIki. Or just port it, I really want try it lol In a Crash/Spyro post-world, I think it can work.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ehh...I suppose if Capcom games are literally all you care about.
Yeah that's the thing though

I like their games but don't have any particular attachment to them as a whole but their showings at E3 have just been super captivating. I liked the God of War reveal at E3 2016 but I couldn't help but have that insanely well done RE7 reveal at the back of my mind the entire event.

Same deal with MHW when it was shown off, it basically just cast a huge shadow on the entire event as far as I'm concerned.

Sekiro was dope to see at Microsoft's conference but as soon as DMC5 showed up, it was literally the only game at that conference I could care about. Yes, even after Cyberpunk was re-revealed.

I think this is a testament to how much they've done to incite confidence from their fans after their rough start at the beginning of the decade.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that the Resident Evil 2 reveal definitely carried Sony's rather weird 2018 conference. The others, while great, didn't really carry the conferences they were in.

DMC's was definitely my favourite of the lot though.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Onimusha or Dino Crisis getting a revival would be really, really great.

As the generation ends, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a slightly more conservative play - Resident Evil 3 and DMC5SE - and wouldn't be mad about getting those things either.