• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Exe size down from 500ish mb to just 130.

6EzYxbd.png

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Sweet. Is it worth it to get the special edition with the live action cutscenes? I skipped the GMG deal because I thought I'd want them.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good to hear, though I think about a year is the time Capcom waits before removing Denuvo.

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom usually removes Denuvo from their games when they're done updating them or DLC support ended.

MHW won't get it removed anytime soon.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Now remove it from MH:World ✊

(Yes, I know it won't happen for some time, let a man dream)

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, but are they gonna fix not being able to buy the Deluxe upgrade?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Interested to see what performance increases will be, if any.
Hope they fix HDR implementation at some point too. Maxing out the brightness was still too dark in HDR mode.

Nice, but are they gonna fix not being able to buy the Deluxe upgrade?

That's a good point ha. I think I eventually got impatient and just managed to buy the Deluxe edition again since I got it for very cheap, but annoyed I essentially rewarded capcom for being either incompetent or maliciousness if their aim was to make people buy it twice.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I hope we get credible performance tests on the same hardware to finally nail down whatever impact Denuvo has on games.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I hope we get credible performance tests on the same hardware to finally nail down whatever impact Denuvo has on games.
www.resetera.com

Denuvo-less .exe for Devil May Cry 5 leaked, performance improvements noted (up to 20FPS boost in performance, or over 20%)

This happened shortly, and a user on the steam community posted a guide for how to download the .exe through the Steam console. THIS IS *ONLY* THE .EXE, NOT THE ACTUAL GAME. BUY THE GAME: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1676142248 JUST TO STRESS, THIS IS ONLY A WAY TO...

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
www.resetera.com

Denuvo-less .exe for Devil May Cry 5 leaked, performance improvements noted (up to 20FPS boost in performance, or over 20%)

This happened shortly, and a user on the steam community posted a guide for how to download the .exe through the Steam console. THIS IS *ONLY* THE .EXE, NOT THE ACTUAL GAME. BUY THE GAME: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1676142248 JUST TO STRESS, THIS IS ONLY A WAY TO...

if only you read the thread to the end.
Tech power up did detailed testing and found the difference to be negligible for DMC 5 in a controlled test.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

" Similarly to Resident Evil 2 Remake, Capcom has removed the Denuvo anti-tamper tech from Devil May Cry 5. As such, PC gamers who have boycotted the game – due to Denuvo – can go ahead and purchase it now.

Funny thing is that pirates had access to a Denuvo-free version of the game since March 2019. Steam owners could also download and use a Denuvo-free executable version, though Capcom disabled this after a while.

Devil May Cry 5 was one of the most optimized PC games of 2019. Still, Denuvo had a negative impact on the game's performance. So yeah, we are kind of happy that Capcom has decided to completely removed it.

As always, Steam will download the game's latest update the next time you launch its client."

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I had downloaded it before they added Denuvo in and did some testing. Performance was indeed better without it in this case. Glad to see it removed.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Finally. Fucking Duenvo.
Absurd it was even left in so long.
Talk about punishing paying customers.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it'd be ideal if Denuvo was never there at all, but I am glad that Capcom's policy seems to always be to remove it after the initial year of sales

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It winds me the fuck up that all this anti piracy crap does is punish paying customers.
Pirates don't have to fucking worry.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
I really shouldn't but I will give Capcom props for at least removing it from their fucking games. Unlike other companies which just tend to never remove it at all or care to.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, now they have time to patch in Bloody Palace (and campaign) coop.
Please?
Unfortunately usually when Capcom patches out Denuvo from their games, that means the game has hit the end of it's primary lifetime, IE it's going to stop receiving updates or support. For both RE7 and RE2 at least the patch that removes Denuvo is the last patch they roll out for the game.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Unfortunately usually when Capcom patches out Denuvo from their games, that means the game has hit the end of it's primary lifetime, IE it's going to stop receiving updates or support. For both RE7 and RE2 at least the patch that removes Denuvo is the last patch they roll out for the game.
This is always what I figured since I imagine Denovo is more of mitigation against the initial wave of piracy rather than a lifetime solution.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

Sad Dante Noises

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm past the point of caring about the game, but I'm glad that they did. Maybe ship without it or remove it in a timely manner next time, and I'd have bought it.
There are too many others which still have Denuvo and will probably never remove it; e.g. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I hate that they never bothered to fix the mouse input in RE2. Capcom tend to release relatively good ports, but at terrible at supporting them and patching what issues they do have.

Nov 28, 2017
Capcom (and most big pubs) should start publishing their latest AAA titles across multiple storefronts on PC, and not just steam.

REmake 2 and DMC5 are perfect candidates for a GOG release, and there's a sizeable "NO GOG? NO BUY!" community who'll wait an eternity for their favorite titles to arrive there. So far there's only Dragon's Dogma and (an inferior) SF Alpha 2, over there.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom (and most big pubs) should start publishing their latest AAA titles across multiple storefronts on PC, and not just steam.

REmake 2 and DMC5 are perfect candidates for a GOG release, and there's a sizeable "NO GOG? NO BUY!" community who'll wait an eternity for their favorite titles to arrive there. So far there's only Dragon's Dogma and (an inferior) SF Alpha 2, over there.

I'm not sure the "NO GOG? NO BUY!" community is really sizeable though. I'm actually pretty sure it's not.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
People expecting performance incredible are going to be disappointed. Will help in loading times though