• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
google-stadia-games-2-26z8.jpg

Current List of Games: https://www.androidauthority.com/google-stadia-games-list-995367/

So at the Stadia reveal earlier this year announced that Capcom, EA, and R* would be supporting the platform. However, there still hasn't been any word on what that support will be.
With Rockstar, the current rumor is that GTA5 will be exclusively streaming on Stadia. Which I would assume leads into RDR2 if the PC port ends up happening sooner than later.
With EA things get a little big murkier as they're already testing their own streaming service. However, it could be they just haven't decided on the route to take. As seen above, looks like EA Sports would be the first label hitting the system.

Capcom however is who i'm mostly interested in talking about. We recently had a thread about the 19 million they received from an unknown provider. Most assumed it was related to DMC5 coming to Gamepass, but there's still a chance it could be for something else. I bring this up since today Capcom announced Shinsekai: into the depths for Apple Arcade. Which begs the question, could there be more planned for Stadia from capcom rather than just ports? I feel the likes of say DMC5 and RE2 coming to Stadia wouldn't need to be something kept under wraps this long after-all.

EDIT: R* confirmed RDR2 will be on Stadia

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still want an attempt at running a fighting game tournament on the Stadia. I just want to see the attempt

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
capcom: devil kings 2

ea: bejeweled royale

rockstar: manhunt origins

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Resident Evil 4 is the most obvious I can think about from Capcom. There are more ports to this game than conseles that it could be ported to somehow. Possibly all other RE titles on PC (I'd love to see the classics there as well). But I don't expect anything new.

I don't expect nothing new from any of them really. Most shocking thing I can think of is RDR2 being a timed exclusive.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not sure if EA will bring anything since they want to have their own streaming service. I'm surprised Capcom hasn't announced Stadia ports for RE2/RE7 and MHW. Seems like a no-brainer to me to get their two biggest franchises on Stadia at launch.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
EA will put put FIFA on literally everything that can run it, so FIFA 20XX is an obvious pick.

GTAV can't stop printing money, so why not put it on Stadia?

And Capcom can just port RE4 and 5 for the 200,000th time.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar is RDR2, announced right around the PC announcement. Probably GTA V too.

Capcom is probably pretty much their entire recent PC catalog.

EA is a bit harder to predict, but I'd guess bare minimum their sports titles.

FinalDasa

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Ports.
EA will toss in FIFA and Madden. Rockstar would love some more people roaming in their microtransaction paradise called GTAV. Capcom could toss in Monster Hunter or some Resident Evils.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will be RDR2 but they aren't saying anything yet because RDR2 on Stadia essentially confirms a PC version. They probably need to do that first.

Nov 21, 2017
I would get stadia in a heartbeat if RE2 was on it. Haven't played it yet, and don't currently have access to anything capable of playing it

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
A good portion of my time spent playing MHW: Iceborne for review was actually over PS4 remote play, and it worked surprisingly well. I could see Capcom launching MHW on there.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
With the launch only a month away, the only publisher to confirm a game on the platform has been R* with RDR2. There's still no word from Capcom or EA.
Starting to wonder if they just said they would support it but with no actual commitment to do so.

pcigre

Aug 19, 2019
I think that EA will not only publish games on Stadia but they will also offer their subscription there as soon as they have ported enough games. I guess that once they figure out porting their Frostbite engine to work with Vulkan they will mass port many games. Who knows, maybe I am wrong, we will see.

pcigre

Aug 19, 2019
Don't have handy links but couple financial reports from publishers show "strange" money incomes to confirmed Stadia publishers. Also Glyt and OMD3 devs openly said it.

There were couple tweets on Japanese with partial financial reports too. I'm sure we will see more of those reports once new financial sums came to public.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's really all that comparable to Wii and Wii U hesitation. Those consoles had unique form factors and were much weaker than industry standards tech wise. And so they tended to require unique games (or constrained versions of multiplatform ones). It's got to be much easier and quicker to develop for something like the Stadia. Especially when you add in this is a digital only license, so they don't have to deal with retail in general or resale.

I think, after the official launch, we'll probably be seeing mostly contemparary titles, with versions released alongside their normal versions, where the Stadia version doesn't need extra marketing like an old port would. So I'd bet on say, Iceborne launching around the same time as the PC version.