• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Hard disagree. They've already worn Phoenix down to the bone for where they can take storylines involving him. He's had 6 games (7 including vs layton). It's the right time to move the series on from him and have a entirely new player character and cast.
Oh, I don't want a game around Phoenix.
I want the focus to still be on Athena, Apollo and Trucy, even if they need yo come up with new sidekicks, because they still have loose ends from Apollo Justice.
It was hard enough that Dual Destines moved away from Apollo and tried to juggle a new character along Phoenix's comeback and Apollo's past, so we had to wait until Spirit of Justice to get some focus back, at the cost of Athena simply being there for the ride. If they added a new character in that setting again I don't think there's any way to juggle it that would make sense as a story.

If it was a COMPLETELY new cast I'd be down if done right, but isn't it what GAA tried to do?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Klavier only purpose in court is to tell you what you already figured out before phoenix can say it in game. He's as antagonistic as Maya. Nahyuta is pretty bad and second worst prosecutor but at least he tries to do his job
I always liked that Klavier was helpful in trials. He is working with the defense to reach the truth like an actual prosecutor should lol

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I always liked that Klavier was helpful in trials. He is working with the defense to reach the truth like an actual prosecutor should lol

Yeah, given AJ's slightly darker vibe and uncovering the corruption that pervades the justice system, it was quite refreshing that it turned out the one character you could rely on to seek the truth was actually the prosecutor this time. He didn't need to be evil-turned-good, he was already a decent person. Somewhat hampered what they could do with his character development though.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In before it's just a second collection and we get the next game adapted into an anime for Spring or Fall 2021.

...honestly I'd be okay with that, weirdly enough.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I've pretty much accepted that my dreams for this series are never going to happen, mostly because they involve retconning AA6. I mostly just want Shu Takumi to work on something new at this point, preferably something relatively small in scale since I think that would help reinvoke the feeling of the original trilogy. I recently played through Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 and then subsequently replayed Justice For All, (as just kind of a random pick for an older game since I hadn't played it in a long time) and while DGS2 ends up doing a lot of really interesting things and taking the characters in great places, man is JFA just paced so much better. That game has zero court sequences that go on for a second longer than they need to.
Yeah, nothing they've made after AA3 has given me the same level of enjoyment as AA1-3. I can still replay those games, which I do yearly, and I still think they're amazingly made and introduce so many complex characters. I really hope the next game keeps the cases more...grounded.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
when I was there last year they also had one iirc. And there was no new game announced

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Realism is the last thing i expect from AA games to be honest. A "helpful" prosecutor doesnt bring the entertaining value a bastard one can bring, i'd take winning von karma any day than "clashing" with Klavier. And Klavier "help" was always over player agency, it was stuff you already knew but you couldnt say before him just for a "h-haha damn that prosecutor is always one step ahead us!"

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It will probably be anything other than AA7, like:

- The 507th remake/remaster of the trilogy with more games included
- Only AA4-6 remastered trilogy
- Something else nobody cares about

:(

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for them to announce the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the Series X/PS5.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It will probably be anything other than AA7, like:

- The 507th remake/remaster of the trilogy with more games included
- Only AA4-6 remastered trilogy
- Something else nobody cares about

:(

I'd be ecstatic for a remastered trilogy of AA4-6 and eventually an AAI1-2 remaster. Obviously I love the original trilogy but people need to experience the latter games as well.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'd be down with a 4-5-6 remaster, tbh.

And also bring back Franziska and Gumshoe. I need to know that they're ok.
Confirmation that Gumshoe isn't just living in a cardboard box somewhere would be nice. I'd like to imagine he retired and like, Edgeworth pulled strings to get him a half decent retirement package or something.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Confirmation that Gumshoe isn't just living in a cardboard box somewhere would be nice. I'd like to imagine he retired and like, Edgeworth pulled strings to get him a half decent retirement package or something.

I mean AA6 at least indicated Phoenix was still in contact with him. Whether or not he's still a detective depends on how you interpret Edgeworth's threat to cut his salary.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
AA4, 5 and 6 please. I've to play the last 2. Lost my 3DS several years ago and I didn't really feel like buying games digitally on Nintendo platforms back then.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
ARE WE GETTING A NEW ACE ATTORNEY??

PLEASE CAPCOM IT'S TIME

psspspspspss c'mere phoenix

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
Realism is the last thing i expect from AA games to be honest. A "helpful" prosecutor doesnt bring the entertaining value a bastard one can bring, i'd take winning von karma any day than "clashing" with Klavier. And Klavier "help" was always over player agency, it was stuff you already knew but you couldnt say before him just for a "h-haha damn that prosecutor is always one step ahead us!"

This is actually my least favourite part about Apollo Justice, it happened constantly. Were they afraid of making him seem weak/incompetent? Edgeworth has been caught off-guard by Phoenix (and his own witnesses lol) countless times, yet I doubt you'll find anyone who sees him as a useless joke character.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Merch is up
sub1-83.jpg

Name Price
ā‘  Clear file惻惻惻500 yen + tax
ā‘” Trading acrylic key chain惻惻惻800 yen + tax each