• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I would've been mad if they didn't get to season 5 lol, just due to the prominence of V throughout the game.
I don't know why people are so insistent on them moving straight onto SF6 though. SFIV had a period of like just under 3 years after AE2012 with nothing, until Ultra released in Q3 2014.
At this point I see them going through to next Feb for the 5 years of support, then release SF6 in 2022/early 2023.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
e68e0c74caa3c180d748d7a747853a4de23d2b8d.gifv

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I guess that means they're releasing another complete edition too?
I know some people (including probably you in this case) are wording things this way to make it sound bad, but Champion Edition was a very appealing value proposition considering its price. Plus, more content (especially new characters in a fighting game) to hold us over for one more year given the current situation can only be great news. I really hope this "Wasn't CE supposed to have everything?" won't be the new common pointless complaint we'll see in every SFV thread now.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I just remembered that Kira tweet where he said Rose, Sean, Hugo and a new character called D were in the works. He was seemingly implying they were for SF6 but maybe they're a part of this new season

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Aww I was hoping for a SF6 reveal when they do a PS5 showcase. I guess that's very unlikely now.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would've been mad if they didn't get to season 5 lol, just due to the prominence of V throughout the game.
I don't know why people are so insistent on them moving straight onto SF6 though. SFIV had a period of like just under 3 years after AE2012 with nothing, until Ultra released in Q3 2014.
At this point I see them going through to next Feb for the 5 years of support, then release SF6 in 2022/early 2023.
Five years, five seasons, fortyFIVE characters.

It was written in the stars.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I know some people (including probably you in this case) are wording things this way to make it sound bad, but Champion Edition was a very appealing value proposition considering its price. Plus, more content (especially new characters in a fighting game) to hold us over for one more year given the current situation can only be great news. I really hope this "Wasn't CE supposed to have everything?" won't be the new common pointless complaint we'll see in every SFV thread now.
Champion Edition was very appealing, yes. But it doesn't have everything anymore unlike how it was marketed.
I don't see an issue in saying that when that's the truth.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can I get a physical release with everything on the disc? Pretty please? Either way, totally in for more content. The last few characters were a blast and there's still several I want in the game. Can't wait to see who they end up adding.

That was supposed to be Champion Edition but now Champion Edition no longer has all of the content on disc anymore. Kinda betraying how Capcom marketed it as the last or only SF V purchase you'd ever need to make

Yay new content but now there's no longer a complete retail version

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That was supposed to be Champion Edition but now Champion Edition no longer has all of the content on disc anymore. Kinda betraying how Capcom marketed it as the last or only SF V purchase you'd ever need to make

CE was never that. It was the base game with DLC codes. So this time, assuming its really it, I'd hope for a retail release... or something. I don't really care in the long run, I don't think I even own a complete copy of Ultra SFIV either if such a retail copy exists...

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Youre missing my point. Its illogical to get mad on new optional content when it doesnt affect what you already bought. Pretend it doesnt exists and it changes literally nothing on your purchase.

I'm not mad, where am I mad? Slight annoyance doesn't = mad

Hell I'm going to buy it anyway, but Capcom marketed Champion Edition as the final version of the game

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Champion Edition was very appealing, yes. But it doesn't have everything anymore unlike how it was marketed.
I don't see an issue in saying that when that's the truth.
Because that's ignoring context and wording things to make them sound bad when they're actually good news. How is more characters in a fighting game exactly bad news? The game is getting support for one more season. I seriously don't see the issue, and CE was supposed to have almost everything released up until a certain point, they were very clear that.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
kinda surprised we are getting a few more characters, Seth really felt like the final character. really interested to see who they pick for these final 5

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anywhere Capcom officially stated that Champion Edition would be the final version of the game other than people assuming it would be?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
street fighter 5 getting a 5th season consisting of 5 characters

i'm convinced it was greenlit entirely so they could do exactly this

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they will be easy to make characters like Decapre or something a bit more complex. The COVID situation makes things more interesting.

Anyway, time for Peter the Cop's time to shine.

latest

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You could pretend this new content doesnt exist if that makes you happier, it litterally does not make product you bought worse in any way.

I understand the sentiment but since this is a fighting game new characters usually means there will be a rebalancing of some sort. Your character might eat nerfs and from that point of view it would be worse

And if he wants to stay up and up with the changes he will HAVE to get it in order to not be left behind. Kinda like the fighters pass for smash where Chances are I'm only going to like one or two of the characters but I still end up having to buy the pass so I can practice fighting those other characters in the Lab.

I think it's justified to at least be annoyed at this. Especially if you waited till all that stuff was done to buy the game, only for Capcom to be like lol have super turbo 2 final 9 for like the third time in a row.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Guy
Dudley
Makoto
Rose
Akira (Rival Schools)

RS needs some attention, and I think she'd be perfect.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, time to shit on Capcom for *checks notes* ...continuing to support their fighting game with more content...

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can you tell me where in the marketing they said that?

Is there anywhere Capcom officially stated that Champion Edition would be the final version of the game other than people assuming it would be?

People have been reading Neoxon say it for 6 months and just started to believe it was a fact.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Poison was a very late addition to SF4 and she still appeared in SF5, so it doesn't mean a character added here is excluded from 6.