• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone worried about length, I've heard its the longest RE Engine Resident Evil game, it'll be a bit longer than RE7. I specifically was told it'd be a "couple hours" longer than RE7, but play time is so subjective just the more accurate thing to say is it'll be a bit longer than RE7.

Let's hope it isn't front-loaded like 7. Keep some of the cool stuff for later on and such.

Anyway, this actually sounds more like 30 minutes of actual gameplay so I'll take it. Need to see some action.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
My hope for the game is that it is a bit more open. I don't mean full open world, but more stuff like the Police station in 2 and less the straight line from 4,5 and 6.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, the trailers so far have not done a great job of showing this game off.

Some raw lengthy footage will do it some good.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

Apr 19, 2018
This will either squash those PS5 dev rumors or show that its true its running sloppy.

I haven't been keeping up about it, but what exactly were these rumors?

I only saw hints of what this might be about over at the Digital Foundry thread, with the comments of how developers are finding it easy to develop on PS5, but Capcom has said otherwise, thus explaining the rather rough looking performance of the game so far. Was this something Dusk mentioned or something?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

I only saw hints of what this might be about over at the Digital Foundry thread, with the comments of how developers are finding it easy to develop on PS5, but Capcom has said otherwise, thus explaining the rather rough looking performance of the game so far. Was this something Dusk mentioned or something?
Currently the PS5 version of RE8 is having some problems, but it will be sorted by release as I keep on saying. But why I bring it up is the issues is making them debate if they should step-down some decisions for the next-gen focus and make the game cross-gen (it was cross-gen at the start of this year), or push through to take advantage of next-gen hardware, especially with loading for specific things the game wants to do.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

PS5 version is supposedly suffering a lot of dev issues and Capcom are considering cutting back on some planned stuff to fix it. We don't know if it's true or not but the first trailer was filled with frame drops and the second trailer was a pretty scenic one with only one intensive shot (that also had frame drops).

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Dusk on the last showcase from Sony, RE8 trailer had that weird part of a little girl running around in a weird environment. Looked straight out of Coraline animated movie (lol). Is that in the final game or at least is that a renmant of the game that was before it turned into RE8 thats been shown to us?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk on the last showcase from Sony, RE8 trailer had that weird part of a little girl running around in a weird environment. Looked straight out of Coraline animated movie (lol). Is that in the final game or at least is that a renmant of the game that was before it turned into RE8 thats been shown to us?
It's the
game's opening cutscene when Mia reads a local fairytale to her daughter, Rose.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This presentation is not two hours.

Here is your schedule of Resident Evil Village events at TGS 2020 Online:

Capcom said:
September 27
  • 21:40 JST – Resident Evil Village Presentation (Translated) – In this first segment, we will welcome the development team and bring you the untold stories behind the development of Resident Evil Village and the latest info on the Resident Evil series! Featuring Tsuyoshi Kanda (producer) and Peter Fabiano (producer).
  • 22:10 JST – Resident Evil Village Guest Talk Segment – In this second segment, we will welcome special guest Eiko Kano for a guest talk segment!
Where to Watch

The Guest Talk Segment ends by 22:40, meaning the entirety of the Resident Evil Village Presentation + Guest Talk Segment is no more than an hour---30 minutes each if there are no breaks in between.

Capcom will also host "Capcom Special Program" on September 25 at 23:00 JST, where it will have "announcements featuring Resident Evil Village and more!" You can watch that on YouTube.

Also, please use my TGS schedule as it's very handy and accurate: https://www.gematsu.com/event/tokyo-game-show-2020-online

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Nice!!
Can we expect more info about the franchise in general and not only 8?
Next year is the 25th anniversary, it would be great to have at least other game, like Mercenaries... please?

Apr 19, 2018
Currently the PS5 version of RE8 is having some problems, but it will be sorted by release as I keep on saying. But why I bring it up is the issues is making them debate if they should step-down some decisions for the next-gen focus and make the game cross-gen (it was cross-gen at the start of this year), or push through to take advantage of next-gen hardware, especially with loading for specific things the game wants to do.

PS5 version is supposedly suffering a lot of dev issues and Capcom are considering cutting back on some planned stuff to fix it. We don't know if it's true or not but the first trailer was filled with frame drops and the second trailer was a pretty scenic one with only one intensive shot (that also had frame drops).

Thanks for the explanation! I went back and saw your Twitter post, Dusk, and it does clarify the situation further.

I wonder if the game in its completed current-gen state was running as well as the likes of RE7, RE2R and RE3R.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Although the controls would save you some time, the difference rest elsewhere. You can finish classic RE1-3 and the REmake 1 and 2 in under 2 hours. That's true enough. But it takes planning. It takes knowledge of puzzles and paths and enemies. You can't just brute force it. In REmake 3 you can, because the RE formula is barely there. You get a key and open a door and that's it. To finish it quickly all you have to do is run fast.

Honestly i remember original RE3 not really being that different in that regard.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Funny people went to RE3 but I was thinking of RE7 and how short it felt. Hopefully there's a bit more meat this time.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
2 hours? Jeez, you can clear RE3make and still have time left over

RE3make was on sale on Steam and I cleared it over the weekend and goddamn, what a game with minimal presence. As soon as the credits rolled not a single though about it lingered in my head and I had zero compulsion to replay any part of it.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
YESSS!! BRING IT ON!!! The reveal trailer was cool because it was a reveal trailer, but the last one wasn't very hot.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
This presentation is not two hours.

Here is your schedule of Resident Evil Village events at TGS 2020 Online:

The Guest Talk Segment ends by 22:40, meaning the entirety of the Resident Evil Village Presentation + Guest Talk Segment is no more than an hour---30 minutes each if there are no breaks in between.

Capcom will also host "Capcom Special Program" on September 25 at 23:00 JST, where it will have "announcements featuring Resident Evil Village and more!" You can watch that on YouTube.

Also, please use my TGS schedule as it's very handy and accurate: https://www.gematsu.com/event/tokyo-game-show-2020-online

Okay, thanks of the head's up. So where does the two hours come from? The "Special Program" is about an hour, and the RE8 showcase is 40 ish, so is it just those to added together?

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
For anyone worried about length, I've heard its the longest RE Engine Resident Evil game, it'll be a bit longer than RE7. I specifically was told it'd be a "couple hours" longer than RE7, but play time is so subjective just the more accurate thing to say is it'll be a bit longer than RE7.

I'm curious, have you heard of anything in regards to a VR option similar to what they did with 7? I assumed with them sticking to first person, that they intend to add this option again.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, thanks of the head's up. So where does the two hours come from? The "Special Program" is about an hour, and the RE8 showcase is 40 ish, so is it just those to added together?

Probably bad math? The article only talks about the Presentation + Guest Segment, which total about 30 minutes each, and nothing about the Special Program (which I imagine will cover all of Capcom's lineup).