• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Capcom release more new titles on Switch (outside of the announced ones)?

• Capcom is fully onboard with the Switch now! New titles galore! (10+)

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Capcom will release a decent number of new titles for the platform going forward (~5-9)

Votes: 76 28.9%
  • Capcom may release a couple new titles for the platform going forward (~2-3 games)

Votes: 156 59.3%
  • Capcom won't release any more new titles for Switch after these 2 MH games. One-off occurrence.

Votes: 17 6.5%

• Total voters

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Up until this point, Capcom hadn't released any new games for the Switch except for Megaman 11. Instead they had been porting their legacy catalog to the platform. Finally, after a long time, Capcom announced two new titles coming to Switch (Monster Hunter Rise & Monster Hunter Stories 2), and as far as I can tell, they're both exclusive to the platform too.

It's pretty clear Capcom is also on board with PS5/XSX (RE8 as an example), but do you feel these announcements indicate a change in Capcom's attitude towards the Switch or do you see as a one-off occurrence?

I personally think it might signal a slight change, so I could see a couple more new titles releasing for Switch in the next couple of years. Probably also MH related if anything.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think we'll get a few titles from Capcom on the Switch, but most of their efforts will likely be for next-gen (RE8, RE4R, SFVI, Itsuno's next game, MH6/W2, the inevitable next Versus game, etc.). My guesses for future Switch games from Capcom are more Mega Man games & RE Revelations 3 (plus whatever Legacy Collections they put out).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Another RE Engine title is rumoured to be in development, so that's 3. I bet they'll do some more Megaman as well, so 4. I can see at least one more title for Switch, so I'd vote for the 5-9 region.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Don't think there will be so many that are "truly" exclusive. But should see a few more things that are like MM11 & Onimusha HD where they come to all platforms

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
with RE engine now supported on the system, i think we're gonna see a lot more from capcom. we know of at least one more title being made with RE engine for switch, i don't see them stopping there.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
with RE engine now supported on the system, i think we're gonna see a lot more from capcom. we know of at least one more title being made with RE engine for switch, i don't see them stopping there.
Even with the Switch now having RE Engine support, the power gap between it & the new systems is VAST. And I don't see, say, the fighting game team doing a Switch-specific Street Fighter game.

I guess one idea is that maybe they could do Nintendo vs. Capcom using MvCI's Active Tag system, while the next-gen Versus game can be the more traditional 3v3 w/ assists battle system.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Capcom's back!!!!!!!

5 big games.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It looks like Capcom's business model for Switch is ad hoc projects and catalogue sales.

I think we are likely to see a couple of Switch exclusive titles and various ports/collections yearly for a couple of years.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they made that Capcom vs Tezuka game, right now is only an art exhibition but is such a great idea.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll see a decent amount of content. Highly doubt they would port and customize a whole engine for the system just for the sake of 2-3 games.

Oct 26, 2017
Another RE Engine title is rumoured to be in development, so that's 3. I bet they'll do some more Megaman as well, so 4. I can see at least one more title for Switch, so I'd vote for the 5-9 region.
I'm betting it's I believe Dusk Golem once said to be RE Revelations 3 or something. He said a Switch-exclusive Resident Evil game was planned but I can't remember if he said it got canned. It's super sensible for the second RE Engine game to be a RE game as all RE Engine games but DMC5 and now MHR (and that new IP coming up) were RE games.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think new Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, or Street Fighter games will come to Switch. I think Capcom is going to continue their strategy of pushing graphical limits on these series, and aren't going to bother building downgraded versions for the Switch.

Monster Hunter will likely continue its strategy of parallel console/portable lines. There might be one more game before Switch's time is up, or maybe not.

The next new Mega Man game will be on Switch. I think there is at least one in the works. Possibly two but I wouldn't bet on that.

Aside from that, what else does Capcom have? They don't really do very many IPs these days.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im gonna be optimistic. monsterhunter is huge and it will sell gangbusters so capcom will try to capitalize

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Mostly I think this bodes well for next gen Switch I expect Capcom to be fully on board from the start there.

But I also feel they are gonna start becoming a real supporter going forward - 2 confirmed Monster Hunter games, their biggest franchise, and Dusk Golem saying there's more RE engine games coming to Switch basically confirms that they consider Switch viable platform.

Maybe with the addition of Switch they will get back to develop smaller games like AA, Ghost Trick, Breath of Fire and such franchises again.. would be cool to see.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i want to believe, but i can't

my traumatised eyes still see a monter hunter rail shooter in the horizon if Rise sells well

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I think we will get a MH expansion, a new Mega Man game and some sort of Resident Evil game (Revelations 3?). And of course more ports.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even with the Switch now having RE Engine support, the power gap between it & the new systems is VAST. And I don't see, say, the fighting game team doing a Switch-specific Street Fighter game.

I guess one idea is that maybe they could do Nintendo vs. Capcom using MvCI's Active Tag system, while the next-gen Versus game can be the more traditional 3v3 w/ assists battle system.
i know, but i think they still can make some games with switch in mind and then port them to other systems. a new RE revelations, a new ace attorney, new game from shu takumi, perhaps a new okami

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
I can see them releasing some more ports (DMC 4 probably). And in terms of new games I think they might follow some of their well known series: a new Mega Man (X maybe), a new Ace Attorney… And then, a Revelations 3 based on the (Switch) RE Engine, but with editions on the rest of platforms is likely IMO.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
New Megaman for sure, then Switch might also get a new Ace Attorney(if it happens) and the rumored RE engine game.

Rest will be ports.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie the phantom pain is real. When I saw that after the Capcom announcements the direct was still going I had the passing thought of legends 3. And when the word Moon popped up in the ori announcement I thought it was going to happen.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not sure how much more Capcom support we will get. RE8 and Pragmata have been announced for next gen, then there's highly speculated or rumored games like RE4 Remake, SFVI, and MHW2. Just seems like their pipeline is full of next gen games.

That said, I think they obviously should greenlight more games targeting the Switch given the inevitable financial success they're going to have with MH on the platform.

Oct 26, 2017
They only release around 3 new titles a year, so I don't think anyone should be expecting a deluge.
Beyond 2021 there could be a 'Revelations' game, a Mega Man game, and maybe a fighting game eventually. Not including ports of older titles or iterations of MH Rise.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
4 more RE Engine titles
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 3
  • Sengoku Basara 5
  • Mega Man Legends 3
  • Osamu Tezuka Vs. Capcom

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
I'm not very optimistic to be honest. Maybe one or two original games for the rest of Switch lifecycle (the next three-four years), probably only MH or RE spin-off, and some poorly done/minimal effort ports as usual.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Nintendo is not getting DMC6, SF6, RE8 or Marvel vs Capcom, MHW2.

But besides what has already been announced I could see something like the below:

-Megaman
-Ace Attorney
-RE spinoff
-Ports/Remasters