• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
EdTGqlG.jpg

So I'm trying to get Uncharted 4 from Plus.

I don'w own the game, but I played it with a bluray disc when a friend lend me his copy years ago.

I'm trying to purchase the game and I can't because apparently I own some kind of in-game currency I don't even know how I got.

Fix this shit Sony.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
> Go to Store on PC
> Log in
> Click on your avatar
> Downloads List
> Scroll down and find Uncharted 4
> Download

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried it on the console? I already own the game and it worked fine for me.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's so weird that currency is making you think you own the game. They really need to work on their system. Not being able to buy games that receive discounts way later b/c you previously got it for free on PS+ or you are on a subscription service, EA Access/PSNow, really sucks. They should also make it more in-line with steam where you can buy bundled items for a greater discount if you own some part of the bundle.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Got the same issue as OP. Not that big of an issue here since I own it physically but still weird that I can't even "buy" it digitally.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Neither Uncharted 4 nor Dirt Rally 2.0 are showing up as free in the PS Store (I don't own either). I don't think it has anything to do with the virtual currency, I think the free PS Plus release is just delayed a bit.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Neither Uncharted 4 nor Dirt Rally 2.0 are showing up as free in the PS Store (I don't own either). I don't think it has anything to do with the virtual currency, I think the free PS Plus release is just delayed a bit.

Just got Dirt Rally for free but UC4 says it's unavailable because I already own multiplayer currency.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Same, can't add it to cart because of a multiplayer currency i had no idea i owned( for a mode i never played )
(Dirt 2.0 is fine)

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
If you have the game installed already then uninstall it, the exact same thing happened to me when i repurchased BF1 that i had on disc already installed.

Uninstall the disc version and try again.

edit

Just seen the Multiplayer currency posts so the above maybe useless but it may still be worth a try.

OP
OP
YuSuzzune

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018

USF

Oct 28, 2017
From your console's library go to the game's addons folder and see if the purchase/download option appears there

Last edited:

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
I own it on disc and had it uninstalled. Woke up yesterday and it magically redownloaded the digital lol

Must be some kinks they gotta work out for the delivery of it. It was at the front of my games list and it had me like wtf lol

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Can you tweet PS support and ask them to remove the licence for the multiplayer currency?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Shows up as free (gratis), but with "not available for purchase" right below it. I only own a physical copy which hasn't been installed since I finished playing it right after release. Same with Lost Legacy.

JuWYVxd.png-b32c-7dbf7b2a6e76

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, same for me. Never bought any currency in the physical version (did play loads of it though), but only the multiplayer segment is downloadable in my Library.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Shows up as free (gratis), but with "not available for purchase" right below it. I only own a physical copy which hasn't been installed since I finished playing it right after release. Same with Lost Legacy.

Same here, it says that the game is unavaible to purchase. What the hell.

ntinosaur

Oct 27, 2017
For me, instead of saying it's free, it had a "add to library" button.
I went to the library through the psn store, then chose ps plus games and there it was. I'm downloading it now.

Is this the regular way of getting the games ? Because if my memory serves me well, Shadow of the colossus last month had "free" button.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

And in the PS+ section, can you click here to add directly to your cart ?

t6YhLqx.png

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Does the game show up in PS+ library on your PS4 ?

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it just went live. I'd give it a day.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Mine still shows the March games. I'll have to wait till the store updates today.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was able to add to cart and checkout. It comes up with the same error as OP but I can download the game from my download list.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, it says free for me but when I add it to cart, it's ÂŁ15.99 in the cart.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got the same problem here.

"Tried to purchase U4 again and I can't even select it. It says "You are not able to purchase for the following reasons: You already own: Uncharted 4 Multiplayer currency" This is some BS. So just because I've bought digital coins for the multiplayer years ago, I can't own the game again? Not even for free? That's total BS.

My friend has the same problem but I don't think she bought anything digitally (skins, coins etc) Seems like an error on their end. "

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This system continues to be an absolute joke.

It wouldn't let me play Persona 5 via PS Now on my PC without deleting my saves because I had once downloaded a piece of free cosmetic DLC on my PS4. lol

Jun 1, 2018
It says free but when im at checkout it shows me the price i have to pay for uncharted?! dirt 2.0 is free but uncharted is not? wtf sony

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I just checked and yes I'm in the same boat. I don't even remember buying in game currency...

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
Workaround for Uncharted 4.

Go to library, then Playstation Plus. Should be able to download from there.

Worked for me and several others.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Happening the same with me. I own the disc but was trying to add it to my PSN library. I get the same error.
Portuguese Playstore

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Damn ! I don't know then, maybe try via mobile website of Store, it worked for a friend
Sony really need to change their system

I have tried on Mobile, PC and PS4. Same shit everywhere..

I think it has something to do with the digital version .. I have the disc version.. and this is the message I get

5jmrcRz.png

The store probably isn't completely updated yet.. seen lots of people on twitter having the same problems.

Goldenhen

Oct 27, 2017
Sydney
I have the same problem on ANZ store. i'm guessing it's because I used to own disc copy.

EDIT: Nevermind I just tested it now and it's working.