• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Jean-Luc Picard
Nov 8, 2018
Dublin, Ireland

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If you're in a bind..
use the screen grab tool.

Hit the windows button and type "snipping tool"

Can crop whatever you need. Paste into photo shop/Gmail whever. Or just save it.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just do shift+Windows+s

this is god's truth- you don't even have to copy it goes straight into the cache. Initially I was mad that snipping tool was going the way of that one version of Windows Movie Maker that was amazing for editing video. Or Zune software which was like iTunes but f iTunes didn't use 300% cpu and demand that you create a baroque library system to copy one song to your MP3 player.

but the new capture feature is the That One Version of Windows Movie Maker and Zune of taking screenshots.

since we're asking dumb questions- is there a way to copy more than one thing into a secondary paste cache? Like say I want to copy two separate sentences could I like ctrl -c one and shift-ctrl -c a second?

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
For saving directly to the screenshots folder you need to do Win+PrtScr. Screen should fade a bit if it registers.

But yeah, Shift+Win+S is your friend.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I've never run into this problem that I can think of.

Yes, Snipping tool is great when you're on the desktop, trying to screencap part of a browser window, for instance. But not that handy when you're in-game trying to take screenshots (depending on if game uses Print Screen or not). Steam at least has its own key binding for screenshots, and some non-steam games/launchers let you customize it.

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
this is god's truth- you don't even have to copy it goes straight into the cache. Initially I was mad that snipping tool was going the way of that one version of Windows Movie Maker that was amazing for editing video. Or Zune software which was like iTunes but f iTunes didn't use 300% cpu and demand that you create a baroque library system to copy one song to your MP3 player.

but the new capture feature is the That One Version of Windows Movie Maker and Zune of taking screenshots.

since we're asking dumb questions- is there a way to copy more than one thing into a secondary paste cache? Like say I want to copy two separate sentences could I like ctrl -c one and shift-ctrl -c a second?
Not sure if its what you want but you could use the cloud cache, it saves what you had copied and you can select what you paste. https://community.windows.com/en-us/stories/cloud-clipboard-windows-10

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shift+Win+S.

Also, google an app called greenshot. It a pretty dope screen grab app that also let you print directly from your windows cache, instead of then having to open a picture program like Paint to print. It also lets you save the screen grab in other formats than just jpg and bmp.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
OP
OP
Jean-Luc Picard
Nov 8, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
For saving directly to the screenshots folder you need to do Win+PrtScr. Screen should fade a bit if it registers.

But yeah, Shift+Win+S is your friend.
Don't actually have a screenshots folder in pictures. I must have deleted it. I searched for a screenshots folder with Everything and found one in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Pictures\Screenshots but when I tried accessing it, I was told I didn't have permission to. Then a new item popped up. C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\features\[email protected] Anyone know what that is?

Shift+Win+S.

Also, google an app called greenshot. It a pretty dope screen grab app that also let you print directly from your windows cache, instead of then having to open a picture program like Paint to print. It also lets you save the screen grab in other formats than just jpg and bmp.
Thanks.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Don't actually have a screenshots folder in pictures. I must have deleted it. I searched for a screenshots folder with Everything and found one in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Pictures\Screenshots but when I tried accessing it, I was told I didn't have permission to. Then a new item popped up. C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\features\[email protected] Anyone know what that is?

Thanks.
Firefox has its own screenshot tool built-in, it's by default next to the address bar on a dropsown menu I believe.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you're the best

full disclosure I work for msft and am invariably miles behind on basic tasks and methods
I will now take this post as representative of all of MS and say that all y'all are behind on basic tasks and methods because hurrrrrrrrr

This is totally not because I'm not bitter that I haven't found a Sharepoint admin for my organization and have to do this cut/paste and organize ish myself and I'm going to leave this thread and get counseling what am I doing with my life I could be playing xbox right now

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will now take this post as representative of all of MS and say that all y'all are behind on basic tasks and methods because hurrrrrrrrr

This is totally not because I'm not bitter that I haven't found a Sharepoint admin for my organization and have to do this cut/paste and organize ish myself and I'm going to leave this thread and get counseling what am I doing with my life I could be playing xbox right now

Turns out all we had to do was ASK. And smurf skrubz