• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rec drug of choice?

• Alcohol

Votes: 239 29.3%
  • Cannabis

Votes: 383 46.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 2.9%
  • None. I get high on life.

Votes: 171 20.9%

• Total voters

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
Weed for sure, but mainly when I'm at home at home chilling(like rn). I hate being high and out in public. I'll have a drink or two if I go out though, but I don't really like being drunk or buzzed anymore.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Alcohol, but I only drink socially. Game nights, D&D, breweries with people I know. Never enough to get drunk with a hangover, and never driving. I'm very sensitive to the smell of smoke, so I can't stand being around tobacco or weed.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
My ideal state is one strong whiskey drink. More than that and I get a bit loopy.

Every time I've tried weed I've just absolutely hated it. I'm done trying.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Alcohol, but I like weed too. If my wife was more into weed I'd smoke more, right now I mostly stick to low strength edibles

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Weed nearly destroyed my life but I don't have a problem with alcohol so I gotta give it to alcohol even though it's toxic in it's own right

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
wife and i started doing edibles about a year and a half ago and have started drinking less and less. Its legal here though. It depends whst we ate doing in public or doing like a pen and paper game definitely alcohol, playing a more chill game or watching movies then weed all day. Aquaman in 4k on weed was fucking incredible.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Alcohol. I wish it was weed because empty calories and hangovers but I never really get to vibe on weed. I either feel nothing or go right to sleep every time I do it. So it's great for sleeping! And little else.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Recreationally, it's weed for sure. Alcohol is starting to wear on me and I'm just getting tired of it. I partied hard in my 20s and early 30s and I'm just over it.

My favorite drug to experience is acid/LSD, but I only do that once every few years so it doesn't qualify here haha.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If cannabis was legal here in Texas and the exact same price as what I spend on alcohol already I would be 100% into that shit but as it stands it's illegal here first off and then on top of that getting enough to last me even a moderate amount of time is inordinately expensive.

The alcohol versus cannabis debate for me is literally the exact same thing as the real meat versus fake meat debate. If it still tasted amazing and it was still just as affordable and readily available I would be all in, but the problem is that it isn't for me.

Exilexc

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Since my late 20s, I limit myself to two drinks so that I don't get a hungover or feel like shit the next day. I prefer weed over alcohol. Weed + Rocket League is amazing.

Rocket League is easily my favorite game while smoking. I typically put on a playlist on Spotify while playing too.

Always a good time. Like when you have a day off and your hit the blunt while drinking a coffee.

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
Cannabis. Alcohol makes me feel out of control. Pot makes me relaxed and is great for my insomnia.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Cannabis. I had been straight edge up till about 5 years ago when some health issues started, and I was recommended cannabis to help. Turns out it helps out a lot and I use it every day now.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I'm 37, well and truely in the drinker catagory. Started as a early teen drinking white lightning, lambrini and 20/20 like a classy british teen. Dabbled with weed (hash was more common for whatever reason back then, well where i was from anyway) a few times around then and whiteyed.

Tried weed multiple times throughout my life since then with the most recent being last year and just never enjoyed the feeling. I'm sure it's down to me though but I have effectively given up at this point so i'll just stick with booze!

gambaguy

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 13, 2022
I'm 37, well and truely in the drinker catagory. Started as a early teen drinking white lightning, lambrini and 20/20 like a classy british teen. Dabbled with weed (hash was more common for whatever reason back then, well where i was from anyway) a few times around then and whiteyed.

Tried weed multiple times throughout my life since then with the most recent being last year and just never enjoyed the feeling. I'm sure it's down to me though but I have effectively given up at this point so i'll just stick with booze!

They're kinda for two different things. And despite my post above generally not best to mix them.

alcohol is a social lubricant. Weed is more of a close friendship chilling vibe.

it certainly can be smoked with folks you've never met but I find in those situations it's still best for like a media consumption activity (seeing a band/show or a movie etc). Of course you have all kinds of different strains but it it boils down to indica and sativa, indica best for just chilling with some folks at home, sativa better for daytime or new things/people, and then all kinds of hybrids in between.

If ya mix alcohol and weed best to stick to like light beers/not get too drunk and then some sativa/sativa heavy hybrid.

if you're proper drunk indica never gonna be good time and you're just gonna wanna go home and hit the sack.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Weed. I didn't really drink during college for real, but I've always loved getting high. To the point that I'm unable to smoke because I need to be clean for the job I'm trying to get, and it's nudged me toward wine/whiskey, and I fucking hate it. Being drunk is worse in every way.

Being cross-faded is ok, but I'd really never drink if I could smoke without consequence.

Last edited:

gambaguy

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 13, 2022
Weed. I didn't really drink during college for real, but I've always loved getting high. To the point that I'm not unable to smoke because I need to be clean for the job I'm trying to get, and it's nudged me toward wine/whiskey, and I fucking hate it. Being drunk is worse in every way.

try some ciders or light beers instead of the wine/whiskey.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I generally smoke weed a few times a week, and have a drink just once or twice a month, at max. So i'm going with cannabis.

Though if i'm feeling up to it, I do like smoking a bit, and having a glass of whisky to go along with it.

gambaguy

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 13, 2022
I generally smoke weed a few times a week, and have a drink just once or twice a month, at max. So i'm going with cannabis.

Though if i'm feeling up to it, I do like smoking a bit, and having a glass of whisky to go along with it.

yep a small amount of booze with a fair bit of weed is a good time. I my experience the opposite, proper drunk plus a small amount of good weed less likely to go as well lol

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
When I tried weed I felt anxious so that's way out of the window, alcohol just makes me feel sleepy so generally good health makes me feel good.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
They're kinda for two different things. And despite my post above generally not best to mix them.

alcohol is a social lubricant. Weed is more of a close friendship chilling vibe.

it certainly can be smoked with folks you've never met but I find in those situations it's still best for like a media consumption activity (seeing a band/show or a movie etc). Of course you have all kinds of different strains but it it boils down to indica and sativa, indica best for just chilling with some folks at home, sativa better for daytime or new things/people, and then all kinds of hybrids in between.

If ya mix alcohol and weed best to stick to like light beers/not get too drunk and then some sativa/sativa heavy hybrid.

if you're proper drunk indica never gonna be good time and you're just gonna wanna go home and hit the sack.

Oh I wasn't clear I guess but ive certainly never mixed booze and weed, last few times I tried was just me and my wife at home.

I need to try edibles i think but they are harder to get in the UK....

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Cannibis fucks me up. I'd rather have a few drinks (but no more than that).

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Done a bunch of drugs in my life, alcohol is the only one that stayed because it's the only one that I actually enjoy doing in the moment. Getting a drug just to get wasted.. you gotta do it a few times, but stop if it becomes a habit.

Also smoking is not good for your health wtf.
Also Also, I've never been as nauseous as after a space cake. You're good the next day? Pull the other one.

Last edited:

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Cannabis for me. I really only do edibles and weed drinks, which I like to call "potables". I don't consume them often enough to build a tolerance towards them, so anything with 10mg is good enough for me, plus it's cheaper than buying an 8-pack of beer or even a mickey of hard liquor.

Edit: And yeah, no hangover is a major plus, though I almost never get drunk enough to have one.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much all my favourite memories from my teens and 20s are from being heavily drunk, cannabis just doesn't alter my behaviour to anywhere near the same extent

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Suffered through massive panic attacks anytime I've gotten high so its the drink for me.