• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She looks a little under the weather in that clip. Right? Always hard to decide if confirmation bias is at play in my brain.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Moreover, what the fuck is she doing in Aspen in the middle of Summer? Are there still viable things to do there? Hiking?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I don't think turning someone down from getting a COVID test in the midst of a pandemic is heroic, but maybe I'm way off base here.

I mean, screw Candace, but yeah....people need to get tested.

Unless this is another example of US healthcare being super fucking alien to me like that other thread.

(Even if it was a case of "we're a private option and don't want your money, you can go elsewhere" I believe that testing people shouldn't be akin to say, refusing service in a restaurant - especially when you then disparage the other available option which only emphasises the two-tier nature of a dominant private system)

Also, I strongly suspect this is fake and just more fodder for likes and retweets.

And even if it wasn't, so what?
Yeah it sounds fake...but if it wasn't, we don't need people on the left to defend her. She has chosen purposely to fight against get own cause, go against her own people and spread fake shit. There has to be a line that once crossed, there is no going back. Why help them if they don't help themselves? She is a grown woman. If she chooses a covid death over accepting that this pandemic is true, so be it. We can't do anything other than keep ignoring her and not proving medical care for her or her ilk. (Anti Vax, deniers, magats etc etc)

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
O95JPBw.jpg

"It's a fake pandemic but I still tried to get tested and they banned me so I might accidentally spread it!"
Why does she have a platform on Twitter to spread this kind of blatant misinformation?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I recently found out that she has a son now. That kid is going to grow up either hating her or himself.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it sounds fake...but if it wasn't, we don't need people on the left to defend her. She has chosen purposely to fight against get own cause, go against her own people and spread fake shit. There has to be a line that once crossed, there is no going back. Why help them if they don't help themselves? She is a grown woman. If she chooses a covid death over accepting that this pandemic is true, so be it. We can't do anything other than keep ignoring her and not proving medical care for her or her ilk. (Anti Vax, deniers, magats etc etc)

I'm not necessarily defending her, I just think that (if it is real) then something like COVID testing should be above politics, no matter how abhorrent the views of the person being tested are, or even how incongruent they are with the service that they're providing.

I also think that the response (again, if real) may sound brilliant, but has basically played directly into her hands and allows her to further politicise a pandemic, based on what I'm already seeing pop up.

If I did feel that strongly about it as a provider, I'd have just declined it/cited some bullshit about capacity issues. I certainly wouldn't have disparaged the local free option either, because I'm sure they're working as best they can!

I mean, if we're to accept that the pandemic in the US is basically a 'culture war' at this point, then I'd rather see one side choose to disengage with it rather than perpetuate it. Let the misinfo freaks do their shit, but let them do it whilst the rest of the system works as intended around them - don't give them ammo.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not necessarily defending her, I just think that (if it is real) then something like COVID testing should be above politics, no matter how abhorrent the views of the person being tested are, or even how incongruent they are with the service that they're providing.

To what end? So she can just ignore the test result? Testing doesn't mean shit unless the person follows up responsibly.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
To what end? So she can just ignore the test result? Testing doesn't mean shit unless the person follows up responsibly.

It's still an important metric to find out who is testing positive, and where they're testing positive.

I do agree that subsequent to that action, there's a responsibility on the individual.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the email is questionable. Why would one testing center denigrate another testing site as a "back alley" operation, not to mention the misspelling of "cancellation"? Weird all around. She probably faked it.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think turning someone down from getting a COVID test in the midst of a pandemic is heroic, but maybe I'm way off base here.

I mean, screw Candace, but yeah....people need to get tested.

Unless this is another example of US healthcare being super fucking alien to me like that other thread.

Also, I strongly suspect this is fake and just more fodder for likes and retweets.

And even if it wasn't, so what?

I don't believe that anyone, even those who deny or spread lies about Covid, should not receive medical treatment. They should be held accountable for spreading lies about Covid, I think that should be a criminal offense, but never refused medical services in a public health facility. But that's not what this is.

I'm not an expert on law and this is not legal advice, but I think that in America, in most states, a private company has the right to refuse service to anyone as long as it's not for discriminatory reasons (like race, gender or sexual orientation), at least according to this page I found on a quick search. That may not apply to private companies in the health industry, I don't know for certain, but I know it's a right that private businesses have. I don't think it would be hard to prove that Owens could be a threat to their employees and customers, considering her many documented delusions about the pandemic.

Lastly, the reason I said they were heroes was because of what was written in the last paragraph about them working long hours, being underpaid or paying out of their pockets to try to keep their community safe. Refusing to test Owens was not heroic, but I do think it is within their rights and I don't blame them for refusing to test her. Assuming, of course, that this was true.

Making a pandemic denier's life a bit inconvenient is nowhere close to being as bad as what Owens has, and continues to, do.

Get vaccinated if you can.

Wear masks, even if you are vaccinated.

Wash your hands.

Don't touch your face.

Stay safe.

Fuck Candace Owens and fuck all pandemic deniers.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
well, i guess suzanna lee (any and every suzanna lee) is probably going to get harassed now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why does she have a platform on Twitter to spread this kind of blatant misinformation?

It looks like that specific tweet was taken down by Twitter for violating their rules.

Of course, her entire account is filled with vile nonsense and anti-vax bullshit. And she should have been banned a long time ago. But Twitter does not give a fuck.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
The tourist mountain towns in Colorado don't fuck around with covid. Shit is bad for business. Get the fuck outta my state, Candace

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the email is questionable. Why would one testing center denigrate another testing site as a "back alley" operation, not to mention the misspelling of "cancellation"? Weird all around. She probably faked it.

I don't think she was denigrating it as a back alley operation, rather it is literally located in the back alley. And they do mail out the tests

Phone Number: No Phone Number Available
Address: 130 South Galena Street, Aspen CO 81611; located in the alley between City Hall and St Mary's Catholic Church
covid19.pitkincounty.com

Pitkin County COVID-19 Response And Recovery Homepage | Providing Public Health And Economic Guidance

Community COVID-19 response and recovery resources for Aspen, Snowmass and Pitkin County.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Man I am so hopeful but I'm also very confident she's just faking
She's also definitely vaxxed. She isn't one of these true believer middle manager level radio hosts that seem to be dying left and right, she's a genuine grifter. It's all part of the grift. She needs a continuous narrative and this is just the next episode.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
She is awful and I wouldn't put it past her faking all of this so that she can come out on the other end cured and then say she never got the vaccine and beat covid easy.

Wouldn't it look better for her anti-vax/mask stance if she honest about getting it and gloating when it passes her? It's odds are her surviving relatively unscathed are astronomically high I don't get why she would take this approach instead.

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man I am so hopeful but I'm also very confident she's just faking

She's totally faking this entire thing to further her grift. Same thing with Milo.

To be clear, she claims she is NOT sick. Simplest timeline of events is:

• Someone online wondered if she was sick because she hadn't been posting on social media, and supposedly pulled out of some speaking engagements
  • She replied by saying she wasn't sick
  • After a few days of going silent on social media again, she says she was denied a covid test
So, the thought is she is indeed faking. But, it's that she is fine, when she is in fact sick.

Oh, I don't believe a single word she says, because I believe in the science.

My point is I don't think she believes a single word she says either. She's a menace..

Oh, yeah. I was completely misunderstanding your post. I think she is full of shit for sure. If I had to bet, I'd put money on her actually being vaccinated, even.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oh, I don't believe a single word she says, because I believe in the science.

My point is I don't think she believes a single word she says either. She's a menace..

I go back and forth on this but it always comes around to the same idea: even if she doesn't believe a word of what she says, it's no different than if she does.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She's also definitely vaxxed. She isn't one of these true believer middle manager level radio hosts that seem to be dying left and right, she's a genuine grifter. It's all part of the grift. She needs a continuous narrative and this is just the next episode.

If she's vaxxed, then she's probably in a database wherever she lives... right? I looked up my own COVID-19 vax record online to get a QR code.

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If she's vaxxed, then she's probably in a database wherever she lives... right? I looked up my own COVID-19 vax record online to get a QR code.

I lost my card like a dumb fuck. Here in Illinois I had to fill out a form to get my vaccine records. They are not something anyone can look up for someone else.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I lost my card like a dumb fuck. Here in Illinois I had to fill out a form to get my vaccine records. They are not something anyone can look up for someone else.

I just put some basic info into a web site, only my name and DOB, I think.
Point is that getting vaxxed could be a career-ender for a right-wing grifter and it seems extra risky if it's easy for someone to find out. I doubt she's vaxxed even if she's not a true believer.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
That tweet with the name visible is 100% doxxing considering all the other information she supplied and reported it as such. I hope twitter does the right thing but you know they won't

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Someone intubate her already so we are spared from the colossal dumbfuck tweets.