• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO!!! It was just sitting in the net for nearly 8 years before anyone noticed!?!?!?!

looked good.....I would've bought it

Though I still want my 2008 sequel!!!😭😭😭

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
It feels like every few years there's a secret POP revival that never quite gets off the ground.

Makes me want to snoop around Youtube for more videos... if not for the annoying piano teaching ads spamming it, I would 😂

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Looks a lot like Assassin's Creed, clearly reusing a lot from it even, but I think it looks distinct enough from AC to be it's own thing, the Prince himself looks a bit generic.

Also, in 2012 Ubisoft was likely already getting ready for current gen consoles, those graphics look like something from 2009 or so. Maybe they were considering after the first AC but then came AC2 being a more successful game and it was just not worthy to continue with PoP.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it is to die for! Lost the locks, got some major agility and acrobatic upgrades! I miss Price of Persia so much, I hope we get a new title one day.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I probably would have bought it since I'm a huge PoP fan, but I can't say I'm a fan of the Uncharted-esque "Every single piece of ground I set foot on explodes" set piece.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
An we all know games come into existence in their entirety on release date.
the pointless shit some of yall double down on lmao. what reason is there to try and defend your slim chance hypothetical of an exec going "this linear action game is too vaguely similar to an open world game that wont even be publicly announced until next year"

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty bad. I'm so glad that color palette is out of fashion now, it's unbearable.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
twitter.com

Jonathan Cooper on Twitter

“Wow - haven't seen this in ages. Amazing work from animation director Khai Nguyen (For Honor) and team. This target game footage (pre-rendered game pitch) inspired our own pitch for Assassin's Creed 3 as they did such a great job making it look like real gameplay. https://t.co/U9cy7v4fNp”

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i don't know, even that one ubisoft dev saw it doesn't mean he know about it
it could be fan made.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Looked pretty cool. Through a 2020 lens it's a bit meh, but I would've been all over this in 2012.

Hope if they do revive it now though, it isn't in a Uncharted / God of War mash-up direction.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

Jonathan Cooper on Twitter

“Wow - haven't seen this in ages. Amazing work from animation director Khai Nguyen (For Honor) and team. This target game footage (pre-rendered game pitch) inspired our own pitch for Assassin's Creed 3 as they did such a great job making it look like real gameplay. https://t.co/U9cy7v4fNp”
It's interesting that he mentions ACIII, because the first I thought is how much this looks like the famous Charlestown under siege scene from that game (although this video is pretty uninteresting way to play that mission):

A similar scene is on Rogue as well.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad Prince of Persia had to die for 1000 Assassins Creed games.
Like could we have 999 Assassins Creed games and 1 Prince of Persia?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugly art style, cool animations. I really wish the Prince of Persia would come back though. Same with Splinter Cell...

Ubisoft keeps investing instead in other series I really don't give a shit about.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Wow, the 8 years ago thing is blowing my mind. Or is it a case where the uploader always had it hidden until now?

Definitely looks like a game from that era though. You can seen the inflections from Uncharted, God of War and AC at the time.
The date shown on any Youtube video is the date it was first made public. It's possible the video was made public, changed to unlisted, and then back to public again, but it must have been set to public back in 2012.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Interesting. So not even real gameplay but a pre rendered target already was doing the piss filter, hah. How much damage it did...
Game could have been cool if properly realized. Obvious Ass Creed references as well as Gow + Uncharted with sands of time vibes.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That really makes me want that original Babylon Arabian nights setting for another game.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
An we all know games come into existence in their entirety on release date.
What are you talking about hahaha
the first gameplay trailer was on Jan 2014. that would have been the first time the gameplay loop was published to the public and the first time Ubisoft would have seen it. there are no.. "universal Execs" that make judgements game industry wide on what to cancel or not. Ubisoft has no clue what monolith works on, or vice versa until the public sees it. It is not how it works. we don't get sneak previews on other projects from other developers.

This trailer was posted on march 1st 2012, and most likely was already a few months old at this point in time, shadow of mordor started development late 2011.. so that leaves a rough 3 to 6 months of development time. your timeline makes no sense.

heck if you look at the linkedin page of the 3d level artist who worked on it from 2010 to 2011, which strongly hints at the game being cancelled somewhere closely in or around 2011.. so the game was most likely cancelled before shadow of mordor even begun development.

yeahwrite

Apr 17, 2020
It's funny how the success of the mechanics in Prince of Persia are responsible for the birth of Assassin's Creed, and the success of Assassin's Creed is responsible for the death of Prince of Persia.

And by "funny" I mean "a damn shame."

I would love a remaster of Sands of Time. Just yank assets out of AC Odyssey and For Honor, I don't care. I just want something that runs on modern hardware.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ha, wild.

Certainly has a bit of everything. Feeling AC, COD, Uncharted, God of War. Holy shit Nuke! oh magic.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing of value was lost. Doesn't look like a PoP should be.

Game looks automatic with all those flashy movements.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I would've bought that... looks like a nice blend of GOW2 and Assassin's Creed... add in some nice parry/dodge mechanics I think you'd have a winner.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Dang I actually think that looked pretty rad. I'd play it.

Wonder what else is hidden in the depths of Youtube that's gone unnoticed like this haha