• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Looks a little too scripted, but it wasn't bad. Looked a lot further along than I expected for a cancelled game.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I can confirm it is real. I watched It 4 years ago and was shown to me by a friend who worked for Ubisoft Sofia. So glad it is finnaly out.
Long story short, this was the planned game instead of the first assassin creed game but they axed it in favor of AC.
Ahh so FoxTeam is an internal team?

Adum

May 30, 2019
As much as I love and adore the PoP games, this looks really dated and I'd probably hate that clunky combat and heavy looking platforming in 2020. I wish they'd bring back the Prince and those wacky sands of time shenanigans, but i also hope they update the controls and gameplay.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, it really looks like a collection of some of the most popular games of 2009/2010 (Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2, God of War 3). Very of its time.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I want all the 2012 vertical slice videos I can please, this is amazingly optimistic and I want to see it all!

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Ah yes, a game in the prestigious "Hold up while stuff explodes/crumbles around you" genre.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Except for the body/split mechanic, this looks wholly uninteresting.

Also, what the hell with Nathan Drake-wannabe Prince design? Not surprised this pitch went nowhere.

Sigh, I want them to bring back the series but have zero confidence in modern Ubisoft. :/

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mea hell if we're leaking target renders when is Kotaku going to release this video 💢 :
uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpg

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Yep, that's a circa 2012 game. God that prince design is gross.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So this video was on Youtube for 8 years? (according to the upload date). Crazy.

Hope they revive the franchise this gen.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Wow, uploaded 8 years ago...

Checking old news I found this trailer, about a game called Osiris (probably codename). Do you think they were related? They are both from the same time.

4HJo6VZ.png

5uItHb0.png

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of combat that has instant kills you have to rewind and account for.

'The heavy is going to swing, that dude is going to charge, I need to be here', that kind of thing.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
I rather buy a new non angst/emo/darkness PoP than a new assassin's creed, actually. And if they make a new one I hope they make it more magical/fantasy/colorful etc.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's just a target render, but man that art style would have such a downgrade from the PP2008 style.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm it is real. I watched It 4 years ago and was shown to me by a friend who worked for Ubisoft Sofia. So glad it is finnaly out.
Long story short, this was the planned game instead of the first assassin creed game but they axed it in favor of AC.

I think you might be getting this mixed up with Prince of Persia: Assassins, which was the game that ultimately became the first Assassin's Creed.

Footage of that is on YouTube too: https://youtu.be/z3BEYmvhxx8

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Setpiece gameplay, 2cool4skool prince design, dark atmosphere, generic choir bombast score... Nothing of this is what I would want from a new PoP

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Probably would have been fun at the time though it looks super linear. I feel like a PoP game should focus more on platforming and not like "cinematic" platforming ala Uncharted.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
The reverse time thing they showed looked neat almost as if you could control during it instead of just a reversal

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense that the designs feel outdated, it was 8 years ago haha. I really want to see a new pop game though. There was something so satisfying about that acrobatic platforming. I feel like we need it more now that AC is basically full on ARPG.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
the footage had me rolling during the opening. the bombastic score, random explosion in the distance, the uncharted style platforming - with a tongue a bit more in cheek this footage could pass as an intentional parody of last gen.

the time control through the spirit looked really cool tho and the story of this footage surfacing is truly wild.

Oct 30, 2017
The potential this cancelled PoP had... hell it looks and felt really good for last gen game!!

Hope the rumours about new PoP is real and we get official announcement soon.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm with AC going proper open world PoP could exist as a platformer with parkour/time effects...

I presume it's the fact they have to license it that's the issue?

ps3ud0 8)

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Given what looks like scarring on the Prince's left arm, I wonder if this is the Sands of Time prince. He had that metal whip thing embedded in his left arm in Two Thrones.

I don't like the short hair, whether it's a new prince or not though.

Interesting to see what could have been. I'm hoping that in the near future we'll see what *is*. This franchise is too good to go out on the back of The Forgotten Sands (which was completely fine, but the least risky main game (games?) in the franchise, basically ever).

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like something I would have definitely played and enjoyed. Shame.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Prince got swole as hell.

2012 - when everyone wanted to be Uncharted.

One of the reasons I have no love for AC is the fact that it essentially killed this franchise.