• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm still very salty about Star Wars 1313. When that new arc of the Clone Wars earlier this year was set on level 1313 I felt nothing but disappointment at being reminded what could (and should) have been.

The good thing though is that I got to pass off that disappointment to my 13 year old brother who hadn't heard of the game before then by showing him the gameplay demo

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
It still hurts my heart. I would give second place to Scalebound, but MML3 is my number one heartbreak in the gaming industry.
Silent Hills
Scalebound
Megaman Legends 3
Steambot Chronicles 2

though we did eventually get Disaster Report 4, so there's always a chance...
mmlegends3.jpg

image116.png

tenor.gif

zwl04fh.gif

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Ura Zelda for 64DD (not the one we got for GCN)
Raven Blade
Too Human for GCN (not the one we got for X360)
Baten Kaitos 3
Star Wars Rogue Collection
Silent Hills

Deleted member 532

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one that popped into my head was the Pirates of the Caribbean game. It's not quite notable as others but still disappointed it never was finished.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
eh, a lot of cancelled games consist of cool trailers and nothing more so I can't be too pressed. what we could have had will always look more intriguing than what we got especially for stuff like versus13 where it was designed to be as cool looking as possible while not being real

I guess the closest I've ever gotten was seeing the original plans for Dark Souls 3 because the game was hastily changed almost and that was only because it made things make more sense and touched upon some aspects of the series that needed more elaboration rather than "LOOK HOW FUCKING SICK THIS LOOKS!"

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
That survival horror game from Irrational Studios called The Lost, where you play as a mother who goes to hell searching for her daughter. I was pretty excited for that one.

I guess they sold the assets to some Hindi game development studio and reworked all of the art into a different game called Agni: Queen of Darkness for PC. So I guess if I really want to play some form of it I could track that down.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
I am deeply sad about every Obsidian/Black Isle/Interplay game that didn't make it. Van Buren, BG3, the KOTOR III that was pitched and rejected. Sigh.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
System Shock 3. But considering how it seemed no one but the most hardcore fans cared for this game, I guess I'm not too surprised.
At least we still got the remake of the first game coming sooner or later.

Jan 11, 2018
Silent Hills
Sadness
Scalebound
Mega Man Legends 3
The original Metroid Prime 4
Whatever Retro was working on for 5 years before being given Prime 4
Santa Monica Studio's Scifi game.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
A cancellation that still stings is scalebound. Platinums dragon riding character action xbox exclusive. It looked a little choppy when we saw it at e3, but
Man it still looked pretty rad.

a little choppy? It looked like hot garbage. The main protagonist looked like something from the early 2000s and worst of all, it looked boring as hell

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Yes, I'm aware we got part of the concept eventually, but it was a stripped down and heavily retooled version of the original idea laden by mismatched expectations. I don't hate FFXV, but I definitely would've liked to have seen the original concept happen.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Just posted this another thread, but Criterion's untitled Extreme Racers game they showed off at E3 2014.

When was the last time we got a whole-hog Criterion game? Now they just sprinkle a bit of criterion here and there on NFS or Battlefront. This game would've been amazing.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Deep Down, only because it looked like it might have scratched the Dragon's Dogma itch

Dragon's Dogma Online, mostly because it didn't launch in the west and we still don't have a second entry announced

Star Wars 1313 due to the different setting from what we traditionally get (ie: Detached from the moves) and (presumably) there being no prominent focus on jedis.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
The 3rd Capcom GBC Zelda. Even if one of the games would have been a straight Zelda 1 remake, Zelda 1 could use it.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Yeah Silent Hills is the correct answer. The potential was there. A Kojima made horror game is something I hope we get in the future.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Fable Legends the first season was all but finished they were working on additional content and they cancelled it. The combat was fun I wish they gave it a chance.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic X-treme. I don't know, that game concept (reading about it on Wikipedia) really appealed to me and, who knows, may have saved the blue blur from eternal mediocrity.