• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I don't consider [her] trans
Why?

What authority do you have to decide a person's identity?

Like, I did just report your original post and move on, but now I'm actually curious if you're not trolling and really think you get to decide, and can't see the problem there.
Same. Though I still find it VERY hard to give someone so casually dismissing (even a potentially terrible person's) identity the benefit of the doubt.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Understood. Yani comes off more as an opportunist and vextatious lawsuit type, who is exploiting a loophole in the system to try and win court cases. I don't consider him trans, in fact I would say he's more likely a plant to disparage trans from the right than anything else.
What authority do you have to decide a person's identity?

Like, I did just report your original post and move on, but now I'm actually curious if you're not trolling and really think you get to decide, and can't see the problem there.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this person a known sexual predator. I remember seeing very disturbing tweets she's posted.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Being trans in no way stops you from being a shitty person. So if somebody has disgusting views and behavior, give 'em hell for it, but do so while respecting their gender identity.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately the solution for waxing is simply to say they perform vaginal waxing only.

There's zero problem with that.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
So you believe these beauticians should be forced to wax her penis and scrotum?
How did you arrive at that? crowphoenix said nothing along those lines.
EDIT: They said that a womens genitals should be regarded as female genitalia, even if they have a penis. Now, this is a semantics thing, crowphoenix, I believe, is saying that this should be done in order to not to label a person as "woman with male genitalia". But that doesn't mean someone should be forced to touch anyone against their will. You're making a connection that isn't there.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ultimately the solution for waxing is simply to say they perform vaginal waxing only.

Yeah I think that's probably the best solution. Don't separate things into female/male here, just plainly advertise a particular service

I think they just advertised brazilian waxing as that is the most marketing friendly word and they're mostly not even native english speakers, and probably didn't anticipate this particular scenario.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I think that's probably the best solution. Don't separate things into female/male here, just plainly advertise a particular service
The lack of great English skills, which ties in to why they were targeted in the first place, complicates that a fair bit.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Choosing whether or not to respect a trans person's pronouns is not a value judgement that will be permitted here and any such posts will be moderated accordingly.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I think they just advertised brazilian waxing as that is the most marketing friendly word and they're mostly not even native english speakers, and probably didn't anticipate this particular scenario.

No I know. I'm not blaming them. Just saying as a general rule that's the answer and frankly should be even if not directly stated the legal assumption.

Place the argument specifically rather than defaulting to gender binary.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of great English skills, which ties in to why they were targeted in the first place, complicates that a fair bit.

Absolutely, and that's a factor that shouldn't be ignored. It's natural to think of how things can be improved for people though to avoid issues, especially from bad faith actors like the woman in the OP

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Because then the beauticians are discriminating by refusing to service her female genitalia? I suppose the correct answer was already given, by just plainly defining it as vagina waxing services.
Please read my edit above. This is a semantics issue, you're conflating "vagina" and "female genitalia", which crowphoenix wasn't doing. I hope my rambling is somewhat understandable.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
I once talked to a man who would't show his genitals to female doctors. That kind of shit is actively harmful in some situations, imo.

How so?

But like I said in my rambling above, that's only if you see genitalia as something inherently sexual.

Genitalia are our reproductive organs. I don't think you can really separate them from their sexual nature, despite also being used to expel waste.

I also don't think there should ever be a situation in which one person insists another touch their genitals despite the other not wanting to that isn't seen as sexual assault.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, and also think that's fair. Nobody should be denied service for how they identify but if that service involves working on or around genitals then it's not so black and white anymore. And it is shitty because it looks like she targeted beauticians that she knew would deny her.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Because people avoid going to their women doctors with genital issues, which can lead to minor, but preventable shit being ignored.
Say, not letting your female dermatologist check discoloration on your dick. And then something minor turns into a major problem. I know, oddly specific.

Genitalia are our reproductive organs. I don't think you can really separate them from their sexual nature, despite also being used to expel waste.
Disagree, you can absolutely view reproductive organs not sexually. Why wouldn't you?

I also don't think there should ever be a situation in which one person insists another touch their genitals despite the other not wanting to that isn't seen as sexual assault.
...okay? Thanks? Me too? That comment makes me think you didn't really understand what I meant.

Last edited:

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the place waxing refuses to wax dicks, regardless of gender you should keep in in mind.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Transphobia, previous severe infraction for transphobic trolling
1. A penis is not "male genitalia".
2. Racist rhetoric is not worth defending, so I have no interest in defending her. Fuck racism as much as transphobia.
3. Just about the only valid reason to have denied her service would if you're worried you'll hurt her due to a lack of expertise waxing around a penis. Religion is not a valid excuse.
Ok what drugs are you on to come up with a statement like this?

a penis is LITERALLY male genitalia

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Dude was calling for appointments all over the place and if they were ok with his request he didn't book - he was looking for those who would refuse him and specifically targeted brown business owners. He chronically filed lawsuits that waste tax payer moneys that could go to better causes.Thankfully there is still some shred of sense in this country - is this pedophile still planning his topless party with minors where no parents or guardians are allowed?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
You can be a woman with male genitalia, assigned sex and real gender aren't the same thing. But a penis is still male genitalia and as with all genitals, no one should be forced to touch it if they don't want to.
They made the right call.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
He and another poster are conflating penis as female genitalia, which is the point of confusion.
No they aren't. They are saying a penis can be female genitalia, if it is part of a woman. It's not conflation, because it doesn't imply that all penises are female. You can disagree I guess, but don't put words into other posters mouths.
Your question:
...can be simply answered with "No, that's not what they are saying".

crowphoenix

Oct 27, 2017
I believe that the penis and scrotum in question are female genitalia. As to how this situation should be handled, I do not claim to have the proper insight and would rather adhere to the guidance of an actual trans person.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man this is fucked up. She absolutely sounds like an opportunist. Beauticians shouldn't be forced to work on genitalia they aren't trained on.

This reminds me of my surprise when I was out of town once. I went to get my haircut at a hair stylists, but no one there could shave my beard because they all lacked barbers licenses. It's a health issue. all my life, the barbers I'd been going to had licenses to do basically anything on the head and face, and I assumed that was universal.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a shortage of Brazilian wax services for people with penis and scrotum. But that could be a demand issue as much as discrimination one.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yaniv is a disgusting awful person and thankfully she lost. She is a racist pedophile and should be shunned from every community.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Yaniv has displayed predator tendencies and I hope this decision stops her. I worry that she will try another way to try and take advantage of people.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
You can be a woman with male genitalia, assigned sex and real gender aren't the same thing. But a penis is still male genitalia and as with all genitals, no one should be forced to touch it if they don't want to.
They made the right call.
Correct, anatomical correct to be precise as anatomy books differentiates the sex of humans by their reproductive organs. It is what I was thought last semester.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Because people avoid going to their women doctors with genital issues, which can lead to minor, but preventable shit being ignored.

I would assume they would simply see another doctor, though I can accept the possibility that their body issues would lead to them not discussing the issue at all.

Here in Australia it's not uncommon for doctors to ask their patient if they'd be more comfortable with a doctor of the same sex when it comes to particular issues.

Disagree, you can absolutely view reproductive organs not sexually. Why wouldn't you?

You can look at a penis in a particular situation without thinking of it in a sexual way, but that doesn't stop the penis in general from being a sex organ. Genitals are the part of our body we use in sexual reproduction.

...okay? Thanks? Me too? That comment makes me think you didn't really understand what I meant.

That was in response to this exchange:

-- Not really. If you don't want to touch a penis, you shouldn't have to touch a penis. Coercing someone into doing that is basically sexual assault.

-- But like I said in my rambling above, that's only if you see genitalia as something inherently sexual.

which I though was an odd response, even if I figured I knew what you were getting at. Responding to this is basically sexual assault with it wouldn't be if we though differently about our genitals is a bad take.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Crowphoenix and another poster are conflating penis as female genitalia, which is the point of confusion, I think.
They are saying that genitals aren't male or female, because they don't decide your gender identity, which is the point of confusion, I think (for those catching bans in here).

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Please don't lump this person in with the rest of the transgender community. This could have been a legitimate discussion but purpposely using fake profiles and pictures to trick people into waxing you is disgusting. There's enough evidence online to show Yaniv's psychopathic nature and ill intent.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

You can have your Brazilian wax sign advertising outisde your spa without an issue. You start hanging vaginal wax signs and you are going to have problems depending on the neighborhood. Brazilian wax is an acceptable non-offensive term that let's people know what services are offered there without treading into lewd territory.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smh this woman is just gonna make things harder for every other trans person out there

That's really the only take from this, yeah. I don't know how many pre-op trans women go for a Brazilian but you'd assume they stick with trans friendly places they know will do this sort of thing for them. By going to places that obviously aren't going to be prepared for a trans woman asking for penis waxing and then suing them if they don't do it, you're just starting trouble for the sake of drama and attention.

We do have to remember after all that trans issues are rapidly evolving and not everyone can keep up. It's still a relatively new concept that you don't need to pass as your gender identity (so no hormone therapy, no surgery, that sort of stuff) and a number of trans men and women don't even seem to want to, which also ties into trans men and women who don't want to get rid of their original genitals either.

It may well be we'll just have to get used to seeing women with penises wearing bikinis.

Status
Not open for further replies.