• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Do switch pro controllers ever go on sale? Knowing that it's Nintendo I'm guessing it's the opposite

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You might be able to save some money with non-CL rated cables, unless you're actually going to route them behind walls.
And if you need CL rated cables and have the choice between CL2 or CL3 then save some money and get CL2 because CL3 are for commercial installations (CL2 = up to 150V vs CL3 = up to 300V).

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the G14 does not stay in stock long. I saw it on sale at Best Buy this morning and it was gone by the time I went to checkout

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone seen any Nintendo Switch Online deals? Mine expired a few days ago.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances there will be a TV under 50" that will have VRR, hdmi 2.1 and low latency mode? Otherwise it looks like I'll be using my ps5 on a 36" 1080p tv for the foreseeable future...

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances there will be a TV under 50" that will have VRR, hdmi 2.1 and low latency mode? Otherwise it looks like I'll be using my ps5 on a 36" 1080p tv for the foreseeable future...

Seems like this does:

But it doesn't have a good Rtings rating:

www.rtings.com

LG NANO85 2020 Review (49NANO85UNA, 55NANO85UNA, 65NANO85UNA, 75NANO85UNA)

The LG NANO85 2020 is a 4k LED TV in LG's NanoCell lineup. It has decent overall performance with very good out-of-the-box color accuracy, but it doesn't perform...

I fear the day 55" become so small nobody bothers making them. It's probably happening soon.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this does:

But it doesn't have a good Rtings rating:

www.rtings.com

LG NANO85 2020 Review (49NANO85UNA, 55NANO85UNA, 65NANO85UNA, 75NANO85UNA)

The LG NANO85 2020 is a 4k LED TV in LG's NanoCell lineup. It has decent overall performance with very good out-of-the-box color accuracy, but it doesn't perform...

I fear the day 55" become so small nobody bothers making them. It's probably happening soon.

Yeah, I've not heard good things about LG's "Nanocell" TVs, but it's frustrating that this ticks most of the boxes otherwise (though apparently RTings couldn't get its 2.1 ports to actually display 4k120hz?)

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
You'd need to get creative to attain it, it isn't being sold in Canada
Wow, fuck us I guess. These are the only other sets with those specs on Rtings, but they only have 2.1 on one port.

Samsung Q80T
Samsung The Frame

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, fuck us I guess. These are the only other sets with those specs on Rtings, but they only have 2.1 on one port.

Samsung Q80T
Samsung The Frame

Unfortunately for both, features like VRR are locked to 55" and up.

It does seem like the LG CX is the only option. I would actually try and find a way to import it, lockdown and all, if not for the fact that it's an OLED (Making it way out of my price range, and potential for burn in as it will do double duty as a second monitor).

I've more or less resigned my fate to a 55" I think, hopefully, it's not too big if I keep all the windows small (if it is I will have to change my entire room set up).

TCL released their 2020 lineup which is almost perfect (no HDMI 2.1, so caps out at 1440p/120hz, or 4k/60). Really good price too, 650 USD (870ish Canadian).

Otherwise, there's the Sony x900h (getting all the features in an undated update), or the Samsung q70t/q80t (likely former because it's WAY cheaper, also waiting for update to activate hdmi 2.1).

But I have plenty of time before I get a PS5, and it's all dependent on if I find a job by then or not in the first place so 🤷‍♂️

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately for both, features like VRR are locked to 55" and up.

It does seem like the LG CX is the only option. I would actually try and find a way to import it, lockdown and all, if not for the fact that it's an OLED (Making it way out of my price range, and potential for burn in as it will do double duty as a second monitor).

I've more or less resigned my fate to a 55" I think, hopefully, it's not too big if I keep all the windows small (if it is I will have to change my entire room set up).

TCL released their 2020 lineup which is almost perfect (no HDMI 2.1, so caps out at 1440p/120hz, or 4k/60). Really good price too, 650 USD (870ish Canadian).

Otherwise, there's the Sony x900h (getting all the features in an undated update), or the Samsung q70t/q80t (likely former because it's WAY cheaper, also waiting for update to activate hdmi 2.1).

But I have plenty of time before I get a PS5, and it's all dependent on if I find a job by then or not in the first place so 🤷‍♂️
Lmao. Why even release them under the same model if they're missing some of the most important features.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Q: Does EB still take phones for trade-in? Just upgraded mine and wouldn't mind getting some $$$ for the old one (Note 9).

Alternatively, what's the best place to sell a phone?

BestBuy does phone trade ins as well.

If you want the best value for it though then sell it personally on Kijiji or Facebook marketplace.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Q: Does EB still take phones for trade-in? Just upgraded mine and wouldn't mind getting some $$$ for the old one (Note 9).

Alternatively, what's the best place to sell a phone?
Considering how old the phone is, you'd be lucky to get $200 at EB if they were to take it. They seem to be going for $450-500 on Craigslist, so if you just want to get rid of it I'd do a lowball $350 Craigslist sale to move it fast. Less fuss than a normal CL sale, and way more than EB would ever give you.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know good spots to find a deal on Eneloop AA batteries and the matching charger?

I used shopbot and found Dell selling a 4x AA & charger combo pack for the Eneloop Pros for $40. I can use Rakuten to get 2% cash back on this too, not that it's a huge plus. Is that a decent price or do you think I could get them cheaper?

EDIT: looked around a bit and it seems like Dell was the best deal, it was only $45 with tax (Ontario) and shipping was free. Buying from Dell is a bit weird because sometimes they'll say the item is in stock but it won't arrive for months (not sure if it's back ordering, logistics with third party sellers, COVID-19, or whatever) but the Eneloops are supposed to be delivered as of next week.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know good spots to find a deal on Eneloop AA batteries and the matching charger?

I used shopbot and found Dell selling a 4x AA & charger combo pack for the Eneloop Pros for $40. I can use Rakuten to get 2% cash back on this too, not that it's a huge plus. Is that a decent price or do you think I could get them cheaper?

EDIT: looked around a bit and it seems like Dell was the best deal, it was only $45 with tax (Ontario) and shipping was free. Buying from Dell is a bit weird because sometimes they'll say the item is in stock but it won't arrive for months (not sure if it's back ordering, logistics with third party sellers, COVID-19, or whatever) but the Eneloops are supposed to be delivered as of next week.

FWIW Dell used to be the place I would go for Eneloops a few years back because they would have pretty reliable discounts. Can't speak to their shipping practices during COVID-19 or anything but I've never had major issues with them even for non-Dell peripherals and random stuff.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Hey guys, did I miss a memo, or is there a shortage of Xbox X consoles in Canada? It's not even listed on Best Buy's website, aside from the Cyberpunk Edition.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol if anyone wants a lightly used 1X I'm your guy. I think I fired it up for H5 SP and maybe 10ish hours of MP and haven't really touched it since.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I just suddenly remembered something.

Did anybody get their CRT class action lawsuit settlement monies?

Canadian CRT Class Action

This website has been established to provide general information related to the proposed settlement of the case referred to as Canadian CRT Class Action.

They said payouts would take about a year after the filing deadline and we're almost 6 months past that now.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saving points for a while now, but I found out about the $500 redemption limit, which is annoying but I guess I'll just push the games through on a separate transaction.

I'm still going to preorder a console because I don't trust that Shoppers will have stock in the first few months.
Yeah that's pretty much what I'll end up doing as well. I'll justifying it by just using all my points on groceries for a bit. My Xbox one is kinda on its way out so I'm hoping it can last until November.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

This website has been established to provide general information related to the proposed settlement of the case referred to as Canadian CRT Class Action.

They said payouts would take about a year after the filing deadline and we're almost 6 months past that now.
Last I heard was an email in December that said:
Your payment amount will not be known until the appeals process has been fully resolved, which could take several months. Please be patient.
I assume courts and stuff are stalled up around now?
Regardless, I don't think we've missed our payout cheques.

On the flip side, I just got the usual GST cheque letter, but it's broken and says I owe the government money. It doesn't say anything about interest, and the payment due date is the instant I see the letter... Soo uhh, fuck em. This isn't how GST cheques work, Imma ignoring this government fuckup.

Sia

Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Anyone have any deals on link's awakening? I saw in japan it was on sale a few weeks ago and I was waiting to see if it goes on sale here but I haven't seen it. I really don't feel like paying full price for a 15 hour game

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any deals on link's awakening? I saw in japan it was on sale a few weeks ago and I was waiting to see if it goes on sale here but I haven't seen it. I really don't feel like paying full price for a 15 hour game
Gonna be a tough one since even used carts hold their value, no?

Sounds silly but maybe try to scope deals out on gift cards that save you a few dollars on the GC value and then buy it new from a big box store?

Maple-Rebel

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Last I heard was an email in December that said:

I assume courts and stuff are stalled up around now?
Regardless, I don't think we've missed our payout cheques.

On the flip side, I just got the usual GST cheque letter, but it's broken and says I owe the government money. It doesn't say anything about interest, and the payment due date is the instant I see the letter... Soo uhh, fuck em. This isn't how GST cheques work, Imma ignoring this government fuckup.
My sister received two CERB cheques....but she never applied. She's called several times to notify them and return the money, but can't get a straight answer. Things are messed up at the moment.

I just hope the dollar dollar doesn't drop further before the new consoles launch.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Not a deal but if anyone's looking to get that really nice LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System model (300$ before taxes, shipping is free and includes a free gift) it's back in stock. I just grabbed mine, totalled to $338 with taxes in Ontario.

www.lego.com

Nintendo Entertainment System™ 71374 | LEGO® Super Mario™ | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop CA

Recreate the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in LEGO® style!
I kind of want this because I'm curious to see how the TV part comes together, but also it's a lot of money for something that will just sit there after building it. lol

MrMiyamoto

Oct 31, 2017

Nopers.

Jul 8, 2020
Can anyone find copies of TLOU 2 PS4 for less than $50? Everything on Vancouver craigslist is like $65.
Avoided spoilers so far but itching to play ..

Status
Not open for further replies.