• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
sry not a gaming specific question/request but since you guys are also checking prices, maybe someone can give me a handy hint.
hope someone can help me out:
iam sitting here in sweden, my grandmas ipad broke, she lives in canada.
i would like to buy her a new ipad, buying and shipping makes no sense, so can anyone tell me, where to get a cheap new ipad which ships to her place?
i guess it should be the basic one since she is mainly using it to talk to my uncles and aunts, so which of the many versions is needed?

thanks in advance!
Cheapest, and most reliable is apple refurbished.

www.apple.com

Refurbished iPad Deals - Apple (CA)

Save up to 15% on a refurbished iPad at Apple Online Store with free delivery. All models are Apple-certified with a 1-year warranty.

Last edited:

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Any recommendations on where I should preorder the PS5? I usually use Amazon, but I am feed up with their shipping. I was thinking about Best Buy, but don't have much experience with them.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations on where I should preorder the PS5? I usually use Amazon, but I am feed up with their shipping. I was thinking about Best Buy, but don't have much experience with them.
BB has been pretty reliable in my experience but with a new console, C-19, and incredibly high demand there's bound to be some foolery to go down.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'll pre order whoever puts the consoles up first, but if I can get pre-orders at Best Buy, those will be the ones I keep

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
WM was great for me in getting my Spidey PS4 Pro on launch day as well as a 500 million PS4 Pro on launch day that I got rid of. Then again, I'm in Toronto so I don't have to worry about them shipping it across the country.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
I buy my new console from Costco. Their warranty alone makes it the best choice.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Play at Best Buy event that they said was about pre-orders was retrofitted into a "contest". Ugh.

Cilidra

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
You can buy launch consoles from Costco? How do you pre-order? For best buy is it best to pre order consoles online and do an instore pick up? or go to your local store
You have to show up or do it on-line (stock is not the same). There was no pre-order as far as I am aware. Bought my launch PS4 there. It died about 5 years later. I was able to return it no hassle full refund. Bought my PS4 Pro there at that point ( on-line).
For a launch console, given that there might be some inherent defect (red light of death for example), I rather take my chances at missing the firstt wave than having a console die just after manufacturers warranty expires.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You have to show up or do it on-line (stock is not the same). There was no pre-order as far as I am aware. Bought my launch PS4 there. It died about 5 years later. I was able to return it no hassle full refund. Bought my PS4 Pro there at that point ( on-line).
For a launch console, given that there might be some inherent defect (red light of death for example), I rather take my chances at missing the firstt wave than having a console die just after manufacturers warranty expires.

Are consoles not a part of the 90 day return limit that Costco imposes on electronics?

Cilidra

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Are consoles not a part of the 90 day return limit that Costco imposes on electronics?
Nope (unless they changed it recently). 90 days is for tv, phones, computers.
That's why I bought my PS4 there.
Edit. I just checked and consoles are still unlimited return. They are not excluded like some electronics.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope (unless they changed it recently). 90 days is for tv, phones, computers.
That's why I bought my PS4 there.
Edit. I just checked and consoles are still unlimited return. They are not excluded like some electronics.

HUHHH.....

I did my first ever Costco return last week (a 7 year old busted lawnmower) with 0 issues, has practically converted me to see if I can't just get everything there now.

Cilidra

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
HUHHH.....

I did my first ever Costco return last week (a 7 year old busted lawnmower) with 0 issues, has practically converted me to see if I can't just get everything there now.
You have to keep the original box and everything that was in there (games, controllers). But yeah, Costco is amazing for their returns. They treat their employees well too.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's counterintuitive to their entire business model, but I wish Costco would open downtown locations. lol

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's counterintuitive to their entire business model, but I wish Costco would open downtown locations. lol

When I used to live downtown it was funny to hear my neighbors loudly complain about big box stores then go to the local corner shop and buy WM and Costco house brands of stuff (parsed into smaller quantities by the local corner store itself lol) without realizing what brand they were buying....hint, it's not grandmas organic independent holistic brand, folks...

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WTF? I would feel pretty guilty returning a lawnmower I used for 7 years even if Costco does accept it.

I'm poor, get off my ass. I dunno what made-up scruples your using, but people living under the poverty line can't afford arbitrary feelings of guilt in defence of a corporation.

Besides, it's not an exploit, it's their literal fucking return policy. If it's so wrong and immoral then they wouldn't accept it without question.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
How do you guys plan to preorder next gen consoles?

I don't?

Nothing Sony has shown me looks interesting. My PC will play all of the third party content/Indies, and play them better. The first party content, outside of Horizon, doesn't interest me.

Microsoft is the only one that has my attention, but I still won't get it at launch. Now you might say the argument could be the same, all of Microsoft's first party content is on pc, will look and play better there, and your right, it will. What my PC can't do, is play Viva Pinata, or Conkers bad fur Day, or any of the other BC content that never came to PC. That's the primary reason I'll buy a series x, but I can wait

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't?

Nothing Sony has shown me looks interesting. My PC will play all of the third party content/Indies, and play them better. The first party content, outside of Horizon, doesn't interest me.

Microsoft is the only one that has my attention, but I still won't get it at launch. Now you might say the argument could be the same, all of Microsoft's first party content is on pc, will look and play better there, and your right, it will. What my PC can't do, is play Viva Pinata, or Conkers bad fur Day, or any of the other BC content that never came to PC. That's the primary reason I'll buy a series x, but I can wait
don't you have an xbox one or onex because buying a series x mainly for bc seems a very expensive proposal. seein how bc title run on xboxonex don't think they can i prove much more I m more than happy about it. And yes its one of the big xbox advantage right now. still love ps first party title so for me I ll have to buy a ps5...and a series x down the line

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
So the only places you can preorder in store is Best Buy and ebgames? I have never preordered online so a bit wary

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If Best Buy doesn't put these Ubisoft pre-orders up at a discount, I'm calling that the deals they mentioned a few weeks ago won't exist. Ubi is the only publisher that consistently discounted their pre-orders, you could set a clock to it. If it doesn't happen with them,. it ain't happening.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Scrubs complete collection is gone from iTunes wtf??
It had just come out recently, was like $70.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might be re-releasing a version without the episodes they pulled from streaming.
And in widescreen hopefully...

But there's some bullshit going on with the iTunes Store licences, half my purchases don't show they're owned on the store listings, it would want me to rebuy again. I noticed it for the Tarantino collection, it's like they renew the licence or something so it has to be a new "product". It's very messy, if you don't remember you already bought something you might end up buying it again...

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
And in widescreen hopefully...

But there's some bullshit going on with the iTunes Store licences, half my purchases don't show they're owned on the store listings, it would want me to rebuy again. I noticed it for the Tarantino collection, it's like they renew the licence or something so it has to be a new "product". It's very messy, if you don't remember you already bought something you might end up buying it again...
Happens to me all the time. It's usually because they reissued a new version for one reason or another. I owned two copies of Dark Knight for months without realizing it for that reason. It's super frustrating

Oct 25, 2017
For those picking up GoT and Paper Mario this week: EB is still offering +30% trade towards digital cards which includes PSN and Eshop credit. Combine that with no tax on PSN and It's not quite as painful. They also have a 3 Trades +$15, 5 trades +$25 and 7 trades +40 promo ending today. I dumped a bunch of stuff I have digitally (horizon dark souls uncharted etc) and got enough to pay off a new release (or hopefully put towards next gen)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass makes next gen really cheap 🤷‍♂️

after the actual console purchase tho. it's gravy after
Yup. It will be a crazy feeling watching the MS event on the 23rd, and for so many games being able to just say "I'll just get to play this". Halo, Forza, whatever else. It's an absolutely crazy value.

I'm less looking forward to not being able to play anything for the first three days after launch because their servers are getting hammered while Everyone tries to download 5+ massive games at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.