• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember to use the waive signature option for delivery options with couriers if you can, folks. For your safety and theirs. MyUPS allows you to sign electronically on their site/app so the courier can drop stuff on your porch, without any contact between you and the courier. Obviously this won't work for everyone but wanted to give a gentle reminder for folks who have the option to do so.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Oof that dollar. Well I'm refocused on paying debts for the next few years so I guess that's a bit more incentive to lessen my shopping.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Remember to use the waive signature option for delivery options with couriers if you can, folks. For your safety and theirs. MyUPS allows you to sign electronically on their site/app so the courier can drop stuff on your porch, without any contact between you and the courier. Obviously this won't work for everyone but wanted to give a gentle reminder for folks who have the option to do so.
It's funny because so many screens are capacitive touch now which is basically forcing people to touch surfaces.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, I've never gotten so many emails from CEOs in my life

Checking my email inbox has been like

YolywNyVatIqxNrG9L5SA-4I1js6HVfEewqE6XHaXAJy9zNI3dxtk1KixXC9fJ9EXcK9hU9S_rfaO_bmNsL8Sy4KLRcdFSjFzCM6lGqUZG-i87Xa64PTj_ppuS8yV2T30JqIrZi789fLKzau2ST9jbW8GFSPO0eBIFs

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Why is our dollar getting worse when the US epidemic is worse?
Oil, which doesn't make sense now when oil went up to 60 our dollar didn't go up. Guess ppl only look at the negative lol. Another factor is how much investors think our currency worth. Guess oil again lol. Really need to sell our shit not just to the US.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny because so many screens are capacitive touch now which is basically forcing people to touch surfaces.
Had a UPS delivery today and they left it on my porch while I was working, because I signed online. Perfect.

And then CPost did another one where they left a missed delivery notice, meaning I have to go to Shoppers tomorrow. I don't think it's possible to do "do not safe drop" with CPost?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Had a UPS delivery today and they left it on my porch while I was working, because I signed online. Perfect.

And then CPost did another one where they left a missed delivery notice, meaning I have to go to Shoppers tomorrow. I don't think it's possible to do "do not safe drop" with CPost?
Yeah, I think you have to pick it up if that's the deliver's instructions. But I haven't had to deal with that in a while so I'm not sure if they've changed their policy.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I received a shipment from Canada Post on Monday, and the postal worker signed for the package himself as he handed me the box. He probably didn't want me to sign for it, as he kept his distance. First time that happened to me, but I can understand why. Unfortunately I couldn't sign up for package release online as Canada Post doesn't allow that. I'll definitely do it when it's offered, though.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I received a shipment from Canada Post on Monday, and the postal worker signed for the package himself as he handed me the box. He probably didn't want me to sign for it, as he kept his distance. First time that happened to me, but I can understand why. Unfortunately I couldn't sign up for package release online as Canada Post doesn't allow that. I'll definitely do it when it's offered, though.
(I'll preface this by saying I work for Canada Post in downtown Toronto.)

I think the plan is to card or safe drop right now, except if the building is sketchy, then it's just a card. Personally I don't like to card items, but I've been signing for signature items when I hand them over to people. The current situation is making for some weird deliveries.

don't think it's possible to do "do not safe drop" with CPost?
We definitely have items that say "do not safe drop," but I don't know how one goes about adding it to a shipment.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
(I'll preface this by saying I work for Canada Post in downtown Toronto.)

I think the plan is to card or safe drop right now, except if the building is sketchy, then it's just a card. Personally I don't like to card items, but I've been signing for signature items when I hand them over to people. The current situation is making for some weird deliveries.
Thanks for the clarification! I'll be on the lookout for that then, for future deliveries (at least for the present).

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
How's EB for last minute preorders? Im just gonna buy Animal Crossing on their site now and wondering if this COVID-19 situation is gonna mess things up

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend's copy of AC that I bought her from Best Buy just shipped from Mississauga. Think it'll make it here (Ottawa) by tomorrow? Or am I going to go buy a local copy and return the one I got online when it shows up?

Oct 26, 2017
Felt like sharing; I found a vid exploring a bit of downtown Toronto on March 16th. Really shows you how quiet it is right now. I might do this myself if I have to be there next time.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have a $250 gift card that I received as a present over Christmas. I was planning on saving it for next gen but looking at the landscape now I am thinking about just buying up a bunch of things I have been eyeing on their site. Maybe an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller or something.

Gamestop's actions in the US, self proclaiming themselves an essential service, points to them being on their very last legs. It's a desperation move to stay in business and bring in as much funds as they can because they aren't coming back. I don't think their EB establishments in Canada are in as bad shape but with the way things are going it could potentially cripple them as well.

This whole situation sucks, especially for the employees. Trapped between losing their jobs and putting themselves at risk.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I have a $250 gift card that I received as a present over Christmas. I was planning on saving it for next gen but looking at the landscape now I am thinking about just buying up a bunch of things I have been eyeing on their site. Maybe an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller or something.

Gamestop's actions in the US, self proclaiming themselves an essential service, points to them being on their very last legs. It's a desperation move to stay in business and bring in as much funds as they can because they aren't coming back. I don't think their EB establishments in Canada are in as bad shape but with the way things are going it could potentially cripple them as well.

This whole situation sucks, especially for the employees. Trapped between losing their jobs and putting themselves at risk.
It's weird because this should drive more people and make their business irrelevant faster, so they're forced to try to stay open. But if you're some minimum wage person handing out copies of Animal Crossing to people, you have to wonder what the point is.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019

It's not just GS in the US. Camelot got a recording of a conference call, and though he calls it "GameStop" it's pretty obviously EBGames Canada. ("provincial gov't" and "the store in Calgary" are mentioned)

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I'm wanting to go on a game spree real quick because with our cent dropping it's gonna make so much shit cost so much more.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered I had a copy of Doom PS4 coming in. I'm hoping returns are still going on as normal at Walmart... I don't know if the system would be overwhelmed or not.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
My girlfriend's copy of AC that I bought her from Best Buy just shipped from Mississauga. Think it'll make it here (Ottawa) by tomorrow? Or am I going to go buy a local copy and return the one I got online when it shows up?
Loblaws is starting to restrict returns, I think I heard something about Costco too. I'd expect Walmart to follow suit. These are overwhelmed grocery stores that could use less clerks on Customer Service, but I wouldn't be surprised if many other retailers jump in, because who knows if you sneezed on whatever thing you're trying to return...

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Loblaws is starting to restrict returns, I think I heard something about Costco too. I'd expect Walmart to follow suit. These are overwhelmed grocery stores that could use less clerks on Customer Service, but I wouldn't be surprised if many other retailers jump in, because who knows if you sneezed on whatever thing you're trying to return...
That's scary for consumer rights, but I get it. I wonder if you at least can prove something was bad or whatever if you can get a refund or credit.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For groceries and foodstuffs, that makes 100% sense, especially right now. If walmart does so too I expect it only to apply to groceries, and not anything else (though not many are going out to get anything other than groceries anyway)

Link25ca

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone missed it, EB Games Twitter page is showing that they are closing all stores effective today with no reopen date set. It's looking like it really is best to buy digital for the foreseeable future.

I have a copy of FF7 with Amazon and a back up with Walmart during their E3 sales so we will see how that goes.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
In case anyone missed it, EB Games Twitter page is showing that they are closing all stores effective today with no reopen date set. It's looking like it really is best to buy digital for the foreseeable future.

I have a copy of FF7 with Amazon and a back up with Walmart during their E3 sales so we will see how that goes.

Hope none of y'all have any preorders or gift cards there.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Anyone have any recommendations for decent inexpensive office chairs?
Working from home for the foreseeable future and reaaally need something better.
Sub 200 would be ideal.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'd be really bummed if they go away for good. Staff at mine are awesome people.

Luckily I used up all my pre order credits from e3 now though.

I would be bummed too tbh, but the writing is kinda on the wall. I had an FFVII remake preorder that I swapped over to the Yakuza HD Collection in Feb cause I wanted to cash out. Really glad I did now.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

Hard to get out of it when the Premier shames you at a press conference and you have a line outside what I guess is the flagship store in Toronto.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope EB fulfills my pre-order for Final Fantasy VII Deluxe, it's sold out everywhere. It sounds like online orders won't really be affected, but I'm still nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.