• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for a charger to use for their Switch in hotels and planes and such without having to unplug their dock, this looks solid: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DFGKFM3/

You'll need to get a USB-C cable too though. Won't work with it docked.

Why not just get the official charger for $40 then? It comes with a cable.

Stuff like this happens because orders can be picked off store shelves. If an order is sent to one store and they pick a product for shipment but are out of the other product its easier to just ship the currently on hand product and have another store finish fulfilling the order.

I don't think Walmart ships from a store. Their inventory is separate from the online one. It's more likely that they were shipped from different warehouses and it just cost too much to consolidate the package.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't think Walmart ships from a store. Their inventory is separate from the online one. It's more likely that they were shipped from different warehouses and it just cost too much to consolidate the package.
Nah, WM is just dumb. I got 3 separate boxes with one Amiibo each all from the same warehouse in Mississauga from a single order shipped on the same day.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I assume there's some "ship it now" mandate that all these retailers use and the actual cost is negligible at scale. It just seems like a waste of time for everyone though, but I guess as long as there's a minimum shipping threshold, that will always happen.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Question for anyone who bought the TMS code from Staples when the $25 off $75 code was available: did you just get charged GST, or was there provincial tax as well based on the billing address?

I know when I bought Wargroove from The Source, I only got hit for GST.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Why not just get the official charger for $40 then? It comes with a cable.

I literally work at walmart. Stuff ships from stores all the time. Usually grocery items over other goods but anything can ship from the store.
There is of course several warehouses as well because the online store carries far more product then whats available on the shelf. And the warehouse will handle fulfillment before a store will, it only goes to the store if the warehouse is out of stock.

Last edited:

Bilollipop

Nov 26, 2017
Canada
Question for anyone who bought the TMS code from Staples when the $25 off $75 code was available: did you just get charged GST, or was there provincial tax as well based on the billing address?

I know when I bought Wargroove from The Source, I only got hit for GST.
I had to put in a shipping address, so although my billing address is AB, I put an ON shipping address and was charged HST :/
Ugmh8YZ.jpg

Last edited:

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woot!! Most X-Men films are available on Disney+, a Canadian exclusive, can you even balee dat?!?!?
Gonna rewatch the Wolverine trilogy, Logan is not there yet, but I got that on iTunes.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
If you got an Amazon E3 order of FFVII Remake from 2015 or 2016, it's doomed. They changed the SKU of it and removed the old one. My order is still active but says they don't know if it'll ship. I chatted with them and they said those will be cancelled and we'll be given a $5 voucher, because that SKU was cancelled by their provider...

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
If you got an Amazon E3 order of FFVII Remake from 2015 or 2016, it's doomed. They changed the SKU of it and removed the old one. My order is still active but says they don't know if it'll ship. I chatted with them and they said those will be cancelled and we'll be given a $5 voucher, because that SKU was cancelled by their provider...
Nah. I've gotten dead skus before, and CSRs literally don't know what the fuck they're saying 95% of the time.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried the 3 months GamePass ultimate from Costco? Game Deals Canada says that it is the buy 3 months, get 3 extra months promo again (which they did do last time IIRC). But the actual item on the webpage doesn't seem to indicate anything special?

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Has anyone tried the 3 months GamePass ultimate from Costco? Game Deals Canada says that it is the buy 3 months, get 3 extra months promo again (which they did do last time IIRC). But the actual item on the webpage doesn't seem to indicate anything special?
It shows as half price when I look online, so I guess that's equivalent to 6 months for the price of 3?

Cru Jones

Oct 28, 2017

fuck, on with support right now because I just noticed the same thing, except my order was actually cancelled.

I didn't even get an email, I just happened to go into my open orders and noticed it was no longer there.

Also my order was from 2017

Last edited:

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My order (and one for my cousin) just says "not yet shipped". Will have to talk to Amazon CSR tomorrow and see if I'm ever gonna get those. Thank god I have back up orders at Walmart.

Cru Jones

Oct 28, 2017
My order (and one for my cousin) just says "not yet shipped". Will have to talk to Amazon CSR tomorrow and see if I'm ever gonna get those. Thank god I have back up orders at Walmart.

Nothing they could do for me. They cancelled it and since the listing is unavailable they can't reinstate the order.

I asked for and received a $32 Amazon credit (the discount I had on the order).

Cru Jones

Oct 28, 2017
I'm privately selling my pro. I think I can get $300-320 out of it with some game on top.

How much would ebgames take off the price of a ps5 if I traded it over there?

edit: ebgames says trade price for pro is $230. Man fuck that if thats the max.

You can buy a brand new pro with warranty and a game for $370 right now.

$230 sounds about right

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Xbox Series X first because of gamepass and not owning Xbox One, with playstation shortly after, however should I go purely digital this gen?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Xbox Series X first because of gamepass and not owning Xbox One, with playstation shortly after, however should I go purely digital this gen?

Unfortunately we don't have any factual information about either (aside from Series X having gamepass and xcloud, obviously). So any advice someone's giving you today is based off pure speculation.

Ask again after e3 in Summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.