• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly a gaming deal, but are there any good laptop deals for black friday? Don't need it for gaming but work, so just preferably with decent RAM & hard drive, CPU & GPU less important. Preferably light for travel reasons...

Oct 25, 2017
working retail in the holiday season. the memories tho

Mikey pls you sound privileged af.

How the fuck do I sound privileged?

Did I say I'm going to go there and start screaming at people and shit?

I can go and pick up a game or something and check out, can't I? Is that going to give retail staff nightmares?

So not sure what you're blabbling about honestly. If someone wants to go out and buy something, let them. Don't be an asshole. Have patience. That should just be common sense. But because I want to go out for Black Friday, I'm privileged.

I'll make this simple: Don't be a jackass on Black Friday or any time you go shopping (but especially on Black Friday and the holiday season).

Ok.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Heck no. Haven't you seen willy wonka chocolate factory? Warehouses are glorious places of wonder and joy. :)

I've worked in warehouses. Yeah, you don't deal with customers, 100% agree. But Christmas time its also stressful filling all those fucking orders where you barely have time to scratch your own ass.

I've worked for UPS and DHL. It's not all fun and games and while I don't work for those places anymore, I'm sure those warehouse employees are starting to feel it. Ordering online is not some panacea.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone I know ordered a 43 inch TV from Best Buy on the 20th and it still hasn't shipped, their website said it would be delivered the 21st =/ Best Buy person said they can't expedite the process until today....and it's not like the TV is out of stock

Purolator hasn't even picked it up yet, it only has a shipping label created =/

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows if the PSVR Astro Boy + Moss bundle is the v1 or v2 version of the headset? Wanted to check last night but forgot and I can't find the info online.

Now that I have an hdr tv I actually care about that stuff lol.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Mutant Year Zero for $30 at Amazon seems like a decent deal. Had my eye on it for a bit.

also tempted to grab that sweet ass purple dualshock 4 for 50 bucks.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty awesome deal for someone considering Ultrawide:

Asus PG348Q for $800:

Maybe not the best today, but this was the best just a few years ago. There are potential (minor) issues with 100Hz overclocking for some people, but considering Best Buy's return policy, it's not too bad.

The next best thing would be a native 100Hz -> 120Hz overclockable monitor, but you're looking at $1150 minimum. This deal is hard to beat.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of good gaming deals this Black Friday. I kept it light this year, I got God of War, Black Ops 4 (why not for $20) and some gifts for people.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Working over this Black Friday so I ordered the PSVR 5 game combo from ebgames. Hopefully it does not tale too long to ship.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017

1660 Ti $330. It's about same price as or less than what 1660 super is going for right now. It's like 1-5 percent faster than super.

No deals on super around, but potentially if that goes cheaper that's a better buy. Seems unlikely though.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Does ebgames sends you the code by email?

It says digital and they don't charge shipping for it despite being under the $50 free shipping threshold, so I'm going to say yes. I'd be shocked if they sent you an actual card. It's probably coming through Codes2Go, which handles digital code distribution for a whole bunch of stores in Canada.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Damn those AMD CPUs went fast on Amazon.

The 3600X is still available at $260, still a pretty good deal.

Not sure if I'm sad that I missed the 3800X or not....still not totally sold on these AMD chips with their weird boost clock behaviour and hunger for really fast RAM. They are clearly lightyears better than what AMD was offering before, but there just seems to be a lot of weirdness around them.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Was hoping to get a cheap Poke Ball Plus this Black Friday but with Nintendo of Canada not matching the deal from the States, GameStop and Target refusing to ship them outside of the U.S. and Amazon.com being cute about even reducing the price, I'm not sure it's in the cards.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon - 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus controllers are on sale for $55.19 tax free.

I really like using it on PC, don't know about the Switch other than hearing it can't turn on the console. I did get an odd technical issue while playing Deus Ex Human Revolution with it spiking frametimes to 30-80ms using bluetooth. Don't know if that was game specific as I didn't notice any serious problems with the (very) few other games I tried.

Maaan...I love my non plus SN30 pro. Got it for 50 at best buy, with a free 25 gift card. I think this is a dope deal, especially for those looking for a Switch pro controller, since it has adjustable triggers, customizable buttons, macros, and a dpad that isn't garbage. Would have totally waited for this had I known

Status
Not open for further replies.