• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

Are there any alternatives to Harmony remotes? I'm looking for something universal but I would need both IR and Bluetooth and it gets ridiculous with the Harmony if you want BT support.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered Pokemon from Amazon.ca is arriving...November 28?! Hahahaha. Guess I'm buying tomorrow at retail and swapping later. What a joke.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Got shipping confirmation from wal mart on my Star Wars but not Pokemon. Wal mart are the worst though, so who knows when it will arrive

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Still no shipping notice from Walmart for Fallen Order. I am scared cause I really wanna play it tomorrow!

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I already got charged by Amazon for Pokemon, so I'm hoping I'll get it tomorrow. Also got shipping confirmation on my amiibo from best buy.

Now I'm debating getting Star Wars digital, so I can play early to forget about Pokemon for a few hours.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Free Teen burgers on the A&W app

code Burger4free
Free burger... IF you give the A&W app your credit card number, and then use the app to "purchase" your free burger.

Since February, CBC News has heard from more than 20 people who allege a fraudster somehow infiltrated their McDonald's phone app — which was linked to their debit or credit card — and ordered meals for pickup.

In one case in April, more than $2,000 worth of meals was ordered at different McDonald's restaurants in Montreal and all charged to one unsuspecting customer in Toronto.
"While we are aware that some isolated incidents involving unauthorized transactions have occurred, we remain confident in the security of our app," said McDonald's Canada spokesperson Ryma Boussoufa.
On Oct. 16, someone used Kelly's app to order $34.87 worth of Chicken McNuggets and burgers for pickup at a McDonald's in Toronto — about 140 kilometres from her home. When she reported the case, a customer service rep assured her it was just a glitch.

"She said, 'The good news is you don't have to report your credit card as compromised,'" Kelly said. "She was really framing it in a really positive way."
McDonald's app victims have also questioned why the restaurant chain won't directly refund their money. Instead, McDonald's has instructed customers to file a claim with the bank behind the credit or debit card attached to their app — even for incorrect charges caused by a technical glitch.

The McDonalds app is buggy as shit. No reason to believe the A&W app is any better. I think I'd sooner give my CC info to VideoGamesPlus.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't put credit card info into any store app. They are not trustworthy enough.

You can get a free teen burger if you buy a $25 gift card though. Good deal if you spend money at A&W anyway.

kennah

Nov 11, 2018
If course. Two days after I finally sign up for the one month of game pass for a buck they changed it to 3 months. Guess I'll sign up again with a different email

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Still no shipping info on Pokemon...Thanks Amazon!
Same...sort of. I got an e-mail saying it would be arriving on the 27th.

Honestly, I might just burn one of my two vouchers on it since I already own every other $80 title that's currently offered and the only other game that i'm somewhat interested in burning one on that's coming between now and June is #FE.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Same...sort of. I got an e-mail saying it would be arriving on the 27th.

Honestly, I might just burn one of my two vouchers on it since I already own every other $80 title that's currently offered and the only other game that i'm somewhat interested in burning one on that's coming between now and June is #FE.

Still no shipping notice, but they did take the money out of my credit card, so I'm waiting and seeing at this point

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Still no shipping notice, but they did take the money out of my credit card, so I'm waiting and seeing at this point
I'm giving it until 11; if it doesn't ship out by then, i'm assuming they weren't joking about that ludicrous date despite placing a charge on my credit card.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Wal-Mart shipped Link's Awakening and Death Stranding the night before and they got in on time, Fallen Order still hasn't shipped.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Had an old Best Buy pre-order and they charged me for Pokemon and Metroid, then sent a shipping email with the tracking numbers of the already shipped games. Uh huh.

I'll give it a few days and see if Metroid gets refunded.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Damned Amazon:

" I have checked it out for you I could see the order is not shipped due to technical glitch that I have fixed for you it will ship wthin next 24-48 hours for you "

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart hasn't even charged my card for Pokémon and I've had that preorder since June... I see the game is out of stock as well. Lucky me.

Edit: Wow, the game just got delivered by UPS. I never received a notice, the order is still set as in progress on the website and my card hasn't been charged. That's weird as fuck, but hey, I have the game!

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently that Aurora R8 Costco computer is a 1089 now if you can find a Costco still willing to sell it. lol

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
No shipping notice from Walmart for Pokémon. It was bound to happen eventually. I'll keep an eye out anyway to see if it shows up later today.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Walmart hasn't even charged my card for Pokémon and I've had that preorder since June... I see the game is out of stock as well. Lucky me.

Edit: Wow, the game just got delivered by UPS. I never received a notice, the order is still set as in progress on the website and my card hasn't been charged. That's weird as fuck, but hey, I have the game!
Weird for other retailers, normal for Walmart. lol

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Just got both emails from Walmart stating that Jedi and Pokemon have shipped. Looks like they did get sent out last night to be delivered today, no charges on my CC yet either. I'll probably be returning Pokemon to the store, quite unimpressed with everything I've seen lately.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When does walmart usually charge your card? I'm holding my copy of Pokemon Sword Shield double pack in my hands...But I don't even see any pending charges on my credit card on my banking app. Box came with a packing slip, but no receipt detailing price or return policy.

This is the order I tried and failed cancelling...You don't think they only cancelled the payment...?

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Just got like 6 shipping email from Walmart saying Pokemon and Star wars has just shipped, but when checking the tracking numbers, they were actually
delivered this morning. Did not expect that.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just got like 6 shipping email from Walmart saying Pokemon and Star wars has just shipped, but when checking the tracking numbers, they were actually
delivered this morning. Did not expect that.
lmao I thought you were going to say "they were actually all different tracking numbers" and Wal Mart sent 6 copies of each.

When does walmart usually charge your card? I'm holding my copy of Pokemon Sword Shield double pack in my hands...But I don't even see any pending charges on my credit card on my banking app. Box came with a packing slip, but no receipt detailing price or return policy.

This is the order I tried and failed cancelling...You don't think they only cancelled the payment...?

🤷‍♂️ they've sent me four free games in the past two years

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
uHqhv7M.png

walmart.ca is so garbage never pre-ordering from them ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.